jquan

Case number but told to wait I receive an email.??

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

t took us 15 days from getting the case number and invoince by calling NVC before we could access to the DS-261. You can try like once or twice a week to check if it will be available.

I admit this question is a little crazy, but this process has me going crazy! Was it 15 business days, or 15 days? Thanks! I've waited 13 days, 9 business days...

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NOA 1: 12/9/13

NOA 2: 5/20/14

NVC

Case Number assigned: 6/20/14 (called and operator to find out, still unable to log in)

FINALLY able to log in, DS-261 available: 7/7/14

DS-261 completed: 7/7/14

AOS Fee Invoiced : 7/9/14

AOS Fee Paid: 7/9/14

AOS Fee shows as paid in CEAC: 7/11/14

AOS packet sent: 7/11/14 (via FedEx, guaranteed delivery by Monday, 7/14/14)

AOS packet delivered (per FedEx tracking): 7/14/14

IV Invoiced and paid: 7/14/14

IV Invoice shows as paid and DS-260 available: 7/15/14

DS-260 submitted: 7/15/14

IV packet sent: 7/17 (via FedEx overnight, guaranteed delivery by Friday, 7/18)

AOS Packet scanned in: 7/17 (found out via phone call)

IV packet scanned in: 7/22

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

Case Complete: 9/11

Interview Scheduled: 10/3/14

Interview: 11/10/14

I admit this question is a little crazy, but this process has me going crazy! Was it 15 business days, or 15 days? Thanks! I've waited 13 days, 9 business days...

It was actually 15 days, my husband called NVC ton 13th June and the guy gave him the Case Number and Invoice Number and we only tried to check like i think on 26th June to see if we could access the CEAC site and when we checked again on 28th June we finally got access to DS-261, filled out the form and submit it online, then on 1st July the AOS fee was available for payment, paid it that day and got receipt also from NVC in our email.

Timeline

It was actually 15 days, my husband called NVC ton 13th June and the guy gave him the Case Number and Invoice Number and we only tried to check like i think on 26th June to see if we could access the CEAC site and when we checked again on 28th June we finally got access to DS-261, filled out the form and submit it online, then on 1st July the AOS fee was available for payment, paid it that day and got receipt also from NVC in our email.

Thanks! At what point did you get the actual initial email from NVC?

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NVC

Case Number assigned: 6/20/14 (called and operator to find out, still unable to log in)

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

Thanks! At what point did you get the actual initial email from NVC?

We got access to site on 28th June and we actually got their email on 30th June. The guy my husband spoke too told him he will get it after 20 days in email, it was actually 18 days then from the time we got the numbers from NVC. How many days did they told you to wait for their email?

Timeline

We got access to site on 28th June and we actually got their email on 30th June. The guy my husband spoke too told him he will get it after 20 days in email, it was actually 18 days then from the time we got the numbers from NVC. How many days did they told you to wait for their email?

Well NOA2 (dated May 20th) says NVC should be in touch within 30 days, we are beyond that. I called USCIS after 35 days and the super rude operator I spoke to said the NOA2 is a typo and NVC actually has 90 days to contact us (!?!?!?) When I called the NVC operator on June 23rd, he told me case number and invoice number were assigned on June 20th and the email should be coming "any day now."

Thanks so much for you responses!

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NVC

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

Well NOA2 (dated May 20th) says NVC should be in touch within 30 days, we are beyond that. I called USCIS after 35 days and the super rude operator I spoke to said the NOA2 is a typo and NVC actually has 90 days to contact us (!?!?!?) When I called the NVC operator on June 23rd, he told me case number and invoice number were assigned on June 20th and the email should be coming "any day now."

Thanks so much for you responses!

Your welcome, I'm sure it will be there soon :)

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What is IIN? I thought IIN=invoice identification number, isnt it? I was 8 number

I got my IIN last night and he verified my email address, but when I asked him if I can add my husband( beneficiary)'s email he said he cant change anything at the moment.............. I dont know why, he just told me to wait until I get an email from NVC for further instruction,in which NVC will send me an email to notify me when the DS261 and AOS bill are available. Also do i need Beneficiary number? for what process? I thought we no longer needed that number...

I think I'm just going to check online everyday to see if they appear to be available one day!!!!

Call back in a day or two and give over the beneficiary's email address, they told me the same thing

your case was just entered into the system so they wont be able to input anything until a day or two.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello Connie and Mike,

So even though you got your case number and IIN number, you still have to wait 15 days before you could fill out the DS261 form and also had an email confirmation from NVC. But you could log in on the 28th, and got the email from NVC on the 30th.

SO it seems this is more real than i thought.

My case:

I called NVC this morning and got my case number and IIN number, which was technically assigned on the 18th of june. They also told me that i have to wait 2-4 weeks to get an email before I can continue with the paperwork.

So it seems that this is indeed a NEW STEP that NVC has added in order to control the process even further.

hello Connie and Mike,

So even though you got your case number and IIN number, you still have to wait 15 days before you could fill out the DS261 form and also had an email confirmation from NVC. But you could log in on the 28th, and got the email from NVC on the 30th.

SO it seems this is more real than i thought.

My case:

I called NVC this morning and got my case number and IIN number, which was technically assigned on the 18th of june. They also told me that i have to wait 2-4 weeks to get an email before I can continue with the paperwork.

So it seems that this is indeed a NEW STEP that NVC has added in order to control the process even further.

Yeah the guy at NVC told my husband to wait for their email after 20 days for the instructions and also were informed to wait for the email before we continue. We were actually planning to wait till we get the email before we try to access the site but I actually asked my husband to check 13 days after getting the numbers if he can be able to log in. It was not available that time but I actually tried myself and was surpised that I could finally log in after the 15th day of waiting which was on 28th June and the actual email from NVC with attachment of the AOS fee bill Invoice and instructions was sent to my husbands email on 30th June.

Timeline

Thanks Connie and Mike. So i guess I will wait too and keep checking everyday.

One last question --- do you guys have a lawyer or you both doing this process yourself?

Yeah the guy at NVC told my husband to wait for their email after 20 days for the instructions and also were informed to wait for the email before we continue. We were actually planning to wait till we get the email before we try to access the site but I actually asked my husband to check 13 days after getting the numbers if he can be able to log in. It was not available that time but I actually tried myself and was surpised that I could finally log in after the 15th day of waiting which was on 28th June and the actual email from NVC with attachment of the AOS fee bill Invoice and instructions was sent to my husbands email on 30th June.

Thanks Connie and Mike. So i guess I will wait too and keep checking everyday.

One last question --- do you guys have a lawyer or you both doing this process yourself?

Let me correct the last part, my husband received an email on 30th June from NVC, on the attached letter it says that our visa petition is now eligible for further processing. There mentioned the Case Number, Invoice Number and Beneficiary Number needed to access DS-261. But because we didnt wait for the email and had access on 28th June so filled out the DS-261 tand submitted online, after submitting DS-261 he printed the confirmation page and he received the AOS fee bill Invoice on 30th June also in his email then we paid the Invoice on 1st July.

We did'nt hire a lawyer but we 're using Rapid Visa, we log on to their site and we answer the questions on their automated website and it will generate the forms and they also give instructions on how to submit the documents and when we have queries they are available to chat anytime and also visa journey is a great help for us who like me wants to get informations and answers on all our doubts and worries. It sure depends on the couple if they think they need to hire lawyer or agency but I know most cases that the couples do the whole process by themselves and did'nt hire lawyers or agency to help them and was successful in their journeys. :)

Filed: Timeline

Let me correct the last part, my husband received an email on 30th June from NVC, on the attached letter it says that our visa petition is now eligible for further processing. There mentioned the Case Number, Invoice Number and Beneficiary Number needed to access DS-261. But because we didnt wait for the email and had access on 28th June so filled out the DS-261 tand submitted online, after submitting DS-261 he printed the confirmation page and he received the AOS fee bill Invoice on 30th June also in his email then we paid the Invoice on 1st July.

We did'nt hire a lawyer but we 're using Rapid Visa, we log on to their site and we answer the questions on their automated website and it will generate the forms and they also give instructions on how to submit the documents and when we have queries they are available to chat anytime and also visa journey is a great help for us who like me wants to get informations and answers on all our doubts and worries. It sure depends on the couple if they think they need to hire lawyer or agency but I know most cases that the couples do the whole process by themselves and did'nt hire lawyers or agency to help them and was successful in their journeys. :)

Hey, I'm just curious about Beneficiary number...Will I need Beneficiary number to access DS 261 and AOS Fees? I have Case number and Invoice identification number.

Hey, I'm just curious about Beneficiary number...Will I need Beneficiary number to access DS 261 and AOS Fees? I have Case number and Invoice identification number.

To access the DS-261 and AOS we only used the Case Number and Invoice Identification Number. Just keep checking the site, it will be available to access anytime soon :)

Timeline

thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.

I am sure we will all be successful in our journey. woohoo…one step closer.

My case number was generated last june 20th and as of today, still no access to the ds261 page. Im hoping that things will start moving faster after the holiday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.