Jojo_Jess

CFO Review

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK fellow VJers...here's my fiancee's experience when she went to CFO Manila. I don't remember everything, but here's some relevant info that pertains to most of us.

- Arrive 1-1/2 hrs prior to appointment as instructed. There's alot of people and a bit disorganized...it's probably why they want you there very early.

- She had all her paperwork as per Hank_'s guide. However, they did not get her CENOMAR, my ITR or copy of my passport bio.

- Some questions they asked were:

• Do you plan on working in the US?
  • Do you plan on sending money to your family?
  • What is the capital of the United States?
  • What holiday do they celebrate on July 4th?

- Seminar basically goes over what they are going to expect when they arrive in the US. Sense of excitement at first, then sadness and boredom. To help cope with American life, they suggested to take on hobbies, volunteer at a church, charity or social organizations, join a healthclub...get to know the city/town that you are planning to live in and if you have limited English, then maybe take a class to improve your language. It will probably take a year to get adjusted...depends on the individual.

- If they have a passport thats gonna expire, they can go to the Embassy and get a new one while awaiting status.

- Make sure that their family's address is current, since they will come out and survey in 2 weeks, 6 months and a year. Not sure why, but that is what they told her.

- For any domestic violence issues, is to contact nearest police.

- She was also given a guidebook in living in America that she can read on her own time.

- They also gave them some snacks, since it was about 4 hrs in length and they were also given a 200 PHP gift certificate that they can use to buy some food at McDonald's, Jollibee, etc for lunch!

- BRING A JACKET! For some reason, they cranked down the AC to subarctic levels and some of them were complaining that it was too cold. They told them to get used to it because it's much colder in the US than in the Pinas! Wow...so funny!

- Don't forget your fee of 400 PHP!

Well, that's all I have guys...GOOD LUCK!

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

:lol: Will come to the house and survey... now that one is funny!

How a person is treated and what they ask for during the interview is very dependent upon how the person acts and is perceived - those that are confident and self-assured breeze through CFO, those then tend to be shy, quiet or meek they get drilled more and asked for more documents.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow... I did not have a guidebook and gift certificate during my CFO. That's cool. AC was also not as cold.

But anyway, as per questions it was just like a chatty convo with the counselor, very conversational. It was not like a question and answer, was free flowing though she was noting something on the form i filled out. She also said a little about herself. Didn't ask for any docs.

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Why didnt i get snacks?That is so unfair haha.My seminar was okay,questions were easy.Maybe id ask for the snacks when i go back for the sticker!haha

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do have a question about CFO. Can the USC attend as well? My assumption has been yes, but I wanted to make sure.

I arrive in Manila on July 21 for pre-planned holiday and then my fiancee (visa approved) and I return to the US in early August. We have an appointment with CFO on July 22, and I was planning on attending with her. Will this be ok? Will this make things more difficult or easier for her?

Thanks!

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Timeline

I do have a question about CFO. Can the USC attend as well? My assumption has been yes, but I wanted to make sure.

I arrive in Manila on July 21 for pre-planned holiday and then my fiancee (visa approved) and I return to the US in early August. We have an appointment with CFO on July 22, and I was planning on attending with her. Will this be ok? Will this make things more difficult or easier for her?

Thanks!

You know what they say about assume.... ;)

Nope you can not attend, but they have no issue with you waiting.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks!

Petitioners are NOT allowed to attend both the seminar and one-on-one with the CFO counselor. Not sure though if you can even enter the CFO building as well. Chaperons (family & friends) can't, and I didn't see any foreigner inside the building when I had mine last year.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know what they say about assume.... ;)

Nope you can not attend, but they have no issue with you waiting.

Petitioners are NOT allowed to attend both the seminar and one-on-one with the CFO counselor. Not sure though if you can even enter the CFO building as well. Chaperons (family & friends) can't, and I didn't see any foreigner inside the building when I had mine last year.

It is good that I asked then! So I will just wait patiently :) I scheduled the interview for that particular day since my fiancee will be in Manila to meet me at the airport (she lives 6 hours away), so it is more of convenience than anything else.

Thanks again!

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Timeline

It is good that I asked then! So I will just wait patiently :) I scheduled the interview for that particular day since my fiancee will be in Manila to meet me at the airport (she lives 6 hours away), so it is more of convenience than anything else.

Thanks again!

Depending on traffic that could be on the other side of town... :lol:

I went with my wife when she did CFO, it was a long boring wait, but we went to lunch afterwards and goofed off so it was all fun.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks again!

You're welcome! I guess it will be a good idea that you're around, just in case she needs more information form you. But as Hank said, you have to be creative in dealing with boredom. It will be a long wait, but should be worth it. :)

Depending on traffic that could be on the other side of town... :lol:

I went with my wife when she did CFO, it was a long boring wait, but we went to lunch afterwards and goofed off so it was all fun.

Were you able to enter the CFO building, Hank? My cousin had to wait for me outside. I felt bad for her.

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Timeline

You're welcome! I guess it will be a good idea that you're around, just in case she needs more information form you. But as Hank said, you have to be creative in dealing with boredom. It will be a long wait, but should be worth it. :)

Were you able to enter the CFO building, Hank? My cousin had to wait for me outside. I felt bad for her.

Our "fun" was back in the PRISM days and I had to sit outside there. But after the seminar we had to go to the CFO office to get the sticker and there I had to sit outside as well, that took almost 45 minutes.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Our "fun" was back in the PRISM days and I had to sit outside there. But after the seminar we had to go to the CFO office to get the sticker and there I had to sit outside as well, that took almost 45 minutes.

Ahh.. That figures! My cousin had to wait about 5 hours outside the CFO building. There were a lot of people hanging out as well. Good thing she had her ipad with her. But in that part of the city, I won't bring out my gadgets. :lol: Maybe a book would help instead.

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Candy pointed out that while some of the information in the CFO was useful, there were important things left out as well, and probably the more important.

For example I had to tell Candy that if she is home alone and needs to summon emergency services, she is to dial 911. She had no idea. I made sure she knew that before i left her alone for the first time, but how many will forget.

More importantly, there was no mention of what to do if the man becomes violent or abusive. We know to summon the nearest police officer, but how many whose only exposure to a foreign nation is Saudi Arabia know to do that. They need to know they will NOT be charged with abandoning their husband, and that HE, not SHE will get arrested.

BTW for those who want to know everything they ask, anyone who has not been sleeping for the last 6 years knows that Barack Obama is the US President. But how many know that Joe Biden is the Vice President? Candy did not know. But the counselor told her not to worry because that was an unfair question.

Oh yes, and they are quite serious about coming to the family home to interview them. They have already been to Candy's family home in the province.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

Dialing 911 when danger is seconds away :rofl: Dial 911 then call Domino's .... the pizza will arrive first.

- when we first got back from the Phils we grabbed my gun case some ammo and when out shooting... ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.