angeldef

Help on Affidavit of Support ( JUST GOT MORE CONFUSE W/ NVC)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok called NVC just got more confuse on what to do since they didn't know what to do for some reason...

So i want to ask from my scenario what's the best way to go about this...

ME: Don't have tax return (3 years) i did work last year but just for 3 months for little money, this year making more than enough for 2 household size.

MY PARENTS: Has me, two of my brothers, as their dependent. They make more than 6 (which include my wife) household size and they file their tax JOINTLY.

I live with them right now...

So how should i go about this.. do i fill an I-864? and and do they file aswell both of them? i was told about I-864.. what is that and who files that?

Let me know please i want to finish it this week... which is the best way to go about this which one fill out which form. As long as it will be good..

I have both of there Tax Transcript and the 1040/w2..

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

Edited by angeldef

The petitioner ALWAYS signs a completed I-864. They are always the primary sponsor.

As for if you need a joint sponsor that depends on the embassy.

:time:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

The petitioner ALWAYS signs a completed I-864. They are always the primary sponsor.

As for if you need a joint sponsor that depends on the embassy.

:time:

Hey man, well i remember you where helping me with the other thread and i told you i was going to call NVC... they just go me more confuse the first rep said that as long as my parents make an statement that i won't be in the depend and my other brother won't be aswell then the household size should only be 4... but since that's not the case i was thinking of making them my sponsor but not sure if which one make an I-864 and which one makes I-864a... or both and im the only one with I-864..

I think i need a joint sponsor wouldn't I? I don't have tax returns.. i only have projected income which is more than for 2 household.. i don't want to get a letter saying that i need them so i might as well do it now...to save time..

Can you elaborate more when you say "They are always the primary sponsor" as they my parents or your saying a petitioner is always the primary sponsor?

Edited by angeldef

You are always the primary sponsor. A petitioner always is. A petitioner must ALWAYS submit an I-864.

Now because your parents claim you on their taxes as a dependent, should you choose to use them as joint sponsors you have two options.

They can either BOTH sign a completed I-864A as household members

OR (the better option)

They can become your joint sponsors and the parent who marks more signs a completed I-864 and the parent who makes less signs a completed I-864A.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You are always the primary sponsor. A petitioner always is. A petitioner must ALWAYS submit an I-864.

Now because your parents claim you on their taxes as a dependent, should you choose to use them as joint sponsors you have two options.

They can either BOTH sign a completed I-864A as household members

OR (the better option)

They can become your joint sponsors and the parent who marks more signs a completed I-864 and the parent who makes less signs a completed I-864A.

ok i see.. then i'll just send them the 3 years tax transript...? Ill do the better option..

I'm not sure if i do the I-864 for them would it ask for the dependends or there household size looking at the form it didn't.

Sure does... this is how it looks for a spouse who is applying for their spouse. If there were dependents on the last tax return the sponsor will have to include them.

864l.gif

Sure does... this is how it looks for a spouse who is applying for their spouse. If there were dependents on the last tax return the sponsor will have to include them.

864l.gif

I meant the I-864a sorry... but anyways... my dad can make the 6 household size poverty guidelinse alone but there tax return is file JOINTY.. so i really need for my dad to file the I-864 and my mom the I-864a? or the I-864 for my dad is enough since he has more than enough income? do i need my mom with the I-864a still?

because they file jointly it is best to get the other parent to sign a completed I-864a

Again:

You = I-864

Parent who makes most money = I-864

Parent who makes less mone = I-864a

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.