abella

USCIS TSC Delays

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you heard back? I got my NOA1 (TSC) on 19FEB2014... I have heard nothing since. I have called and asked why it's delayed, they just said they have a backlog... It could be another 3-4 months. It's already been over 7 months, so it could be close to a year just for an NOA2 for us... it's crazy because I see all these people on here getting there NOA2's so quickly. I don't get it--- We have a really simple application - no criminal histories, no prior marriages, no dependents... I am beyond frustrated!

Best of luck!

Have you gotten your congressman or representative involved yet? Have you filed an inquiry to have yours investigated? They have some nerve telling you it may be another 3 or 4 months when you are well passed the 5 month mark. . . .

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

DACA renewals have started. The backlog will probably just get worse

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi - thanks for the replies... I was told an investigation couldn't be started until the processing time passes 19FEB2014, which is the date of my NOA1 --currently, the processing time is at 02FEB2014 but they entered that date on 31 Jul so that's a long time to be stuck on 1 date! I was surprised there weren't more people on here talking about this backlog. Seems like most people have good news! Can't help but be jealous but maybe something is wrong with our application?? Anyway, thanks again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi - thanks for the replies... I was told an investigation couldn't be started until the processing time passes 19FEB2014, which is the date of my NOA1 --currently, the processing time is at 02FEB2014 but they entered that date on 31 Jul so that's a long time to be stuck on 1 date! I was surprised there weren't more people on here talking about this backlog. Seems like most people have good news! Can't help but be jealous but maybe something is wrong with our application?? Anyway, thanks again.

Looks like I am in a similar situation to yourself. I received my NOA1 receipt on 3/06/14 of this year, and have heard nothing with the exception of having our Alien Registration # changed on Aug. 8, 2014. Next week will be the 7-month mark since the receipt, and both my fiance and myself are growing extremely frustrated with the ineptitude and inefficiency of the TSC to process our application in a timely manner.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Looks like I am in a similar situation to yourself. I received my NOA1 receipt on 3/06/14 of this year, and have heard nothing with the exception of having our Alien Registration # changed on Aug. 8, 2014. Next week will be the 7-month mark since the receipt, and both my fiance and myself are growing extremely frustrated with the ineptitude and inefficiency of the TSC to process our application in a timely manner.....

It's pretty obvious that your file has been skipped and or overlooked. Have you contacted anyone regarding your situation?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm there too. We have NOA1 on Feb 10th 2014. USCIS is showing Feb 2nd processing date. I contacted my Senator and was told the USCIS works on cases in the order received. LOL!!! ####### ever.. I look on Igors list and at the same country, Russia, and some have already been approved before us with an NOA1 date that was later.

Getting very frustrated with the US immigration system. It's flawed everywhere for those that try and go through the process legally. All we can do at this point is wait until the posted processing date is past your NOA1, and then can expedite to Sentors and the USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's pretty obvious that your file has been skipped and or overlooked. Have you contacted anyone regarding your situation?

I spoke with a representative from the TSC yesterday afternoon and was told that they were still processing February K1 visas and to remain patient. I also pointed out that numerous April, May and June filers from TSC had already been adjudicated to which he could not provide a sufficient answer for. Previously, I tried contacting a local congressman in my district who provided no help whatsoever. I will say that my fiance had been previously married and I included all of the pertinent annulment papers as well as the declaration of finality. Thus, the only conclusion I can come to is that the vetting process for K1s with annulments are more thorough as opposed to applications where the fiance has not been previously married.... At any rate, hopefully they will reach a decision soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

What's this backlog???

I'm 7months preggo the 5 month mark for mid November since I received my notice of action 1. I really wish my man would be here for baby birth. Due 12/25 :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm getting so anxious!! My NOA1 date for CR1 was april14,2014 and still haven't recieved my NOA2 yet or anything for that matter. I see may and June filers getting approved! I hope there's nothing wrong with my papers! When I call to put a service request in they tell me it's still in the 5 month time frame from when they recieved my petition and have to wait 30 more days if I haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard about any recent delays in TSC??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Feb 2nd is what's posted on the USCIS.gov website. That's what they go by.. Horrible. I'm Feb 10th NOA1, and see others that have filed after us, same country, same service center, getting approval before us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

There is no such thing as the processing of NOA1 based on the order that it is received. There is no chronological order. I know a person filing in my country. He filed for his fiancée at TSC and he did it way after a lot of other cases. He got his NOA2 in 21 days... There is no logic, reason or plausible explanation for this. Please keep calling USCIS to ask. There is a waiting period between calls, a month apparently. Don't give up hope, don't give in to the frustration. Your love for each other, your relationship can withstand this pressure and the uncertainty of it all. Good Luck! I wish you all the best. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It has said February 2nd for the past two months, I'm only on my fourth month and I'm going crazy, I spoke to USCIS today and of course they give the same speech they give everybody we are processing February 2nd blah blah blah, but on the bright side they said that the February 2nd date should change on the website after October 19th so lets see how accurate that is

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Updated today, October 7 - TSC is saying they are processing March 4, 2014 petitions. If you have hit their "official" mark and are over 5 months GET CALLING!

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Updated today, October 7 - TSC is saying they are processing March 4, 2014 petitions. If you have hit their "official" mark and are over 5 months GET CALLING!

From March 4 to October 7 is just over 7 months. That magic number of 5 months went out the window a while ago, unfortunately :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.