Happy in love

Open Interview dates in Manila embassy tracking

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your posting about the 21st of July showing up is the latest interview date I have seen... not sure they have released all of July yet. And for sure there is no way of knowing.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Such an inefficient way to obtain appointments for all benificiaries. If only we can bring this up to the embassy and let them know what's going on...that the appointment system is frustrating alot of us just to get these appointments. Did they even put out a notice that Yolanda expedites will be processed first? If only I was an IT, I'd set it up where cancelled slots should be collected and held until there is a fair amount to choose from and released on a certain day and prioritized by when each application was put in...just to give everybody a fair chance at obtaining an appointment. Just wish somebody over there would do something about this without glazing over negative feedback and giving us lame excuses...ugh!

How was it before Yolanda hit the PI? Was it more easier?

I heard from my uncle that it was much easier before the Yolanda expedites - he and his fiance got their interview scheduled on the phone in 2011 just over a week after they got their MNL case number...

They released the July 22 slot last night at around 8:33pm Pacific... never could have gotten that slot if I was not notified by Auto Refresh Plus on Google Chrome... I imagine how furstrating it is waiting for those slots, as I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks myself, and it was only two weeks since I installed that page monitor on Google... Imagine those who don't visit this forum waiting for open slots...

K1 Timeline:

02/28/2014 - I-129F Submitted
04/08/2014 - I-129F NOA2 Received

07/03/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 1 (Result: Sputum Culture)

09/18/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 2 (Result: Passed)

10/14/2014 - K1 Visa Interview (Result: Approved)

10/23/2014 - K1 Visa Issued

11/09/2014 - Entered USA (POE: Los Angeles)

01/02/2015 - Wedding Day

AOS Timeline:

03/02/2015 - I-485 Submitted (with I-765 & I-131)

03/13/2015 - I-485 NOA Received (with NOA for I-765 & I-131)

03/30/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

05/12/2015 - I-785 & I-131 Approved

05/20/2015 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

06/10/2015 - AOS Interview (Result: Approved)

06/18/2015 - Conditional Green Card Received

ROC Timeline:

05/15/2017 - I-751 Submitted 
05/26/2017 - I-751 NOA Received 
06/13/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

07/18/2017 - Extension NOA Received (twelve month extension)
03/05/2018 - I-751 Received by Local Office
04/20/2018 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on Passport, six-month extension)

06/18/2018 - Extension NOA Received (eighteen month extension)

10/29/2019 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on new Passport)

11/06/2019 - I-751 Approved

11/14/2019 - Permanent Green Card Received

Timeline

Such an inefficient way to obtain appointments for all benificiaries. If only we can bring this up to the embassy and let them know what's going on...that the appointment system is frustrating alot of us just to get these appointments. Did they even put out a notice that Yolanda expedites will be processed first? If only I was an IT, I'd set it up where cancelled slots should be collected and held until there is a fair amount to choose from and released on a certain day and prioritized by when each application was put in...just to give everybody a fair chance at obtaining an appointment. Just wish somebody over there would do something about this without glazing over negative feedback and giving us lame excuses...ugh!

How was it before Yolanda hit the PI? Was it more easier?

Do you actually think the embassy doesn't know about the appointment issue?

By definition Yolanda expedites are process first:

ex·pe·dite
ˈekspəˌdīt/
verb
  1. make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
    "he promised to expedite economic reforms"
    synonyms: speed up, accelerate, hurry, hasten, step up, quicken, precipitate,dispatch; More

Before the expedite issues most times multiple months of openings would be available. Until all the Yolanda expedites are processed they rest just need to be patient... ya it sucks... but trying waiting with no roof over your head.

typhoon-yolanda-leyte-epa-20131115-001.j

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Do you actually think the embassy doesn't know about the appointment issue?

By definition Yolanda expedites are process first:

ex·pe·dite
ˈekspəˌdīt/
verb
  1. make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
    "he promised to expedite economic reforms"
    synonyms: speed up, accelerate, hurry, hasten, step up, quicken, precipitate,dispatch; More

Before the expedite issues most times multiple months of openings would be available. Until all the Yolanda expedites are processed they rest just need to be patient... ya it sucks... but trying waiting with no roof over your head.

@Hank_: Oops sorry...didn't mean to sound selfish or self-centered...totally agree that anybody who's been devastasted by natural disasters deserves first priority. Shouldn't be complaining right? Well, we don't live in a perfect world thats for sure, but I'm just wishing while the expedites are beinig handled first, maybe, just maybe someone could improve the current system just in case situations like this come up again. Isn't that what after-action reports are for and to apply "lessons learned" so that ideas can be used to make it better? I don't know...I guess I can't expect too much from the US Govt...especially in this economy. Got a wait until next FY15 for more money until something will improve. If it ever will. Until then, I'll just fill out my feedback form, email whoever I need to email and deal with what we've got for now.

Timeline

You actually rode the expedite train... so smile your petition was approved in less than two months. Normally it take 5-6 months for the petition to be approved. And if you do some reading you will fine that many from other countries are being pushed to the back of the line at USCIS to let those from the Philippines move to the front of the line.

Under normal circumstances you wouldn't be at the embassy stage of this process for a couple more months to even complain about the appointment issues.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Oh believe me, Im smiling and THANKFUL especially for this website and all the wonderful contributers such as yourself. I read and read and read to make sure our package was good to go. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even anticipating my fiancee to even be here until Dec 14, so yes, I am fully aware of normal, average timelines regarding K1 Visas in the PI. Not complaining at all, just wanted to add my take on PI or Process Improvement...is all.

for some reason, im still having issues with seeing the date on the dashboard, but getting o the calender page and there not being any dates. just for fun, i clicked on the returning resident priorty category, and what do ya know, the dashboard is showing me the dates available for returning residents. wondering if im the only one having this issue? planning on emailing the embassy to see what their take is on it. were ready to rock and roll now, heading to manila on the 8th to get the medical done, and praying that there is an open interview spot that shows up on or after the 13th.

for some reason, im still having issues with seeing the date on the dashboard, but getting o the calender page and there not being any dates. just for fun, i clicked on the returning resident priorty category, and what do ya know, the dashboard is showing me the dates available for returning residents. wondering if im the only one having this issue? planning on emailing the embassy to see what their take is on it. were ready to rock and roll now, heading to manila on the 8th to get the medical done, and praying that there is an open interview spot that shows up on or after the 13th.

Good luck, some have been waiting for months to get appointments. I would not make any plans till you have locked in an appointment!!!

Including a few questions and suggestions people had from previous posts.

• Best bet for an early date is if there is a cancellation. That will open a slot but grab it fast because it will not last long
  • If you can stay logged on just hit refresh every so often and watch the left side of the dashboard for a date to appear... if an opening becomes available. Don't bother with clicking on schedule an appointment until something shows up on the left side of the dashboard.
  • Right now many are waiting for the embassy to release dates. That random times the Embassy will open dates might just be a few or hopefully lots of dates soon. There does not seem to be a pattern
  • With the Yolanda expedites in the mix there is no "normal" right now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.