Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2014

4,632 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

is this related to the delay we are facing ?

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs posted this on FB:

Information Regarding Ongoing Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) Performance Issues and Steps Taken

The Department of State continues to work to restore our visa system to full functionality.

We anticipate it will take weeks to resume full visa processing capacity.

We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, including adoption cases. So far, we have been able to issue most cases with few delays.

Nearly all passports currently being issued within our customer service standards, despite the system problems. We are able to issue passports for emergency travel.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What caused the system performance issues? Hardware, software, or both?

On July 20, to improve overall system performance and address previous intermittent performance issues, we updated sofware as recommended. Our database began experiencing significant performance issues shortly after this maintenance was performed.

A root cause has not been identified at this time. Current efforts are focused on bringing the system back to normal operations. Once that has been accomplished, resources will be applied to determine the root cause.

Q: What steps did we take to mitigate the performance issues?

Since July 20, our team has worked to restore operations to full capacity. On July 23, the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) was brought back online with limited capacity.

The Department of State is working with Oracle and Microsoft to implement system changes aimed at optimizing performance and addressing ongoing performance issues.

We are incrementally increasing the number of processed cases as our systems will allow.

Q: Has the Bureau of Consular Affairs experienced these types of outages in the past?

CA has experienced minor outages in the past, but never of this magnitude. We have a plan in place to mitigate these occurrences in the future.

Q: Is the software to blame? Why was this allowed to happen?

We have been working to improve our services through upgrades while maintaining existing operations worldwide. However, we are limited by outdated software and hardware.

Q: Why did those steps not work? What’s the next step?

We have not determined why the problems occurred. We are working with our contractor and the software vendor to address the problems.

We are bringing additional servers online to increase capacity and response time.

Q: Why wasn’t there a back-up server?

There was back-up capability and redundancy built into the system. However, the upgrade affected not only our current processing capability, but also our ability to use our redundant system.

Q: What steps are being taken prevent this from happening again?

CA has a plan in place to upgrade the CCD to a newer version of the Oracle commercial database software by the end of the calendar year. We are working to ensure the existing system will remain fully functional until the new database is up and running and thoroughly tested. The plan includes establishing two fully redundant systems.

Q: If CA is fee funded, why can’t it build a robust database that doesn’t fail?

The database has grown dramatically, in both quantity of data and functionality, and vastly improved border security. In addition to checking names against databases, we review fingerprints and perform facial recognition.

We are working towards modernization of our software, hardware, and infrastructure. Demand for our services outpaced our modernization efforts.

Consular Affairs has, and has had, a redundant system. However, the upgrade affected not only our current processing capability, but also our ability to use our redundant system. This is one of the issues we are urgently addressing now.

Q: What do I need to know if I’m a passport applicant?

Almost all passports are currently being issued within our customer service standards, despite the system problems.

We are able to issue passports for emergency travel.

Q: What do I need to know if I’m a visa applicant?

Visa applicants they can expect delays as we process pending cases. We remain able to quickly process emergency cases to completion.

We are working urgently to correct the problem to avoid further inconveniencing travelers.

We are posting updates to the visa page of travel.state.gov, and our embassies and consulates overseas are communicating with visa applicants.

In addition to communicating through our websites, e-mail, and letters, we are also reaching out to applicants via Facebook and other social media sites, such as Weibo, to relay the latest information.

Q: Why hasn’t the Department been more forthcoming until now?

We have experienced CCD outages in the past, but they have never disrupted our ability to perform consular tasks at this magnitude.

We informed the public as soon as it was apparent there was not a quick fix to bring the CCD back to normal operating capacity, and are briefing Congressional staffers regularly.

Q: What is the outlook for Non-immigrant visas? When do we estimate the backlog will be processed?

That will depend on a number of factors. Current efforts are focused on bringing the system back to normal operations.

We must also continue processing new requests. We are committed to reducing the number of pending visa cases as quickly as possible, but we want applicants to know that we will continue to be operating at less than optimal efficiency until the system is restored to full functionality.

Q: Is the Department going to reimburse applicants who missed flights/canceled weddings/missed funerals?

We sincerely regret any delays, inconvenience, or expense that applicants have may have incurred due to the CCD performance issues.

While it might be of little solace to those who have experienced hardship, we are always very careful to tell travelers NOT to make travel plans until they have a visa in hand. Even when the CCD is operating normally, there may be delays in printing visas.

The Department does not have the authority to reimburse applicants for personal travel, nor do we include these costs when calculating our fees. The Department cannot refund visa fees except in the specific circumstances set out in our regulations.

Q: What impact will this have on SIVs?

We have the highest respect for the men and women who take enormous risks in supporting our military and civilian personnel. We are committed to helping those who have helped us. While issuances of Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) to Afghans and Iraqis have been impacted, as have visa issuances around the world, SIV processing continues and remains a high priority.

Q: How is this impacting student visas? They are scheduled to start the fall semester soon.

We are committed to issuing visas to all qualified students and exchange visitors. Issuance of student and exchange visitor visas has been impacted in the past few days, but visa processing continues.

We understand the importance to international students and exchange visitors, their families, and their U.S. host institutions of timely visa issuance in order to facilitate travel and to ensure all students and exchange visitors may begin their programs on time.

Q: What about situations where the student won’t arrive to school on time?

Students should contact their educational institution’s Designated School Official (F and M visas) or designated U.S. sponsor’s Responsible Officer (J visas) and discuss with them what arrangements they can provide for you to begin your program after the start date on your Form I-20 (F and M visas) or Form DS 2019 (J visas), should such a circumstance become necessary.

Q: Will this have any impact on the Diversity Visa program in September?

While issuances of all immigrant visas, including diversity visas, have been impacted in the past few days, IV processing continues and remains a high priority. The Department expects to have used all numbers for DV-2014 when the program year ends on September 30, 2014.

Q: What impact do we anticipate this will have on the U.S. economy?

Tourism and students have a major impact on our economy. Last year, it was estimated that international visitors spent $180.7 billion and supported 1.3 million American jobs. International students contribute $24.7 billion to the U.S. economy through their expenditures on tuition and living expenses, according to the Department of Commerce.

We recognize the significant impact that international travel and tourism has on the U.S. economy, and are taking all possible steps to ensure that the economic impact is minimal.

People traveling under the Visa Waiver Program are not affected at all; nor are those whose previously-issued visas remain valid.

We routinely advise applicants needing new visas to make appointments well in advance of their planned travel, and not to book their travel until they have their printed visas in hand.

AOS application sent via Email June 10th . before June 24th when i called NVC they told me my scan date is June 10th. after that they are telling me my scan date is 24th !! and asking me where did you get the June 10th date from !

DS261 Submitted June 6th. Resubmitted by mistake June 12th

DS261 Accepted July 31 (got that through NVC call)

AOS checklist July 31 (got that through NVC call , didnt get email yet)

IV fee invoice Email , INVOICED on website and paid :) August 1st

AOS checklist email August 2nd .

AOS checklist send via Email Aug 4th

IV documents sent via Email Aug 4th - Scan date Aug 6th

DS260 Submitted Aug 4th

Expedite request sent Sep 6th

Expedite request forwarded to Amman , Jordan Embassy Sep 12th , under review

Expedite request approved Sep 16th. Status change to "in Transit" Sep 17th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi! I just got off the phone with Mel after 40 minutes on hold. He was quite nice. I called to verify my scan dates for the AOS checklist response packets (sent one, realized it was wrong, sent another). It does seem they've been quick with the scans lately (2 business days).

Since my IV packet has yet to be reviewed (June 25 scan), I was given a glimmer of hope by some VJ comments that they might just review both the IV and the checklist responses since they're all sitting there waiting to be reviewed. Well, Mel burst my bubble by saying that they review the packets by scan date, and all three packets aren't necessarily sitting in my folder waiting for whoever grabs my case. Womp womp! I may be the only one nursing that fantasy, but I figured I'd share.

Best of luck to everyone!

Sept 31 NOA1

March 31 NAO2

April 16 file received at NVC

May 13 case number and IIN assigned

May 19 DS261 available and filled online

May 20 AOS invoiced

May 21 AOS paid

May 27 AOS packet delivered to NVC

May 29 AOS scanned in NVC system

June 16 IV invoice email received

June 19 IV package delivered to NVC

June 23 DS 260 signed and submitted in online portal

June 25 IV scanned in NVC system

July 8 AOS checklist received

July 24 first AOS checklist response packet scanned at NVC (this one had an error)

July 24 second (corrected) AOS checklist response delivered to NVC (DHL tracking)

July 28 second AOS checklist response scanned at NVC

Aug 7 IV checklist received

is this related to the delay we are facing ?

[...]

If you're referring to the interview portion waiting to get a visa back, yes. But I'm thinking you mean the long wait times at NVC. And the answer is no. The backlog has been ongoing for a couple months now and it was due to a huge influx of cases from USCIS. NVC is now trying to get through the backlog while still continuing to get cases from USCIS.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

The Department of State is working with Oracle and Microsoft to implement system changes aimed at optimizing performance and addressing ongoing performance issues.

Q: Is the software to blame? Why was this allowed to happen?

We have been working to improve our services through upgrades while maintaining existing operations worldwide. However, we are limited by outdated software and hardware.

Alright, who has contacts at Oracle or Microsoft?? Love how they outed the companies in an attempt to shift the blame.... beautiful.

And bmansour, this has to do with printing visas at the consulates/embassies only. NVC claims that this has nothing to do with their systems.

Click Here For The Business Days Calculator

03/22/2013: Married :wub:

09/16/2013: I-130 Sent

09/26/2013: Email NOA1 received, never received a hard copy

03/05/2014: Transferred to NSC

04/02/2014: NOA2 email :dance:

04/21/2014: NVC Received

05/16/2014: Case Number, IIN, and BIN given

05/20/2014: AOS Invoiced/DS-261 Form Available

05/20/2014: Submit DS-261

05/21/2014: AOS Fee Paid

05/28/2014: AOS Package Sent

05/29/2014: Accidentally re-submit DS-261

06/03/2014: AOS Package Scanned

07/09/2014: Received checklist for DS-261.

07/10/2014: Called NVC, DS-261 checklist is false, no status update. Rep Olivia states she will request a review of my DS-261 since it has been 30 biz days.

07/11/2014: AOS package reviewed and accepted. No checklist!!! Rep Mel states DS-261 was pushed through today, should receive IV invoice next week......

07/14/2014: IV fee invoice received and paid!!! FINALLY!

07/15/2014: IV Package Sent

07/16/2014: IV Package delivered to NVC, IV Fee shows "Paid", and DS-260 available

07/18/2014: IV Package Scanned

07/19/2014: DS-260 Submitted

07/20/2014: Sent Expedite Request, received no response.

07/29/2014: Sent Second Expedite Request, received email asking for contact numbers, replied, and email sent from NVC to embassy with expedite request.

08/05/2014: Received email: Expedite Request Denied.

09/09/2014: CASE COMPLETE :dancing:

09/10/2014: Interview scheduled

09/11/2014: Received interview letter (no joke, the very next day)

10/10/2014: Medical

10/25/2014: Flying to Dakar to attend interview with my husband (L)

10/30/2014: Interview!!!

i also had a checklist delivered on 16th june and scanned on 20th. Have you called within last few days? i think you should call!

That is encouraging! I do plan to call tonight my time (7am EST) to see if they can tell me anything. If no news at least I can get my actual scan date.

Thanks Amanda! According to your signature, your revised AOS arrived at NVC on June 16th. :star:

Let's say it took them 4 days to scan your document, so your scan date is June 20th. Then, you add 30 business days from June 20th.... and your 30th business day is August 4th (since July 4th was a holiday)! :thumbs:

They may be able to review your document faster since it's a checklist document (instead of a package). Fingers crossed for a CC! :yes:

I think it likely it was scanned the 20th June, as others with mail received on the 16th had theirs scanned on the 20th. Let's hope they do review it within the 30 business days so I can maybe have news early next week at least (I had forgotten to add the public holiday!)

I am slightly freaking out that when I call they will tell me it hasn't been scanned yet. :rofl: I wouldn't even be surprised at this point. Then I think, what if I have a 2nd checklist from something they missed the first time. OMG, this whole process is making me loco!!!

:goofy:

USCIS
18 June 2013 - Sent I-130
21 June 2013 - NOA1

18 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska

6 March 2014 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

NVC
18 March 2014 - Case received

28 April 2014 - DS -261 Available and complete

28 April 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

1 May 2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

2 May 2014 - AOS Package sent

6 May 2014 - DS-260 Completed online

9 May 2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

15 May 2014 - IV Package sent

22 May 2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

6 June 2014 - Received AOS checklist

10 June 2014 - Posted AOS checklist response

20 June 2014 - AOS checklist scanned at NVC

24 June 2014 - False checklist for AOS checklist received (IV package approved)

26 August 2014 - Case complete via supervisor review over the phone, AOS fee changed to "N/A" on CEAC website

10 September 2014 - Interview scheduled

12 September 2014 - Paperwork "In Transit" on CEAC website

Embassy
15 September 2014 - Medical

15 September 2014 - Paperwork arrived at embassy (according to DHL tracking)

19 September 2014 - Paperwork "Ready" on CEAC website
7 October 2014 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!

9 October 2014 - Visa in hand
22 January 2015 - POE LAX

Hi! I just got off the phone with Mel after 40 minutes on hold. He was quite nice. I called to verify my scan dates for the AOS checklist response packets (sent one, realized it was wrong, sent another). It does seem they've been quick with the scans lately (2 business days).

Since my IV packet has yet to be reviewed (June 25 scan), I was given a glimmer of hope by some VJ comments that they might just review both the IV and the checklist responses since they're all sitting there waiting to be reviewed. Well, Mel burst my bubble by saying that they review the packets by scan date, and all three packets aren't necessarily sitting in my folder waiting for whoever grabs my case. Womp womp! I may be the only one nursing that fantasy, but I figured I'd share.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi left.coast.love

I am with you. I also called NVC this morning and asked if they might review my IV with a scan date of June 20th with the AOS checklist that was scanned in July. What a silly question to ask. Of COURSE they will not do that. We have to wait another 30 business days although they are back logged so it might take longer.

I was just lost for words, said thank you and said Goodbye!

2013/9/17 - Mailed I-130

2013/9/20 - Received NOA1

2014/2/26 - Transferred to TSC

2014/3/21 - Received email NOA2

2014/3/21 - I-130 Approved

2014/3/26 - Email received File Received

2014/4/02 - NVC received file

2014/5/1 - Case Number and IIN assigned

2014/5/7 - DS-261 available and completed

2014/5/8 - AOS invoice available and paid

2014/5/9 - AOS showing as paid

2014/5/20 - AOS Package sent

2014/6/3 - AOS Scanned and Under Review

2014/6/9 - IV Fee Invoice available and Paid

2014/6/10 - DS-260 available

2014/6/10 - IV package couriered to NVC

2014/6/10 - IV invoice showing Paid

2014/6/11 - DS-260 submitted

2014/6/16 - IV package delivered to NVC

2014/6/20 - IV package scanned

2014/7/11 - Received Checklist for AOS - one tiny thing!

2014/7/15 - Checklist response couriered to NVC by Lawyers

2014/7/18 - AOS Checklist delivered to NVC

2014/7/22 - AOS Checklist scanned in

2014/8/5 - IV Checklist Received

2014/8/20 - Supervisor reviewed Adoption Certificate Checklist and found it acceptable

2014/8/26 - Couriered Singapore Police Certificate to NVC

2014/8/28 - Package delivered to NVC

2014/8/29 - IV checklist scanned in

2014/9/12 - AOS Checklist accepted

2024/10/27 - called NVC to be advised last scanned document is now September 17th, an email I sent early August and they looked at on September 17th.

2014/9/17 - last scanned date. Waiting for a Case Complete.

2014/10/30 - CASE COMPLETE

2014/11/10 - Interview Scheduled

2014/12/23 - Interview - going to try to move up a week but we will see.

2014/12/2 - interview and APPROVED

2014/12/18 - Smooth and quick POE at LAX then onto JFK by domestic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you're referring to the interview portion waiting to get a visa back, yes. But I'm thinking you mean the long wait times at NVC. And the answer is no. The backlog has been ongoing for a couple months now and it was due to a huge influx of cases from USCIS. NVC is now trying to get through the backlog while still continuing to get cases from USCIS.

Supervisor Ike told me that they were receiving more applications now and that's causing the backlog. :wacko:

However, I just checked your spreadsheet and counted the number of NOA2 per month. Here are the numbers:

March: 59

April: 48

May: 49

June: 33

July: 18 (as of July 30th)

It seems like fewer applicants are entering the NVC stage. :no: This explains why we're getting our case numbers faster now. :yes:

I know your spreadsheet contains a small percentage of applicants so it may not have the most accurate information. -_-

But... What about the backlog due to a huge influx of cases from USCIS that everyone is talking about? :huh2:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Alright, who has contacts at Oracle or Microsoft?? Love how they outed the companies in an attempt to shift the blame.... beautiful.

Maybe some software engineer there goofed and counted 1 + 1 = 2 !!!! :oops:

21-MAR-2014 I-140 + PP sent to USCIS

31-MAR-2014 Petition approved

16-APR-2014 Case shipped to NVC

29-APR-2014 Case received by NVC

23-MAY-2014 Case # assigned

4-JUN-2014 IV Bill invoiced and PAID (AOS Exempt, DS-261 Waived)

6-JUN-2014 DS-260 forms submitted

10-JUN-2014 IV Docs received by NVC

13-JUN-2014 IV Docs matched to case (scanned)

30-JUL-2014 Case Complete, CC email auto-sent one week later

20-AUG-2014 AOS fee changed to N/A (Final clearance for interview scheduling?)

29-AUG-2014 Consular Interview scheduled on Oct 1st. Later rescheduled to Sep 24th. P4 Letter received following business day

14-SEP-2014 CEAC status changed to Ready

15-SEP-2014 Medical results delivered to Embassy by Panel Physician

24-SEP-2014 Consular Interview, went into AP (3rd AP in as many consecutive visa applications)

14-OCT-2014 Visa issued

22-OCT-2014 POE at Dulles Airport, Washington, D.C.

Can anyone tell me what the Facebook pages are that you like for visa info? Links please, I'd like to check them out. The 8 hours a day I spend checking this just doesn't seem obsessive enough. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

USCIS
18 June 2013 - Sent I-130
21 June 2013 - NOA1

18 Dec 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska

6 March 2014 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

NVC
18 March 2014 - Case received

28 April 2014 - DS -261 Available and complete

28 April 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

1 May 2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

2 May 2014 - AOS Package sent

6 May 2014 - DS-260 Completed online

9 May 2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

15 May 2014 - IV Package sent

22 May 2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

6 June 2014 - Received AOS checklist

10 June 2014 - Posted AOS checklist response

20 June 2014 - AOS checklist scanned at NVC

24 June 2014 - False checklist for AOS checklist received (IV package approved)

26 August 2014 - Case complete via supervisor review over the phone, AOS fee changed to "N/A" on CEAC website

10 September 2014 - Interview scheduled

12 September 2014 - Paperwork "In Transit" on CEAC website

Embassy
15 September 2014 - Medical

15 September 2014 - Paperwork arrived at embassy (according to DHL tracking)

19 September 2014 - Paperwork "Ready" on CEAC website
7 October 2014 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!

9 October 2014 - Visa in hand
22 January 2015 - POE LAX

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Can anyone tell me what the Facebook pages are that you like for visa info? Links please, I'd like to check them out. The 8 hours a day I spend checking this just doesn't seem obsessive enough. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmmm... Sniffing dust is not good enough for you anymore... You want to upgrade to the more potent crack!!!

Please reconsider. There will be no turning back from that road!

21-MAR-2014 I-140 + PP sent to USCIS

31-MAR-2014 Petition approved

16-APR-2014 Case shipped to NVC

29-APR-2014 Case received by NVC

23-MAY-2014 Case # assigned

4-JUN-2014 IV Bill invoiced and PAID (AOS Exempt, DS-261 Waived)

6-JUN-2014 DS-260 forms submitted

10-JUN-2014 IV Docs received by NVC

13-JUN-2014 IV Docs matched to case (scanned)

30-JUL-2014 Case Complete, CC email auto-sent one week later

20-AUG-2014 AOS fee changed to N/A (Final clearance for interview scheduling?)

29-AUG-2014 Consular Interview scheduled on Oct 1st. Later rescheduled to Sep 24th. P4 Letter received following business day

14-SEP-2014 CEAC status changed to Ready

15-SEP-2014 Medical results delivered to Embassy by Panel Physician

24-SEP-2014 Consular Interview, went into AP (3rd AP in as many consecutive visa applications)

14-OCT-2014 Visa issued

22-OCT-2014 POE at Dulles Airport, Washington, D.C.

Mention it at the interview.

thanks saylin.. :) should i bring the updated I-864 to the interview as samreen23 says?

What I think is that u should wait till the interview and mention at that time since ur ds260 is already submitted. Or maybe just take the updated I-864 to the interview. But let's see what the experts say :)

thanks samreen23.. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called NVC and found out that they approved my AOS package yesterday! :dance:

Well, I didn't receive a false checklist so it looks like some people receive false checklists while others don't. :no:

I'm now waiting for them to review my IV package and DS-260. :clock: I'll just have to wait until Sept 5th (my 30th business day). :bonk:

I hope I don't get a checklist on my IV package. I reviewed it so many times! Fingers crossed! :thumbs:

Congratulations!!!!! Sooooo happy for you :dancing:

Hopefully we will be as lucky and squeak through checklist free :)

Married: May 19, 2002
NOA1: November 25, 2013
NOA2: May 19, 2014 (anniversary gift!)
NVC received: June 3, 2014
Case # assigned: June 23, 2014
DS-261 complete: July 7, 2014
DS-261 accepted: July 9, 2014
Email received from NVC re: AOS fee: July 8, 2014
AOS fee paid: July 9, 2014
(waited 1 more week for snail mail tax transcript, still hasn't arrived a month after sending request, decided to send I-864 with photocopy instead)

I-864 sent: July 19, 2014 (Decided on Electronic Processing)
I-864 accepted: July 28 & 31 (sent twice because of PDF password thingy)
Sent IV package: August 7, 2014
IV package accepted: August 8, 2014
IV fee invoiced/paid: August 19, 2014
DS-260 completed: August 22, 2014
CASE COMPLETE: September 19, 2014 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:
Medical: November 3, 2014
Interview: November 7, 2014

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

just called to NVC.. the girl is kinda sleepy.. i told her that tomorrow will be our 30 business day since our last package (june 20, 2014).. i asked her if we can get results tomorrow, she said "probably".. hoping for the best.. i wont call tomorrow.. im extending 3 days for their backloged.. she also told me that our AOS has been reviewed and it's fine (that's her term "fine")..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You must be an immigration junkie, Amanda! Wait! Is addict the right PC word for junkie? :rofl:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297983330378608/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1448412012059417/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

You recognize some people on the Facebook groups because they're also on Visa Journey. :content:

I guess lots of us are immigration addicts! :rofl:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question about the IV package... I'm getting it ready now so we can just send it when the fees are available to pay

When it asks for 2 passport photos, do we have to get new, more recent photos taken, or can we use the same ones from USCIS and the I-130 package (I got extras printed up at that time)

It took like 30 tries last time to get one photo where my hubby wasn't making a goofy face, :jest::P:wacko:<_<:D:jest:

just wondering how long the photos are good for and if I can use the same ones

Married: May 19, 2002
NOA1: November 25, 2013
NOA2: May 19, 2014 (anniversary gift!)
NVC received: June 3, 2014
Case # assigned: June 23, 2014
DS-261 complete: July 7, 2014
DS-261 accepted: July 9, 2014
Email received from NVC re: AOS fee: July 8, 2014
AOS fee paid: July 9, 2014
(waited 1 more week for snail mail tax transcript, still hasn't arrived a month after sending request, decided to send I-864 with photocopy instead)

I-864 sent: July 19, 2014 (Decided on Electronic Processing)
I-864 accepted: July 28 & 31 (sent twice because of PDF password thingy)
Sent IV package: August 7, 2014
IV package accepted: August 8, 2014
IV fee invoiced/paid: August 19, 2014
DS-260 completed: August 22, 2014
CASE COMPLETE: September 19, 2014 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:
Medical: November 3, 2014
Interview: November 7, 2014

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.