Ilovemyman

Discrimination on ap that's all

108 posts in this topic

The OP is saying the process may be unfair. They are not saying they dont like our country.

I love the USA, but I cant stand some of its laws and especially bureaucracy. That does not mean I should leave it!

Having a strong border with reasonable screening is a good thing...having an opaque immigration process with ridiculous rechecks and foot dragging is something else....

I dont know that AP is discrimination....but it is cry disruptive to the life of both the potential immigrant and their US family members...we at least deserve an explanation of why our case is taking so long......

Exactilly, I agree with you.

They should tell to people why they are in ap.

In my case my interview was good, everything was ok.

They took my passport but no visa yet.

The worst is that they dont say why.

I dont have police problem, or drug, nothing.

But they put me in ap and dont say why.

There have been, and they have always sided with the government. Look up "consular non-reviewability" as Orwellian as that sounds.

What I get hits on, are cases where the nonreviewability has been challenged. Which in my view is a good thing. I don't particularly like that we can't know what is going on either. But what I'm not seeing is the claims or proof of this conspiracy to keep people out based on race. Rather I think this is more a case of the system working very poorly and congress doing absolutely nothing to make laws to correct many of these problems. I would surmise the calls for change because the system is racist will go nowhere, because there really isn't evidence to back this up. Calls to change the system because it is flawed and creates harm to innocent people while letting the guilty walk free might gain more ground. Then if there are individual racist CO's, (there are likely some, but I doubt a large percentage) their actions will be in the open and can be acted upon.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

You got your Visa days after the interview. How where you in AP? Do you mean for the visa or for naturalization? The latter is not an issue, since you're with your spouse, it's the former we're talking about here.

Edit: I see you got the NVC AP, which makes even less sense than the embassy AP, so never mind. It was 3 months, which sucks but it IMO acceptable....it's the 1.2, and 3 year waits for people in places like Pakistan that are absolutely inexcusable. If a name check is taking more than 1 year I guarantee lots of different people are working on it and probably not doing a particularly good job.

Or the reason is no one is checking that duplicate name, because they don't have enough people to handle the cases. Two years later that file comes up and someone finally bothers to look at it. Congress has been cutting back on funds to embassies, which affects not only their safety, but the ability of embassy workers to get the caseload done. Do you blame the embassy now or do you blame congress? Congress makes the laws the embassy must work under, then they can give them enough resources or not to get that job done. A more open system so we can actually know what the heck is going on might give us and answer, but again congress would have to make a law that the system opens up some first, and the current congress can't agree to get anything done.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I think that in many cases usa use ap as a way of discimination.

They discriminate people by religions diferences, age diference or somthing like that.

I dont understand why put people in ap by long time and torture people.

In many cases they approved people without give 221g papers or without missing papers, but put peoole wait long time for issue a visa without the poeple be criminal or terrorist.

They dont tell you that but when they put people in ap without reason is because they think that the beneficiary is a criminal or a terrorist.

They destroy lives people without feel pain doing that.

Usa think that is better that all the country in the world.

They discriminate people and all is right for them.

People dont have the right to get informations., just wait.

Very bad for them.

If one persone hasnt any problem why torture with ap?

Hola Bella, I am so sorry that your process has been so stressful. You need to relax keep checking CEAC site, you will be here before you know it. Criticizing America on this very public forum is not going to make it any quicker. My friend was on AP for more the 3 months and she is same age as hubby and they are Dominican both. Just happens relax amor estaras con tu esposo cuando dios quiera ya lo versas

Hola Bella, I am so sorry that your process has been so stressful. You need to relax keep checking CEAC site, you will be here before you know it. Criticizing America on this very public forum is not going to make it any quicker. My friend was on AP for more the 3 months and she is same age as hubby and they are Dominican both. Just happens relax amor estaras con tu esposo cuando dios quiera ya lo versas

Thanks for yours words, but this sucks that you without problem they put in ap and dont say why.

Today my fiance called and he got nothing as answer just wait that the case is in ap, they are stupid? We know that the case is in ap.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thanks for yours words, but this sucks that you without problem they put in ap and dont say why.

Today my fiance called and he got nothing as answer just wait that the case is in ap, they are stupid? We know that the case is in ap.

I don't think that you will be in AP a long time, it is not unusual to be in AP for about 2-3 weeks after the interview for some

countries and they kept the passport so that is always a good sign.

Wait a couple weeks and then contact them again. Yes, it sucks not knowing why and causes anxiety.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Exactilly, I agree with you.

They should tell to people why they are in ap.

In my case my interview was good, everything was ok.

They took my passport but no visa yet.

The worst is that they dont say why.

I dont have police problem, or drug, nothing.

But they put me in ap and dont say why.

I'll tell you why.

They believe your relationship is fraud to get to the US.

It has nothing to do with your criminal background. DR is a very high fraud country.

Now you know.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I don't think that you will be in AP a long time, it is not unusual to be in AP for about 2-3 weeks after the interview for some

countries and they kept the passport so that is always a good sign.

Wait a couple weeks and then contact them again. Yes, it sucks not knowing why and causes anxiety.

that they keep the passport dont asure you that wont take long.

I have red a lot of history here that they keep their passport by years, yeas by years.

Ap doesnt have a limit time :(

I'll tell you why.

They believe your relationship is fraud to get to the US.

It has nothing to do with your criminal background. DR is a very high fraud country.

Now you know.

When they belive that the relationship is fraud, they dont approved at the interview.

Ussually they say face to face that they dont belive in the relationship. Or that thay need investigate the relationship. They say directilly at the interview.

When they belive that is fraud they interview at the windows 13 ( fraud prevention), I wasnt interviewed at the windows 13.

When they belive that is fraud belive me they deny at the interview,

You aren't approved until the visa is in your hands.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

You aren't approved until the visa is in your hands.

Well, I dont know but the consul said congratulations your visa is approved go to pay the delivery service for your passport, what does it mean?

They have my passport.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

that they keep the passport dont asure you that wont take long.

I have red a lot of history here that they keep their passport by years, yeas by years.

Ap doesnt have a limit time :(

I am very aware of that.

In MOST cases, generally speaking, they will approve when they tell you that you are approved and they keep your passport.

Of course not in Pakistan where the longest AP I read about here has been 7 years for someone and many 3-4 years.

I am saying that I 'believe' you will get the visa in hand soon.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

I am very aware of that.

In MOST cases, generally speaking, they will approve when they tell you that you are approved and they keep your passport.

Of course not in Pakistan where the longest AP I read about here has been 7 years for someone and many 3-4 years.

I am saying that I 'believe' you will get the visa in hand soon.

God listens to you :)

I hope that this week they will work on it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, I dont know but the consul said congratulations your visa is approved go to pay the delivery service for your passport, what does it mean?

They have my passport.

after interview,

more work to do - 1 to 3 weeks after interview date,

then

a delivery service will pick the visa packet up and deliver it to you.

at least - that's normal.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

after interview,

more work to do - 1 to 3 weeks after interview date,

then

a delivery service will pick the visa packet up and deliver it to you.

at least - that's normal.

Yes that is the normal, but my ap is taking long, on tuesday 24 I will have 3 months in ap.

Even if the consular officer told me that I was approved and I paid the delivery service, on march 24 I was put in ap and I am waiting still.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.