NikkisPrecious

Anyone applying for I-130, PLEASE READ

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This had been added to Section 7 on the I-130 for the requirements: IT WAS NOT ON THE OLD VERSION.

Section 7 is with regards to "What Documents Do You Need to Prove aFamily Relationship?"

BELOW HAS BEEN ADDED

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed in 1)through 4) above, you should submit one or more of thefollowing types of documentation that may evidence that bonafides of your marriage:

1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property;

or2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence;

or3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources;

or4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together;

or5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage);

or6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

So if it's for I-130, then it's for Cr-1 also...because same form...Then, if i think right, we'll have an Rfe...like for the K-1 in the past when they added the imbra stuff!..

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as this had really annoyed me and seems the US Gov are trying anything to deny more visa's, I'm going to keep positive and just gather as much info as i CAN provide, get a few affidavits and all my other evidence, photo's etc. Its all we have, i just hope honesty and our proof is good enough.

It's made things really hard for couples who are genuine. How are we supposed to be together, its insane, were married and can't even share our married life together.

going through HELL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
As much as this had really annoyed me and seems the US Gov are trying anything to deny more visa's, I'm going to keep positive and just gather as much info as i CAN provide, get a few affidavits and all my other evidence, photo's etc. Its all we have, i just hope honesty and our proof is good enough.

It's made things really hard for couples who are genuine. How are we supposed to be together, its insane, were married and can't even share our married life together.

What proof you have they are trying to "deny more visas"...my opinion is try to be objective and understand where they are at, which might be re-structuring the requests because they have announced they are more severe with the security few months ago...These are maybe the consequences...And, not the least, they included the new request as standard and (can we say, flexible? lol) where all situations can be included; our job is to choose from there what is applicable to us and work from there the best we can. For example: they included stuff that only AOS'ers from inside the US can file (all the joint stuff a couple does when they live together) which is certainly not applicable to those who are outside...(sorry i was just thinking of the outside-inside game...but i'm not going to say it here...ahahaha...this would not be too "objective" )..

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

The only real thing we can supply is the affidavits, all our other evidence we have kept is stuff that was prior to our marriage. Now that we are married shes gone back to USA so we can start this process, my point being how can we prove its an ongoing marriage without any documents...? We would have some of these things if we lived together, but thats our goal here to live together as a family.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what forms of evidence i can show them its an ongoing marriage, we've not been married long so how do we do this?

Pictures of our wedding and affidavits are the only things we actually have, do you guys think this would be enough? I know you can't tell exactly but any advice would help... thanks

going through HELL

Ahem,

You don't necessarily need everything on the list. Just enough to satisfy the interviewer that your marriage is valid.

t

Yes EXACTLY, thats the problem....

We only have pictures of the wedding day, that doesn't prove the marriage is on going. She moved back to the US so we could start the process as soon as possible, therefore we just don't have half the things on that list. It seems to be a problem mainly for newly weds.

going through HELL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ahem,

You don't necessarily need everything on the list. Just enough to satisfy the interviewer that your marriage is valid.

t

Yes EXACTLY, thats the problem....

We only have pictures of the wedding day, that doesn't prove the marriage is on going. She moved back to the US so we could start the process as soon as possible, therefore we just don't have half the things on that list. It seems to be a problem mainly for newly weds.

Hi NikkisPrecious,

How about your Marriage Certificate?..I think a Marriage Certificate together with other proofs like pictures, hotel receipts,telephone receipts,money transfers,emails and chat logs are enough proof of an ongoing marriage.. and for sure you have a couple of friends who can attest your marriage so an Affidavit referring to item 5 is not impossible to get.I don't think USCIS will ask a married couple to provide things NOT APPLICABLE to them..Just be objective and gather whatever things you have and present them.

Goodluck in your journey.

Juvy

Our Timeline:

------I-130---------

Oct. 10 2006 : Sent I-130 to NSC..USCIS transferred it to CSC later on.

Oct. 12 2006 : Package delivered

Oct. 17 2006 : NOA1

Oct. 21 2006 : Received NOA1 thru mail

Feb. 22 2007 : APPROVED!!!

Feb. 23 2007 : touched

------I-129F---------

Nov. 14 2006 : Sent I-129F to Chicago Center

Nov. 15 2006 : Package delivered

Nov. 17 2006 : NOA1 received date

Nov. 21 2006 : NOA1 thru mail..MSCXXXXXXX case number

Nov. 27-28 2006 : Touched without CS changed

Nov. 29 2006 : Case Transferred to CSC

Nov. 30 2006 : Email Notification from CRIS regarding transfer

Dec. 05 2006 : Email Notification from CRIS informing that I-129F is now pending at CSC

Dec. 06-07 2006 : Touched without CS changed

Feb. 02 2007 : Email Notice: Request for Additional Evidence

Feb. 03 2007 : Touched (on a saturday?!)

Feb. 08 2007 : Recieved RFE notice on mail (found out husband forgot to attached his divorce decree)

Feb. 12 2007 : RFE reply sent

Feb. 20 2007 : Email Notice: RFE Reply received

Feb. 21-22 2007 : Touched

Feb. 23 2007 : Email Notice received : APPROVED on . Feb. 22, 2007!!!!

Feb. 28 2007 : Received NOA2 in mail advised that case was already forwarded to NVC

Mar. 2 2007 : Package sent to USE MNLxxxxxxxxxx

Mar. 15 2007 : Interview Sched viewed online

May 18, 2007 : St. Luke's Appointment

May 25, 2007 : INTERVIEW!!..our 5th wedding anniversary!(APPROVED!!!!YAY!!)

June 8,2007 : VISA DELIVERED at 12:15 PM

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are also about to file our CR1 petition. These 'additional' documents are not required, but we are taking advantage of item #6.

If you are able not to provide 1-4, especially the owning property, home lease, joint bank account, it is going to be ok...most of us aren't in the same country with their spouse, and they do know this and that we will be limited in this area.

I am not able to add my husband to my bank account, and we don't own property. We are providing the following documents in addition to the required documentation such as our marriage certificate, etc.:

• Letters from family and friends who know us both
  • Our Phone bills
  • Our Letters
  • Our Emails
  • Our Ecards
  • Our Chat Archives
  • Photos of 3 trips to his country including our wedding & honeymoon photos
  • Video of us with family from previous trips to his country
  • Video of our wedding & honeymoon
  • Wedding attendance list
  • Wedding announcement sent to family and friends in the US who could not attend, along with a list of those recipients.
  • 2006 Joint Tax Return (including a copy of the TaxID request for him)
  • Moneygram receipts

All of this is suffcient evidence for the case to be adjudicated and satisfy the officer there is a bona-fide marriage. Take advantage of item #6, this is the open door Yodrak was talking about in the "Bona Fide Marriage" thread...walk through it.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey guys, I thought I would pass this on-- you know in the US since we can't add someone to a bank account without having a SS#... but you CAN add them to your credit cards!!! I added my husband to ALL of my credit cards. Now he has his own card and we have a paper trail showing he is on my cards. It's a "comingling of finances" :) I just did this on my own, but now I am glad I did having read this!

Julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh! And also I applied for an ITIN number for my husband so we could file taxes together. You can then go to the local IRS office and get an official, stamped and certified copy of your taxes RIGHT THEN so you don't have to wait for eternity for them to process your taxes. Now my taxes show him on there as a non-resident alien. He makes so little anyway I was able to exclude his income from mine but still use the joint status. I actually got more money back LOL! This would probably be another type of comingling finances!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess we filed with the 'old' I-130 form because I don't remember those questions. I'll have to pull out my copies and verify but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

If we already filed our I-130 with the 'old' form are we subject to this new requirement?

Will this old/new form thing spawn a bunch of RFE's for I-130 filers like IMBRA did for I-129's early last year? I hope we're not going to go through that because it created that huge backlog.

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the useful info julianna.

Am I right to say that there's no use in freaing out unless I30 gets processed before and/or while your spouse is still abroad? Which means that if you file an I129f and they arrive in the US on this prior to the I30 being processed there's nothing to worry about since then you can get a SSN, add people to home leases, etc etc.

Also, since we know the USCIS is in a slow evolution for the K3 visa, maybe this extra info will be used to expedite visas by eleminating the need for your spouse to attend an interview at the consulate. - ????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
t,

What interviewer? This is the I-130 petition that is being discussed. No interview for I-130.

The visa application is a separate issue.

Yodrak

Ahem,

t

My bad...should be CO.

t

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.