3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Me also in Dubai. If you get change interview destination, do let me know. My case is completed but PD is Feb 2010. So I may have sometime to get things accordingly.

hi abid 2222

today got the embassy changed from Islamabad to Abu-dhabi. yay.

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi guys, my appointment was in jan 7 in Abu Dhabi, in the embassy officer asked me about my mom and then told me that you need prove some documents about your mother's Domicilin, and then told me go back and try to gather some info and documents to prove it and then come back, i wanna know how long should it be, and how long my case will remain open at the embassy, i can gather all information and documents for the end of AUGEST, what should i do to keep my case open and have the chance to prove my mom's Domicilin condition to officer.

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi guys, my appointment was in jan 7 in Abu Dhabi, in the embassy officer asked me about my mom and then told me that you need prove some documents about your mother's Domicilin, and then told me go back and try to gather some info and documents to prove it and then come back, i wanna know how long should it be, and how long my case will remain open at the embassy, i can gather all information and documents for the end of AUGEST, what should i do to keep my case open and have the chance to prove my mom's Domicilin condition to officer.

Hi

What types of documents you should provide for them?

What was your PD?

My PD is May,2010 , F2B

Timeline

hi abid 2222

today got the embassy changed from Islamabad to Abu-dhabi. yay.

Hi

Many Congratulations. I will take opinion of my brother if it is good to change or not. Coz my case is completed and still I have 8 or 9 months for interview. Otherwise I will keep it ISL. I think you may get interview in June.

Timeline

Hi

Many Congratulations. I will take opinion of my brother if it is good to change or not. Coz my case is completed and still I have 8 or 9 months for interview. Otherwise I will keep it ISL. I think you may get interview in June.

thanks and good luck

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hey friend, I just wanna ask you bout date of F2A, which f2a date is working now on csc uscis, I m waiting to approve on my i130 so, any one can tell me on working date on F2a category today please

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi im new on this platform but have heard guys on this platform are nice and welcoming...my PD is 16/8/11 and i got a letter from the NVC in 2012 saying that my case is been noted very well.but as at that time there is no visa number for me,so they strongly advice i dont sell or dispose any property i have or make any travel arrangements..and they will notify me if visa number is available for me...is been 6years now and i havnt heard from the nvc.my mum in the usa went to the usci office and they told her that my case has been approved and is been sent to the nvc office.my question is that looking at the new improved visa bulletin by the DOS which now comes in two charts..1 DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION

2 APPLICATION FINAL DATE

DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION visa bulletin for FB2 in march shows 15/12/10

APPLICATION FINAL DATE visa bulletin for FB2 in much shows 22/5/09

The DOS visa bulletin in APRIL indicates that FARMILY BASED should use the DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION and the EMPLOYMENT BASED should use the APPLICATION FINAL DATE..so since my PD is 16/8/11 is it possible that my PD becomes current next year by using the DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chat..thank u

Timeline

Hi im new on this platform but have heard guys on this platform are nice and welcoming...my PD is 16/8/11 and i got a letter from the NVC in 2012 saying that my case is been noted very well.but as at that time there is no visa number for me,so they strongly advice i dont sell or dispose any property i have or make any travel arrangements..and they will notify me if visa number is available for me...is been 6years now and i havnt heard from the nvc.my mum in the usa went to the usci office and they told her that my case has been approved and is been sent to the nvc office.my question is that looking at the new improved visa bulletin by the DOS which now comes in two charts..1 DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION

2 APPLICATION FINAL DATE

DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION visa bulletin for FB2 in march shows 15/12/10

APPLICATION FINAL DATE visa bulletin for FB2 in much shows 22/5/09

The DOS visa bulletin in APRIL indicates that FARMILY BASED should use the DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION and the EMPLOYMENT BASED should use the APPLICATION FINAL DATE..so since my PD is 16/8/11 is it possible that my PD becomes current next year by using the DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chat..thank u

there are 2 charts. One for the people outside the USA, second for people already in USA.

if your outside the USA follow the chart A, for F2b , which is 15 jun 2009

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks karachiite much appreciate but still dont get it...DOS have new laws about visa bulletin incase u dont know and now in every month they will publish two chats of visa bulletin one is DATE FOR FILING APLLICATION.and two is APPLICATION FINAL ACTION..in april bulletin the said all FB2 pertitioners should use DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart and EMPLOYMENT BASE should use APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATE chart...DOS laws says if there are more visa numbers than applicants they will publish on thier web page that all farmily base pertitioners should use DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart ...i have not come accros any page that says that the DOS new visa bulletin which is.. A -DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart is for peoples already in the states and the

B- APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATE chart is for people outside the states,but rather the DOS new visa bulletin charts explains that the DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart will be use for family base sponsores if only there are more visa numbers than applicants..and the EMPLOYMENT BASE will use the APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATE chart....so in the next month if there is more applicants than visa numbers then the DOS will publish it as to which chart to use..this is my understanding on the DOS new visa bulletin chart...if there is any one on the FAMILY BASE CATEGORY who have use the new DOS visa bulletin he/she should tell us so we will understand it very well.THANKS

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks karachiite much appreciate but still dont get it...DOS have new laws about visa bulletin incase u dont know and now in every month they will publish two chats of visa bulletin one is DATE FOR FILING APLLICATION.and two is APPLICATION FINAL ACTION..in april bulletin the said all FB2 pertitioners should use DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart and EMPLOYMENT BASE should use APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATE chart...DOS laws says if there are more visa numbers than applicants they will publish on thier web page that all farmily base pertitioners should use DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart ...i have not come accros any page that says that the DOS new visa bulletin which is.. A -DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart is for peoples already in the states and the

B- APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATE chart is for people outside the states,but rather the DOS new visa bulletin charts explains that the DATE FOR FILING APPLICATION chart will be use for family base sponsores if only there are more visa numbers than applicants..and the EMPLOYMENT BASE will use the APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATE chart....so in the next month if there is more applicants than visa numbers then the DOS will publish it as to which chart to use..this is my understanding on the DOS new visa bulletin chart...if there is any one on the FAMILY BASE CATEGORY who have use the new DOS visa bulletin he/she should tell us so we will understand it very well.THANKS

you got it all wrong my friend.

as karachite told you one for adjustement of statusfor those inside US and the other for consular processing outside .

Filed: Timeline

I have case for my daughter - visa category F2B with priority Date April 2010.

Priority Date got current for the documentation submission and we have received welcome letter from NVC few month's ago.

We Payed all fees and mailed all required documentation ( affidavit, etc) .

We received latter that all documents are completed and the case will be sent to the consulate to schedule interview.

Today I received note over email from NVC with subject P3AU PREVIOUSLY CURRENT FOR NEOPOST DS-1200

stating that

" Because of a recent change in your visa classification or a change in the dates used to begin the visa application

process, visa numbers are not presently available for your visa category. You will be notified when further

consideration can be given to processing your application for immigration. ....."

I can no longer access application online or check status. I assume this is not good sign..

I have recently become a citizen.

Looks like my daughter's case category has been changed.

I read through the instructions to get Opt Out request and planning to send mail to NVC and DHS but not sure what DHS office covering UKRAINE.

Please advise

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have case for my daughter - visa category F2B with priority Date April 2010.

Priority Date got current for the documentation submission and we have received welcome letter from NVC few month's ago.

We Payed all fees and mailed all required documentation ( affidavit, etc) .

We received latter that all documents are completed and the case will be sent to the consulate to schedule interview.

Today I received note over email from NVC with subject P3AU PREVIOUSLY CURRENT FOR NEOPOST DS-1200

stating that

" Because of a recent change in your visa classification or a change in the dates used to begin the visa application

process, visa numbers are not presently available for your visa category. You will be notified when further

consideration can be given to processing your application for immigration. ....."

I can no longer access application online or check status. I assume this is not good sign..

I have recently become a citizen.

Looks like my daughter's case category has been changed.

I read through the instructions to get Opt Out request and planning to send mail to NVC and DHS but not sure what DHS office covering UKRAINE.

Please advise

Nadiya - because you recently became a citizen, your daughter's preference has moved from F2b to F1 - adult children of U.S. citizens which is currently about 9 months behind F2B, which means, while her case might have been current in that category, it no longer is in her new category. Yes, you'll need to request the Opt Out option.

You can contact the US Embassy in Kyiv, or call the NVC helpline and ask where you can email/send the Opt out letter.

Or you can wait until she becomes current in the F1 category.

Good luck!

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.