Sunnymrut

interview and docs

27 posts in this topic

Thanks guys!

So in most cases (except the police records, which already has an expiration date, so in any case for future needs I must request a new copy), I don't need bother to request certified copies of the documents. Good news!

Our copies were all certified that we took with - but I can't remember if we had to or if we were just being extra cautious.

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

In this page http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html they say:

The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit original documents or certified copies of the documents listed below from an appropriate office, authority, or issuing entity in your country. You will also need to bring a photocopy of each document.

So, if I don't understand it wrong, it looks like certified copies may be substitutes for original documents, while what you leave at the consulate are simple photocopies.

Is this interpretation correct?

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Bring originals and copies. They keep the copies and give you back the originals, except (at least for us) the police certificates, where they said they needed to keep the originals.

If they can see the original, does the copy still need to be certified? Oops I see you already answered this above.

Edited by guestgulkan

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Have all three. People on similar situations have reported being asked to show:

- highest degree only

- high school diploma only

- all three certificates

This seems to vary even between COs at the same consulate! So to be on the safe side I would suggest taking all of them.

These COs are not well informed and trained. A Master Degree is obviously far more superior than a Secondary school. I cannot believe one could be put on AP for this...

I think if the CO does not like a Selectee, he/she will try to find anything valid to get you to AP. Lack of Professionalism.

We all Live in a Yellow Submarine...

These COs are not well informed and trained. A Master Degree is obviously far more superior than a Secondary school. I cannot believe one could be put on AP for this...

I think if the CO does not like a Selectee, he/she will try to find anything valid to get you to AP. Lack of Professionalism.

The technical requirement is a high school diploma; people can and do get masters degrees without one (though obviously less common). Depends how strict they are being about following the letter of the rules.

I do disagree with what you say about the CO "liking" a selectee or not. That really is not my impression of how they work. But some are exceptionally strict in applying the rules and others less so.

Timeline

The technical requirement is a high school diploma; people can and do get masters degrees without one (though obviously less common). Depends how strict they are being about following the letter of the rules.

I do disagree with what you say about the CO "liking" a selectee or not. That really is not my impression of how they work. But some are exceptionally strict in applying the rules and others less so.

The in DS-260 they do ask about your highest education and at which institute it was obtained. Therefore they should and must stick to the highest education (period)

BTW, COs are not Saints. I'm in Love with the Word Professionalism but how many Professionals are really Professional...

The in DS-260 they do ask about your highest education and at which institute it was obtained. Therefore they should and must stick to the highest education (period)

BTW, COs are not Saints. I'm in Love with the Word Professionalism but how many Professionals are really Professional...

I've been through the interviews already, remember?

And they ask lots of things in the DS that have little bearing at the end of the day. And are you forgetting they also ask you to list all educational institutions you attended? Why would they bother with that if they only cared about your highest?

I am starting to wonder about your interview, you posting things like needing to show you are "in command" at the interview and what they "must" stick to... You seem to forget that, as much as they want to issue DVs, visas are a privilege and not a right. I suggest you take a deep breath and remember that when it's time for your interview or you might find yourself with a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Filed: Timeline

HI, does it matter when to submit DS260 form? I know that interview appointment date depends on "case number" but I thought if there is any other factors (for example submitting date) which makes sense on interview schedule date.

Is it OK if I will submit DS260 form one month before my "case number" will be drawn up?

Does anyone has asked this question to Consular center or know exact answer on this question?

HI, does it matter when to submit DS260 form? I know that interview appointment date depends on "case number" but I thought if there is any other factors (for example submitting date) which makes sense on interview schedule date.

Is it OK if I will submit DS260 form one month before my "case number" will be drawn up?

Does anyone has asked this question to Consular center or know exact answer on this question?

It's not enough time, that will delay your interview. They schedule the interview around 2 months in advance, and people are notified 6-8 weeks before interview. Plus, it takes them 1-2 months (depending how busy they are at the time) to process the forms which they must do before an interview is scheduled. So you should submit three, to be safe four, months before your expected interview date. If they only get through your forms after "your" month has already been scheduled and notified, they won't add you in to that month but will schedule you for the next available round. Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline

It's not enough time, that will delay your interview. They schedule the interview around 2 months in advance, and people are notified 6-8 weeks before interview. Plus, it takes them 1-2 months (depending how busy they are at the time) to process the forms which they must do before an interview is scheduled. So you should submit three, to be safe four, months before your expected interview date. If they only get through your forms after "your" month has already been scheduled and notified, they won't add you in to that month but will schedule you for the next available round.

Thank you very much

Timeline

I am starting to wonder about your interview, you posting things like needing to show you are "in command" at the interview and what they "must" stick to... You seem to forget that, as much as they want to issue DVs, visas are a privilege and not a right. I suggest you take a deep breath and remember that when it's time for your interview or you might find yourself with a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Well, my interview will be either Jon Stewart-Style or Samantha Bee-Style :) and if asked about religion then Bill Maher will intervene :)

Too bad cameras are not allowed. I'd wanna share this one...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.