18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

So, my CN is a bit high and I think it would be safer to do CP, but if I decide to switch to AOS I can email them and they can do that for me? I wanted to start my DS260 today but got freaked out because it asked me where I want my interview and I'm not sure what to answer (I'd love AOS, but not if it means I'll miss my chance and I heard that if your number is high enough there is a chance of that happening).

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Quite frankly, having watched the trials and tribulations of people doing AOS on another forum I'd suggest doing CP anyway if it's an option, high number or not. The CP process is faster and so many people seem to hit issues with things doing AOS , with many officers unfamiliar with DV as it's such a small % of AOS cases.

Filed: Timeline

Hi folks,

I am currently legally present in the US on a F-1 visa (student visa) and I was selected by the DVLottery for further processing. I called KCC today and they said that my application has been processed and that my number is current, however, they have not given me a visa number (yet). What they told me was that I should call my local USCIS office and schedule an appointment. But how do I schedule an appointment without a visa number? in fact, can I schedule an appointment without a visa number? Should I wait for KCC to issue a visa number for me? Every time I call KCC they give me slightly different information based on who I talk to. I have selected to be interviewed in the USA. Where do I send my I-485 form along with the rest of the documents? Do I send it before or after the interview?

Basically, what is the next step after your application has been processed by KCC and no visa number has been given to you for a person on F-1 visa who has chosen to be interviewed in the USA?

Thank you for your help,

Alan Ford

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.