LibCampFireClub

Pre-Interview Processing (K1)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

The waiting period during the time the NVC releases paperwork to Guangzhou has always been an obscure gray area. During the past year the methodology for processing Fiance Visas (K1 and K2) has undergone several changes. These include the introduction of the ustraveldocs website. The objective of this website was a good one as it intended to reduce hard-copy paperwork and allow for online processing. But, at lease for now that intention has greatly missed the mark by creating a "limbo" period in which there is very little information available and no direct information from the US government. The best available from the US government is to do nothing until they contact the beneficiary in China by mailing the P3. When will they do that? As soon as they damned well feel like it.

The best information I have at this point is the following response from the US Consulate in Guangzhou after three attempts to get a response. The first two responses contained statements that they were unable to verify identify unless several questions were answered correctly, and the sender of the inquiry submit to removal of unwanted body parts and / or a pint or two of fresh human blood.

Thank you for your email.

We have received your case from the National Visa Center and it is currently undergoing pre-interview processing. As soon as the pre-interview processing is complete, we will contact you with detailed instructions.

Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

I'm just blowing off steam here, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I'm not one to accept status quo as the new norm.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like your case is at least making some progress.

I agree with your comment about the "limbo" period. When we went through Guangzhou the limbo period started when the physical paper file was quarantined at a customs warehouse awaiting clearance....sometimes days, weeks,......? It was a great improvement when they started using the electronic file. Woohoo!! The advent of CGI Stanley has not make the process any more bearable, from what I read from others now going through the process. The entire immigration journey is one of "hurry up and wait"..... followed by another round of "hurry up and wait."

Hang tough, you are getting close.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Timeline

Sounds like your case is at least making some progress.

I agree with your comment about the "limbo" period. When we went through Guangzhou the limbo period started when the physical paper file was quarantined at a customs warehouse awaiting clearance....sometimes days, weeks,......? It was a great improvement when they started using the electronic file. Woohoo!! The advent of CGI Stanley has not make the process any more bearable, from what I read from others now going through the process. The entire immigration journey is one of "hurry up and wait"..... followed by another round of "hurry up and wait."

Hang tough, you are getting close.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Having a previous fiance visa and unfortunate divorce I am trying this process again. My previous K1 was filed in 2005, so I am familiar with what it was like before. So far, it is my opinion that the process was better then than it is now. Our petition has been in Guangzhou since June 16, so 40 days, which is near 7 weeks. We have spent longer at the GZ consulate than just about anyone I can find in the VJ timeline history for receipt of P3. That includes whether you measure the elapsed time from P2-P3, or from NVC sent to receipt of P3.

This became even more difficult when I noticed another member whose paperwork was sent from NVC just about a week ago or less had just received their P3. I am trying to be happy for them, and I am, but I feel the overshadowing agony of wondering why they received a P3 when we've been waiting more than a month longer than they.

I learned a few days ago that the very same company responsible for the botched rollout of obamacare created the ustraveldocs website. That explains a lot as the site is a complete mess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.