jordanianprincess

Beauty products you can't live without...

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Natural Shea butter for my face ( no brand )
Ye Shea butter is great. I bought some of the real stuff from this E African lady... worked great but smelled bad :blink:
I love Monoi de Tahiti oil - basically coconut oil blended with Tahitian Gardenia flowers. I've used it for years since growing up in Hawaii. There are different fragrances available - my favorite is the Vanilla. You can use it as a moisturizer(in the winter my skin drinks it up), tanning oil, or hair treatment. It is 100% natural and smells heavenly...

It's hard to find especially on the east coast but this company is selling it online: http://www.monoi.com. I need to buy more soon.

SOunds exotic and fab. I will try it out. I love gardenia.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Surgiwax

Neutrogena hand cream...my hands and feet get horribly dry during the winter.

A question for those ladies with curly hair? My youngest daughter(4) has ringlet curls that frizz horribly pretty much year round. I don't think she'd tolerate the rub/braid/sleep method mentioned before. She in general doesn't tolerate goopy stuff in her hair..it's a fight to get shampoo and conditioner on! I should mention her hair is fairly thin, and that we've tried "frizz-ease" with pretty poor looking results. Her hair is just past her shoulders at this point(would be longer, but her father took it into his head she'd look cute with a 'bob' :ranting: ) and is most often tied back in a variety of ways to keep it out of her face, and defeat the frizzies.

If she's four, the frizz probably looks adorable. :)

Four's a little young for a high-maintenance beauty routine, so I'd recommend shampooing every other day (or going no-poo like in the curlygirl link, but while that's easy, it's really geared towards teens and adults) so her hair isn't totally stripped of natural oils. Comb it only when it's wet.

Then, hmm. If she's the sit-still type.. Divide it into small sections and twist each section into a ringlet shape. Let it airdry. No hair dryer! Fluff it with her fingers. If not the sit-still type... scrunch it with your hands and let it air-dry.

And tell her she's beautiful.. My mother hated dealing with my hair and I honestly had a complex about having ringlets until I was 22.

I have the same problem with my daughter's hair. I keep having to cut it since long length with the curl looks terribly messy. Every morning is a terrible 30 brushing and trying to get it not puff up. I use balsam/conditioner on her hair but still puffy. :angry:

Filed: Timeline

Well my biggest fight used to be with my curly hair. This may sound strange but I have thin curly hair. My end result USED to be thin limpy curls. But after years of trying many products I have finally hit the jack pot with a line called Charles Worthington. This line of hair prducts total rules.

If you want Volume and lots of it, try the mousse by CharlesWorthington the name of the mousse us called BIGHAIR and comes in an orange container.

Also if you want to put some more umpf to your curls add some

* Results curl perfection curl definition sytling cream and the Resuls curl perfection intant curl reviver spray

These three prodcts total rule my hair. My curls just double up and they are bouncy and shinny and super defined and they dont weight my hair down. Even in the humidity and after a light drizzle my hair is still awsome.

To get hair that comes out of a magazine:

If your just looking for up lifting and volume just add some

BIGHAIR mousse to towel dried hair but if you want volume, plus some great defined curls that last and look amazing and make your hair look shinny then after applying a little mousse dab some curl perfection cream on your hands and run through your hair then top it off with a pump or two of the reviver spray and dry your hair with a diffuser . Trust me your hair will be better than Shirly Temples LOL.

Also a tip for great curls with no frizz is to throw your towel dry hair foward and blow dry with a diffuser with medium heat. Also scrunge you hair to help define the shape of the curl with the other hand while blowdrying with the diffuser.

Timeline
Well my biggest fight used to be with my curly hair. This may sound strange but I have thin curly hair. My end result USED to be thin limpy curls. But after years of trying many products I have finally hit the jack pot with a line called Charles Worthington. This line of hair prducts total rules.

If you want Volume and lots of it, try the mousse by CharlesWorthington the name of the mousse us called BIGHAIR and comes in an orange container.

* Results curl perfection curl definition sytling cream and the Resuls curl perfection intant curl reviver spray

These three prodcts total rule my hair. My curls just double up and they are bouncy and shinny and super defined and they dont weight my hair down. Even in the humidity and after a light drizzle my hair is still awsome.

BIGHAIR mousse to towel dried hair but if you want volume, plus some great defined curls that last and look amazing and make your hair look shinny then after applying a little mousse dab some curl perfection cream on your hands and run through your hair then top it off with a pump or two of the reviver spray and dry your hair with a diffuser . Trust me your hair will be better than Shirly Temples LOL.

Also a tip for great curls with no frizz is to throw your towel dry hair foward and blow dry with a diffuser with medium heat. Also scrunge you hair to help define the shape of the curl with the other hand while blowdrying with the diffuser.

Oooook I will remember that for when my daughter is older. What about when you were younger?

I just used to put a little mousse to towel dry hair and scrunged it a bit with my hands and let it dry naturaly. Mom did that and that always did the trick.

Oooook I will remember that for when my daughter is older. What about when you were younger?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok we have something in common, I also have thin curly hair. With certain products you would think that I have a ton of hair when in fact I dont. I have tried a couple Chalres Worthington products and I do love them but I have had issues with their packaging. I love their hairspray but sometimes it shoots out of the can instead of spraying, does that happen to you with the mousse?

I will have to try the mousse. The results products, are those also by Chalres Worthington?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Thingee and Henia: check out naturallycurly.com. It's got a section on kids' hair and what to do.

When I was 10 or 11 I used mousse and it pretty much fried my hair. I'd pretty much, if I were you, stick to things without alcohol. Matrix makes a lightweight creme that works wonderfully that I'm happy with. I'd show you what my hair looks like if I could get the pics to work.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
Thingee and Henia: check out naturallycurly.com. It's got a section on kids' hair and what to do.

When I was 10 or 11 I used mousse and it pretty much fried my hair. I'd pretty much, if I were you, stick to things without alcohol. Matrix makes a lightweight creme that works wonderfully that I'm happy with. I'd show you what my hair looks like if I could get the pics to work.

Yes please I agree!!!! My mom used to chop my hair off when I was younger because she didnt want to deal with it, don't do that!!! Find a way to manage, to this day I still dodge many of childhood pics with short hair. :blush:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Yes the products are all from the Charlesworthington line

the curl products come in green packaging and the volume mousse comes in an orange one.

Instanat curl spray

Curl definition styling cream

BIGHAIR volumizing mousse

I dont have any problems with the packaging. The mousse top is a bit different than the other mousse tops. It desinged to shoot or spray the mousse on your roots, but if you dont like to do that u can just pray it on your hand and apply.

Ok we have something in common, I also have thin curly hair. With certain products you would think that I have a ton of hair when in fact I dont. I have tried a couple Chalres Worthington products and I do love them but I have had issues with their packaging. I love their hairspray but sometimes it shoots out of the can instead of spraying, does that happen to you with the mousse?

I will have to try the mousse. The results products, are those also by Chalres Worthington?

I guess it just depends what product you use. I used mousse since i was little because of my kinky head curls and my hair was never damaged. I suppose you just have to pick prodcuts that dont contain lots of alchol like Caldadan has suggested. I will try and ask my mom brand she shoved on my head if she remebers I will let you know.

Does any one here ever use the biosilk therapy every once in a while does that work ?

I forgot to mention if you have thin curly hair like me you must have drama with the tangles! For this i use Fuller thicker hair weightless conditioner by celluplex. I just apply a bit of this in the shower and comb out the tangles with a pick comb and voila! This makes all the kinks and knots untagle really nice I always find it available at the store ULTA.

Timeline

I guess it just depends what product you use. I used mousse since i was little because of my kinky head curls and my hair was never damaged. I suppose you just have to pick prodcuts that dont contain lots of alchol like Caldadan has suggested. I will try and ask my mom brand she shoved on my head if she remebers I will let you know.

Does any one here ever use the biosilk therapy every once in a while does that work ?

I have used biosilk many times, it doesn't really impress me all that much which I guess is why I don't use it regularly. I don't really have alot of frizz if I don't touch my curls when they dry. That is really the key, don't touch your hair at all until its fully dry.

One thing I have started using recently which is what my sister-in-law uses on my niece who is 5, is Biolage Curling Creme. It has been working well for me. I have weird curls, sometimes they are super tight and other times they are loose. I can't really figure it out. I have been trying to take a vacation from the blow dryer and other tools but I think I will need to start looking for a diffuser again. I can't seem to find one that will attach to my blow dryer which I refuse to change, lol.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

I forgot to mention if you have thin curly hair like me you must have drama with the tangles! For this i use Fuller thicker hair weightless conditioner by celluplex. I just apply a bit of this in the shower and comb out the tangles with a pick comb and voila! This makes all the kinks and knots untagle really nice I always find it available at the store ULTA.

I will have to try that, I do get the tangles bad!!! I always comb my curls in the shower with condition, I find its the best technique with the least amount of damage. I am currently using Fresh Curls shampoo and conditioner by Redken, and I don't reccomend it. Once this bottle is done, I will be trying something else. What kind of shampoo do you use?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When dry my little girls hair is about shoulder length..when wet about mid back? I really truly appreciate all the tips...my younger sister had very tight curls when she was younger, our Mom chopped it short until sis was old enough to object...and yes, she dodges those pics.

Had an interesting happening this morning during our getting ready for school routine. My 8 year old has perfectly straight hair, it's almost waist length, thicker than mine *grumble* and platinum blonde. Lauren(8) announced she wants her hair to curl like Samanthas(4). Samantha later announced she wanted her hair to look like Lauren's. Told them both I'm not introducing any sort of high maintenance hair styles until they're old enough to get up early and do it themselves.

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.