18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed our fiance visa March 3 2014..we received our first notification but thats it. They say the National average time is 5 months. We are filing out of Texas service center and my consulate is Montreal . Should I be worried of possible problems ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent mine off last of march and haven't heard a thing . Texas service center from I have read is just slow . Possibly because they get the blunt of applications . I think from what I read most people wait til after their 5 months are up and then start calling .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

From experience, 5 months is the waiting time till you get NoA2. After that they send your fiance abroad a packet 3.5 in which they must obtain a police report, fill out some forms and also submit a medical examination from an Embassy approved physician. Once you get all that in, you schedule an appointment.

Timeline

From what I have been reading they are still processing Dec filers? Could be a couple more month guys. Sorry :(

Actually that is exactly my case right now, I filed in December 2011 but my petition was put into Administrative processing for 1 year and 10 months. We JUST heard from them a month back. Looks like we're about to get our visa!

Actually that is exactly my case right now, I filed in December 2011 but my petition was put into Administrative processing for 1 year and 10 months. We JUST heard from them a month back. Looks like we're about to get our visa!

AP for 1 year? That's horrible. That's what I'm scared of. My interview is in 5 days and I'm to scared to make any plans in case that happens. We have been so lucky. We only applied in May and the longest wait was for the interview. Who knows what can go wrong though...

Good luck and I really hope you get your visa soon. That's way to long to have to wait.

Timeline

A year and 10 months honey! That's just 2 months short of another year! Believe me, we felt every minute of it go by. It depends on which country your foreign fiance is from, I mean, mine is from Pakistan so I guess we should have seen it coming lol The weird thing is that my documents were perfect. I mean they never had to ask me for anything else once I submitted. Still got sent to AP. Hopefully you'll have better luck!

I'm a November filer and heading to 8months waiting for NOA2. Tsc k1.

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed our fiance visa March 3 2014..we received our first notification but thats it. They say the National average time is 5 months. We are filing out of Texas service center and my consulate is Montreal . Should I be worried of possible problems ?

Heyyy! Me too my consulate is in Montreal! We filed in February and still haven't received anything :'(... I don't think it has to do with problems, but because they are backlogged... too many requests coming in.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't think there's anything to be worried about. I'm a February filer and haven't heard anything back yet. I believe most likely you'll have another 2 months before receiving NOA2 according to the January TSC thread.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Don't think there's anything to be worried about. I'm a February filer and haven't heard anything back yet. I believe most likely you'll have another 2 months before receiving NOA2 according to the January TSC thread.

I am afraid its more than that...right now they are supposedly approving December 17th and before petitions...so for me as a Jauary applicant its going to be over 7 months....

We have a few November and December filers still waiting for their NOA2. This process isn't for the faint of heart, let me tell ya.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. I hope your fiancé will get the visa soon.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I sent mine off last of march and haven't heard a thing . Texas service center from I have read is just slow . Possibly because they get the blunt of applications . I think from what I read most people wait til after their 5 months are up and then start calling .

From what I have been reading they are still processing Dec filers? Could be a couple more month guys. Sorry :(

A friend of mine filed on 02-28-14 texas location and received her approval 7-07-14 yesterday. looks like there getting to you guys soon. Mine was files in may and i know its only taking 5 months now. Keep checking the status online that helps incase for some reason you don't get a letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.