GlowMe90

Are Philippine Filers still getting expedited?

80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The slots did open up and there are plenty of threads that shows that.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498666-manila-embassy-appointment-issues/page-1

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498903-please-udpate-us-for-any-interview-slot-opening/page-1

Now based on what happen for the opening of july dates I would say that on June 30th in usa at 9pm or 10pm they might open dates for August. Not a guarantee but based on what happen last month and how I got a appointment for my fiancée.

Now about when you filed in November which is when the typhoon hit and im assuming you filed before the typhoon. When they made the decision to expedite the petition it started from the date on so im guessing that was after you filed so that's why your petition wasn't expedited.

I hope you get your NOA2 soon...Good Luck

Oh, we've had our NOA2 since April. Getting an interview, however, through the dashboard, we constantly get the message "No slots are available" and we check the site a dozen times a day.

Timeline

Pardon me, the exact wording is "There are currently no appointments available."

It's almost as bad as waiting for the NOA2. I'm not sure how to "automate checking the dashboard" but would love to learn.

Thanks,

James

Timeline

USEM is very backed up. We had our interview on June 18 and it was crazy how many people are there for some kind of visa related issue. It is a very frustrating process. I think the interview appointment scheduling is far more stressful than the actual interview...

I suggest that you "automate" the monitoring the dashboard using something that can watch for changes, such as Check4Change in Firefox. We were very lucky to get notified of a slot that opened up within a few hours of monitoring.

Thanks for the idea. I tried doing that by installing Check4Change in Firefox. After a while a message appeared from the Dashboard saying that I had exhausted the number of times I could check for appointments within a 24 hour period and they would reset it the next day. Oh well. Their servers must really be burning up right now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear that .from what i have read in some threads once the NVC received your package you will need to call them as often as you can for you to get the case number,..,

Yes, we did that too..We also sent emails to the inquiry unit and they told us to send the scanned copy of our NOA2 which we did too..and until now, it has been a month and we haven't got any reply from them...I think the packet has been misplaced somewhere and they couldn't find it until now..I just feel sad every time I see May filers (NVC stage) that NVC already issued case number but not to our case..also wondering how they do that?what are the basis of issuing a case number,,the fact that my case has been approved last April 10..I understand if the issuance is based on the approval date but they have been issuing case number for May and I think June also..I also have a friend that is waiting for her case number for more than 3 months already...

Thanks for the idea. I tried doing that by installing Check4Change in Firefox. After a while a message appeared from the Dashboard saying that I had exhausted the number of times I could check for appointments within a 24 hour period and they would reset it the next day. Oh well. Their servers must really be burning up right now.

You aren't refreshing the correct page.

Only set-up check4change to refresh your main dashboard page. Choose select all to highlight all text on the page, right

click any highlighted word and then choose check4change on the pop-up menu. I would then choose Custom and set up a

refresh of every 4 seconds.

When an available date pops up on the lower left and side of the page the check4change alarm will sound "Changes" song.

Then choose "Continue" at the top and as quick as you can get a date...

I think I have it right...

Good luck!

Timeline

You aren't refreshing the correct page.

Only set-up check4change to refresh your main dashboard page. Choose select all to highlight all text on the page, right

click any highlighted word and then choose check4change on the pop-up menu. I would then choose Custom and set up a

refresh of every 4 seconds.

When an available date pops up on the lower left and side of the page the check4change alarm will sound "Changes" song.

Then choose "Continue" at the top and as quick as you can get a date...

I think I have it right...

Good luck!

Thanks you very much for the help. I was able to highlight all the text on the page, but stumbled on the "right click on any highlighted word"; however, when I right clicked after highlighting all text on the page, I was able to choose check4change and choose custom menu and choose refresh every 4 seconds. I hope that works. Thanks again. I don't know why I couldn't do step two on your list of actions.

Regards,

James

Timeline

I am also a June Filer :) let's keep our faith and hoping our cases are expedited too.

We've done everyting since June 5th including Check for Change; checked 12 times a day; timed out for checking too much; written our US Senator; called the US Embassy; and still get the message, "No appointments are available at this time."

We are resigned to continuing to do what we do and just praying. we see where people who originally filed their I-129F in March 2014 getting to the US by the middle of June, yet we applied on November 1, 2013 with no RFE's or anything wrong and we just get the same notorious message.

I am very depressed but I take my depression and put into my work which is a tax CPA. Believe me, they may not know it, but they are paying for this. Ha!

Sincerely,

James

We've done everyting since June 5th including Check for Change; checked 12 times a day; timed out for checking too much; written our US Senator; called the US Embassy; and still get the message, "No appointments are available at this time."

We are resigned to continuing to do what we do and just praying. we see where people who originally filed their I-129F in March 2014 getting to the US by the middle of June, yet we applied on November 1, 2013 with no RFE's or anything wrong and we just get the same notorious message.

I am very depressed but I take my depression and put into my work which is a tax CPA. Believe me, they may not know it, but they are paying for this. Ha!

Sincerely,

James

If you are using Check4change to find an appointment, and you are getting timed out for checking too many times...then you are refreshing the wrong page, and you are not using Check4change correctly.

Only use Check4change on your main dashboard page, when an appointment becomes available the Check4change alarm song will come on. You can't just check 12 times a day, you have to keep the computer by your bed when you sleep and be ready when the alarm goes off. You have to keep check for change running all the time and be persistent. I know it's a lot of work, but it's the only way. You must have missed all the August dates that were just released recently. My understanding is that the whole month of August was just released for interviews.

Timeline

If you are using Check4change to find an appointment, and you are getting timed out for checking too many times...then you are refreshing the wrong page, and you are not using Check4change correctly.

Only use Check4change on your main dashboard page, when an appointment becomes available the Check4change alarm song will come on. You can't just check 12 times a day, you have to keep the computer by your bed when you sleep and be ready when the alarm goes off. You have to keep check for change running all the time and be persistent. I know it's a lot of work, but it's the only way. You must have missed all the August dates that were just released recently. My understanding is that the whole month of August was just released for interviews.

No, after we got timed out and figured out check for change, we did what was suggested and only used check for change on the dashboard. for 7 days straight. Result = No changes.

Timeline

That's encouraging. Now, apparently all the August slots are filled. Years ago, Pinays could quite easily log in and find slots available months in advance for their K-1 interviews. I don't know what has happened since then. I know many of them that live around here. Something doesn't smell right about this whole process where we have to wait beside a computer 24/7 for it to sound an alarm for a possible slot to come open for a K visa interview and people who have waited for 3 months get priority over those who have waited for 8. Oh well, I've seen worse abuses in the tax law. This will be my last post as nothing encouraging seems to come out of this site. Bon voyage!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's encouraging. Now, apparently all the August slots are filled. Years ago, Pinays could quite easily log in and find slots available months in advance for their K-1 interviews. I don't know what has happened since then. I know many of them that live around here. Something doesn't smell right about this whole process where we have to wait beside a computer 24/7 for it to sound an alarm for a possible slot to come open for a K visa interview and people who have waited for 3 months get priority over those who have waited for 8. Oh well, I've seen worse abuses in the tax law. This will be my last post as nothing encouraging seems to come out of this site. Bon voyage!

It's because of the expedites, suddenly everyone and their brother is finding "true love" with a UCS and clogging the system.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

NVC Expedited Approved !!! Now heading @ Tokyo Embassy :)

USCIS :

IR-1/IR-2 Visa
Service Center :
California Service Center
Consulate : Tokyo, Japan
Marriage : 2005-12-02
I-130 Sent : 2014-04-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-04-29
I-130 RFE : None
I-130 RFE Sent : None
I-130 Approved : 2014-05-13
NVC :
NVC Received : 2014-06-06
Case Number Received : 2014-19-06

DS-261 Sent : 2014-21-06

AOS Bill Generated : 2014-06-25

AOS Bill Paid Online : 2014-06-25

Expedite Approved July 7, 2014

NVC Left July 8, 2014

I new here but being an engineer tend to overanalyze things at times. Pulling the last 250 NOA2 acceptance dates for only filers with Philippine beneficiaries you get an interesting picture which says they are still expediting most Philippine filers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on mine that I just sent yesterday. The table below is average time between NOA1 and NOA2. There are NOA1 dates as recent as June 18.

Philippines Average of NOA1 --> NOA2

Average 46.8

California 44.2

Texas 40.7

Edited by Mike&Lin

Michael S. Richardson, TX

09 July 2014: I-129F Sent USPS Express Mail

10 July 2014: I-129F USPS Delivery Confirmation

15 July 2014: I-129F NOA1, Alien Registration Number Changed

06 Aug 2014: I-129F Petition Approved!!!! Totally freaking unexpected, but one hell of a birthday present for ME!!!!!!!

08 Aug 2014: I-129F USCIS NOA2 Hardcopy received

11 Aug 2014: I-129F Notice that petition has been shipped to the Department of State

20 Aug 2014: SGP Case number assigned at NVC

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - In Transit

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - Ready

03 Sep 2014: Packet 3 Received

25 Nov 2014: Hong Kong finally sent the CNCC to the US Embassy in Singapore

28 Nov 2014: Mailed packet 3 checklist back to Embassy

01 Dec 2014: Checklist received by Embassy

03 Dec 2014: My fiancee completed her medical and vaccinations

05 Dec 2014: Packet 4 Received

23 Dec 2014: Interview, received request for additional documentation (Singapore Marriage Registry doc)

05 Jan 2015: VISA ISSUED!!!!!

06 Jan 2015: Visa Recieved

23 Feb 2015: POE Honolulu!!!!

11 Mar 2015: Wedding Day!!!!

16 Mar 2015: Applied for Social Security Card in married name

AOS

17 Mar 2015: Mailed (Express mail) AOS, EAD and AP package

18 Mar 2015: USPS delivery notification for AOS package

09 Apr 2015: Received e-notice of RFE

16 Apr 2015: Received mailed RFE letter (needed employment/income verification)

18 Apr 2015: Received Biometrics appt letter, scheduled for 28 Apr

20 Apr 2015: RFE response delivered

22 Apr 2015: Status changed to RFE Response received (decision or case update by June 21)

11 May 2015: EAD/AP Approval, Card being produced notification

15 May 2015: EAD/AP Card was mailed

16 May 2015: EAD/AP card delivered

25 May 2015: EAD/AP card in hand

22 June 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver issued

02 Sep 2015: Notice of RFE 2 mailed

25 Sep 2015: Text/Email notice of approval, status update online

02 Oct 2015: Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

27 Jun 2017: Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I new here but being an engineer tend to overanalyze things at times. Pulling the last 250 NOA2 acceptance dates for only filers with Philippine beneficiaries you get an interesting picture which says they are still expediting most Philippine filers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on mine that I just sent yesterday. The table below is average time between NOA1 and NOA2. There are NOA1 dates as recent as June 18.

Philippines Average of NOA1 --> NOA2

Average 46.8

California 44.2

Texas 40.7

Welcome to VJ. I have to agree it is safe to say that most are still being expedited. They may be narrowing the field a bit based on actual storm affected areas rather than the entire country (with some exceptions) now however. Due to the urgency of the situation, I believe they just rubber stamped all or most (~95%) Philippine petitions initially because time was crucial in getting those most directly affected handled properly. Many benefited from this that had no impact on their lives whatsoever from the storm (their words) but hey, lucky them :). It would be like people living in Dallas receiving emergency aid for Katrina...but now they are narrowing it down to the coast of Louisiana.

Some people have said that the service centers are saying no to expedites now. I personally feel it is easier to say no than to try and explain why they are to those who would question it. We all know that everything they say from TSC and CSC is accurate right? Haha...um..no. So, to answer the original OP...yes, I think they are.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.