3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I just posted my experience above from the infopass.

To summarize. They know its an error and i shouldnt of been denied but ill have to wait until i hear from a supervisor to correct the issue but in the mean time refile and file a motion.

I wish your case will be finished soon and you get your green card as soon as possible. Please keep us updated. One more thing, do you mind to share all the documents that you have sent to USCIS for the AOS. Thanks a bunch.

I wish your case will be finished soon and you get your green card as soon as possible. Please keep us updated. One more thing, do you mind to share all the documents that you have sent to USCIS for the AOS. Thanks a bunch.

Thank you, at this point I feel very frustrated after all these years and never had any issues withe uscis until now, but I will continue to pursue this until they correct their error .

As for the documents I sent , here as follows;

G-1145

Appropriate fee

2 passport photos

Copy of birth certificate

Copy of visa page (F1)

Copy of passport page

Copy of I-94

Copy of approved I-130

G-325A

Copy of current I-20

Copy of all EADs and Approval notices

I-864

Copy of petioners/sponsors tax return, birth certificate, passport, green card, employment letter,w2s

I-693

I-765

I-485

That's everything I sent

?F-1 Visa ??? Approved 2006 ✅

?Post Completion OPT ? Approved 2009 ✅

?I-130 ? [F2B] Approved August 2009 ✅

?Post Completion OPT? Approved 2015 ✅

?Applied for AOS October 2015?? [used Filing Application Date]

?Fingerprints November 2015☝??✅

?EAD ? Approved January 2016✅

?AOS Interview April 2016 ?✅

?AOS Denied ???? [Administrative Error]

?Filed a Service Motion to Reopen my case May 2016 ??✅

?Case Reopened June 2016?✅

?Adjustment of Status APPROVED! June 21 2016??? ????✅

?Greencard in hand June 29 2016 ??????✅

Timeline

Thank you, at this point I feel very frustrated after all these years and never had any issues withe uscis until now, but I will continue to pursue this until they correct their error .

As for the documents I sent , here as follows;

G-1145

Appropriate fee

2 passport photos

Copy of birth certificate

Copy of visa page (F1)

Copy of passport page

Copy of I-94

Copy of approved I-130

G-325A

Copy of current I-20

Copy of all EADs and Approval notices

I-864

Copy of petioners/sponsors tax return, birth certificate, passport, green card, employment letter,w2s

I-693

I-765

I-485

That's everything I sent

Thank you so much for sharing this information. Do you think the PD does matter for your case? In other words, do you think it would be better to let time goes by till the PD comes current or it doesn't matter if one send the documents to USCIS ahead of the time?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

I went for the infopass app and the officer said ita due to the priority date but then she checked the letter properly and saw it was incomplete and the grounds for denial were not clear, she also went to look for my case to figure out whats going on. After 20 mins she came back and said 'we dont have your file it has been sent away" so she cant tell me what notes or why i got that letter. She then told me to writr an inquiry and she will go to her supervisor and i should hear back from her supervisor by the end of the week.

So i got no answers , she clearly could see it was an error and she said to state the reasons in the paper she gave us. She also said i should file a motion and if i want to i can refile to keep me in authorized stay.

I have seen that USCIS informs people to send the documents based on the FILING dates table some month. But for this month they have declared one should send the documents based on the FINAL ACTION DATES table. Do you think there are really important?

Filed: Timeline

I just posted my experience above from the infopass.

To summarize. They know its an error and i shouldnt of been denied but ill have to wait until i hear from a supervisor to correct the issue but in the mean time refile and file a motion.

I really hope that you get approved very soon. I think you should refile and I don't know if you can claim your fee back.

I have seen that USCIS informs people to send the documents based on the FILING dates table some month. But for this month they have declared one should send the documents based on the FINAL ACTION DATES table. Do you think there are really important?

I'll reply to both posts here.

In my opinion priory date is the big issue. Going over the appointment with my lawyer the immigration officer stated:

" it's saying that there are no visa available right now and your priorty is not current" based on that letter. As for the other page it's just blank I'm not even mentioned nor is my case or anything to do with me. It's just information that is generic which they put in every letter.

So basically I was denied because it said my priorty date is not current however, they should of held my application the date is current based on the filling application date. Which the officer knew and said the letter is an error and that's why she recommends writing an inquiry to give to her supervisor and to be on the safe side file a motion as well.

After all this I feel like I could of and should of just waited for my priorty date to be current before I started anything.

I know based on my experience and the stories I have heard from other ppl that used the filing application date, they have all encountered these problems. It's as if they put those dates to get your money and make you go through issues to make you file a motion or refine your case and spend more money.

So my honest opinion- wait for your priority date to be current and use all this time to get everything in order and support your AOS with a good clear cover letter.

I really hope that you get approved very soon. I think you should refile and I don't know if you can claim your fee back.

Thanks , I hope so too. And I also think it's going to be really hard to get a refund even though it says if it's a USCIS error you should be able to get a waiver for the fee or refund, but I can imagine it won't be easy.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I had interview with the CO on 01/05/15 everything seems smooth but at the end I ended up got the 221g with no other documents needed but wait for administrative processing to be completed. I emailed them 2 times but still same respond.

I am hopeless and don't when or how I got this. I am so frustrated !!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had interview with the CO on 01/05/15 everything seems smooth but at the end I ended up got the 221g with no other documents needed but wait for administrative processing to be completed. I emailed them 2 times but still same respond.

I am hopeless and don't when or how I got this. I am so frustrated !!

your interview was on january 5th

or

may 1st?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

got an email today from NVC, that they recieved the documents and they will review it ,give them 30 days before calling.

I already recieved an email on may 9th,they ate sending case to embassy for interview scheduling. isn`t this weird?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

got an email today from NVC, that they recieved the documents and they will review it ,give them 30 days before calling.

I already recieved an email on may 9th,they ate sending case to embassy for interview scheduling. isn`t this weird?

Call them and find out...But seems strange to me though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hello,

So I have a question about the F2B processing. My sister (unmarried over 21 years old) was sponsored by my/her father, who is a permanant resident. The case was given priority date of Feb 2011 and I130 was approved October, 2013.

In relation to the visa bulletin, the current FILING priority date is Dec 15, 2010 and has been for multiple months now... I am hoping it eventually moves up by a couple of months next time it shifts, we will see.

Once the priority date becomes current, we will be waiting until the NVC contacts her to mail in the I-485 forms and necessary documents. However, my sister has recently given birth to a child (November, 2015).

I did some research and it appears that a form (DS-261/260 I think?) can be filled out for the baby and sent to the NVC. My question is, will this form be sent in once the priority date becomes current and the NVC contact for the I-485 and other documentation or does it need to be sent in prior to this?

Would appreciate any insight folks may have. :)

Thanks.

Edited by sazzy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.