jordanianprincess

Beauty products you can't live without...

178 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I love Monoi de Tahiti oil - basically coconut oil blended with Tahitian Gardenia flowers. I've used it for years since growing up in Hawaii. There are different fragrances available - my favorite is the Vanilla. You can use it as a moisturizer(in the winter my skin drinks it up), tanning oil, or hair treatment. It is 100% natural and smells heavenly...

It's hard to find especially on the east coast but this company is selling it online: http://www.monoi.com. I need to buy more soon.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I love Monoi de Tahiti oil - basically coconut oil blended with Tahitian Gardenia flowers. I've used it for years since growing up in Hawaii. There are different fragrances available - my favorite is the Vanilla. You can use it as a moisturizer(in the winter my skin drinks it up), tanning oil, or hair treatment. It is 100% natural and smells heavenly...

It's hard to find especially on the east coast but this company is selling it online: http://www.monoi.com. I need to buy more soon.

it sounds dreamy...thanks for the link

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Caladan....... :thumbs: THANK YOU! (F):luv:

So I tried the olive oil/lavender oil thing in my hair last night. Not only does my hair look great today but I think I got the best night of sleep ever! I didn't realize it until this morning, after rubbing my hair and scalp with the oil mix it just knocked me out. I was so tired and slept like a baby. It was the lavender oil which has soothing/calming qualities in it. It was just awesome. This treatment gets :star::star::star::star::star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Great! :)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

it sounds dreamy...thanks for the link

Enjoy...whenever I smell it I feel like I am back in Hawaii... :)(L)

No one better try and take any of my Arbonne products away from me. :) That includes not only the skin care, but the makeup too.

:thumbs: Arbonne is some good stuff. Love the skin care.

Glad to hear that you like it, too! :D

Actually sold it for awhile back about hmmmm six or seven years ago. There were very few consultants in the area. My mother does it just to get the discount for herself and lil ol' me. :lol:

Cool!!!

I'm a consultant now - I really enjoy doing it! :) I've got all my family & friends tuned into Arbonne.

SA4userbar.jpg

I can't live without my Clinique glossware lip gloss! I love the stuff. I normally get it on duty free when I fly because I can get purse size of five colors. It looks lovely on and it doesn't dry out my lips like lipsticks do.

I have very sensitive skin...I've done the Bare minerals and I like it, but honestly the best for my skin is Clinique.

I also can't live without my oil of olay day wear SPF 15 moisturizer. It is the only thing I've been able to stick with for a while!

I LOVE burts bee's chap stick. It is made in North Carolina too!

Yes i love that stuff too!! :thumbs: Hubby even has a tube in his coat, as he works outside.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I love going into Sephora but don't buy a lot there as it's pricey. But it's fun just going in once in awhile and trying on different make up.

AFCECF29.jpgAt Christmas time I got a roll-on eau de parfum there by Stella McCartney for $10 and I LOVE it. It's light smelling and the roll-on is great. Usually perfumes give me a headache and I hate most of them. But I am happy I found a perfume that doesn't make me feel sick.

Also I love the Eau Des 4 Reines (four roses scent) scent from L'Occitane, which is also very light and doesn't make me sick. I get the $15 eau de toilette and it lasts me awhile.

I don't use much MAC anymore because I don't like how the eyeshadows pigment is not really as bright as it looks in the dish. I have been disappointed by many colors that look bright and as soon as you apply it, it looks gray. My favorite eyeshadow these days is an Urban Decay set I got at Sephora over a year ago as a bday present from Sujeet (of course I had to pick it out :P ).

207.jpg

But even though I love make up, and brands that I can't really afford, I don't wear a lot of makeup usually and my eye shadows last for years. So I don't need any new make up for awhile.

I also love burt's bees chap stick and wear it every day.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Surgiwax

Neutrogena hand cream...my hands and feet get horribly dry during the winter.

A question for those ladies with curly hair? My youngest daughter(4) has ringlet curls that frizz horribly pretty much year round. I don't think she'd tolerate the rub/braid/sleep method mentioned before. She in general doesn't tolerate goopy stuff in her hair..it's a fight to get shampoo and conditioner on! I should mention her hair is fairly thin, and that we've tried "frizz-ease" with pretty poor looking results. Her hair is just past her shoulders at this point(would be longer, but her father took it into his head she'd look cute with a 'bob' :ranting: ) and is most often tied back in a variety of ways to keep it out of her face, and defeat the frizzies.

If she's four, the frizz probably looks adorable. :)

Four's a little young for a high-maintenance beauty routine, so I'd recommend shampooing every other day (or going no-poo like in the curlygirl link, but while that's easy, it's really geared towards teens and adults) so her hair isn't totally stripped of natural oils. Comb it only when it's wet.

Then, hmm. If she's the sit-still type.. Divide it into small sections and twist each section into a ringlet shape. Let it airdry. No hair dryer! Fluff it with her fingers. If not the sit-still type... scrunch it with your hands and let it air-dry.

And tell her she's beautiful.. My mother hated dealing with my hair and I honestly had a complex about having ringlets until I was 22.

Her frizz IS adorable...looks like a little halo when the light hits it just so. As I said, I generally pull it back into a pony tail, then dampen it just the slightest bit, it's still a bit frizzy, but she has a little poof of curls at the back of her head. She can sit still a maximum of about 3 minutes for hair stuff..and only if she's holding a brush and can see herself in the mirror.

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Timeline
I love going into Sephora but don't buy a lot there as it's pricey. But it's fun just going in once in awhile and trying on different make up.

AFCECF29.jpgAt Christmas time I got a roll-on eau de parfum there by Stella McCartney for $10 and I LOVE it. It's light smelling and the roll-on is great. Usually perfumes give me a headache and I hate most of them. But I am happy I found a perfume that doesn't make me feel sick.

Also I love the Eau Des 4 Reines (four roses scent) scent from L'Occitane, which is also very light and doesn't make me sick. I get the $15 eau de toilette and it lasts me awhile.

I don't use much MAC anymore because I don't like how the eyeshadows pigment is not really as bright as it looks in the dish. I have been disappointed by many colors that look bright and as soon as you apply it, it looks gray. My favorite eyeshadow these days is an Urban Decay set I got at Sephora over a year ago as a bday present from Sujeet (of course I had to pick it out :P ).

207.jpg

But even though I love make up, and brands that I can't really afford, I don't wear a lot of makeup usually and my eye shadows last for years. So I don't need any new make up for awhile.

I also love burt's bees chap stick and wear it every day.

You are the first person that has said that to about MAC, well the first person I have heard say it. The reason I do buy MAC is because I think they have really great pigmint, a little goes a longggggg way. I have found that certain browns do look grey on me, it took some time til I found the right brown at MAC. My favorite brown is Mulch, its a shimmery brown and I use it with a cream based color called Naked Lunch. Its one of my favorite combos.

However if you are shopping for MAC, what I find is the best thing to do is to make an appointment to have your make up done with them. In our area they make you buy a $50 giftcard in order to get your make up done and then you can buy the products you like with the card which is usually not a problem for me since I drop about $100 everytime I stop by.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Oh, that reminds me of bath products. I use Brown Sugar Body Polish almost every day, and I never ever need moisturizer for my body because it is SO smooth and silky from this stuff. I think I would die without it, and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

Where do you buy the body polish? What brand is it? I have one that I use occasionaly but I'm not really impressed with it.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Oh, that reminds me of bath products. I use Brown Sugar Body Polish almost every day, and I never ever need moisturizer for my body because it is SO smooth and silky from this stuff. I think I would die without it, and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

Where do you buy the body polish? What brand is it? I have one that I use occasionaly but I'm not really impressed with it.

There's a few aromatherapy sugar scrubs on Bath & Body Works and they leave the skin pretty soft! And the best part is that you can try them on the store, they have a sink with testers :P I have a hand scrub from their spa line and it's just divine, it leaves my hands like baby skin :D

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Timeline

There's a few aromatherapy sugar scrubs on Bath & Body Works and they leave the skin pretty soft! And the best part is that you can try them on the store, they have a sink with testers :P I have a hand scrub from their spa line and it's just divine.

I will have to check that out. I have made my own homemade scrubs and they work good too. One of my faves is Dead Sea salt with baby oil. Has anyone ever made their own homemade scrubs?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

One time I did one with honey, sugar and oats for my face and was a bit sticky but good!

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Rose water

Cotton Balls

Sally Hansen Pretty Hands and Feet

Nivea creme (in the blue tub)

Channel Brown Sugar (which they donnot even make anymore) and Coco Red Rouge

Chamilla hand creme

Korres Sage and Nettle hair rinse

Jason Sea Fresh toothpaste

my homemade sugar wax

schwarzkopf vitalizing shampoo for oily hair

witch hazel

vitamin e caps

tweezwers

:thumbs: I also use rose water/cotton balls to clean my face! :thumbs: I think our beauty regimes have alot in common because I also make my own wax :thumbs:

Caladan - Got the oil in my hair! :dance:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Ye gotta love those old world natural remedies