AnotherLostSoul

I-751 September 2014 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

Guys, what is a Tier (1,2...)? What number should I call?

Tier 1 officer is the first person that you talk to when you call USCIS customer service. They don't really know much about your case and just repeat the information that you see on your case status on USCIS website. Tier 2 officers are a level above tier 1 officer and can access more information about your case. There is no direct number to talk to a tier 2 officer. You have to call a tier 1 officer first and request him to forward the call to a tier 2 officer. You can call 1-800-375-5283 to speak to a tier 1 officer at USCIS.

Edited by waiting_for_aos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

how long does it usually take to get the card in hands after you get approved? and do they send you an email of the tracking number?

Thank you!

It could take less than 2 weeks! You will probably get 2 updates; 1 about your card being mailed and the next one will include a tracking number after USPS picks up the package containing your card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS received the application on 09/18/14. Fingerprints were done some time in October. Received RFE letter on March 19th. RFE response was delivered to USCIS on March 26th. Case approved and card was ordered on April 15th. Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Does USCIS online case status update when someone gets a RFE?

Edited by inqztve

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

sometimes it updates. It is a hit or miss. They might send you the RFE and update in 2 days or update in 3 weeks, or never update. I won't count on the online updates honestly.

I had rang every week, also spoken to the 2nd Tier, checked the website and still nobody could tell me that I had a RFE :(

I had rang every week, also spoken to the 2nd Tier, checked the website and still nobody could tell me that I had a RFE :(

So sad to hear, that nobody in customer service for immigration seems to know what they are doing, so sad:(

@GemmaUK I hope your paperwork-finding process is going well and your RFE will be out on it's way soon.

Timeline

Yes it does sometimes!

My husband ROC was approved last Thursday from Vermont, no interview and no RFE. Just waiting in card to be deliver.

Congrats to you! I added your info to the October filers (since your NOA was Oct) that can be viewed Here for other members to compare!

Edited by KASH2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

sometimes it updates. It is a hit or miss. They might send you the RFE and update in 2 days or update in 3 weeks, or never update. I won't count on the online updates honestly.

And that applies for any kind of update i.e. approval too? So, I guess that one may get their NOA letter by mail before or after the website update if it ever updates.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Timeline

And that applies for any kind of update i.e. approval too? So, I guess that one may get their NOA letter by mail before or after the website update if it ever updates.

:yes:

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay. I said I would not post anything until I get an approval, RFE or Interview. Sent my paperwork in Sept. 16th . I'd have to look at my paperwork for NOA1, Bio and all those other stuffs. I tend to pay less attention to them anyways.

I waited 7 months and 1 day .. Did not call or contact USCIS. I decided to call today about 12:07pm , Spoke to a lady that asked "Are you the petitioner or applicant" , I replied "I can be both" jokingly and I saw her phone demeanor changed. I got serious and said " I am the petitioner". She says call me when the Applicant is there I can not give you any info about your application. I did not argue , I hunged up and called again. This time I spoke to a very good lad, in one word, I said "Would you have any idea if my address has been updated already, I'm bothered that USCIS would have sent mails and I am not getting them" then I said "it is either that or I think there is a problem with my 1-751, would you be able to help me with that".... He replied nicely "The system does not show your address, so I can not tell if there is a problem, however I see You are way past your processing time, I can not forward you to an immigration officer right now due to heavy call volumes, but if you call back in 40mins, one would be available to speak to"... Then I thanked him then hung up the phone ... Deep in thoughts I was like forget it, I'd call back in a weeks time or 2. ( and Yes, I'm patient like that).

I was in the middle of handling some work stuffs with a client and then I got a text message at exactly 3:00pm and a follow-up email that read:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: EAC1*********

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On April 17, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC1****** and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.u****.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I was so excited , I smiled at my client and said "Sir , I would like to offer you a redbull" .. Don't ask me why but I wish we could both have a whiskey right now, my job wont permit us though..

I hope this one way or the other helps someone out there .. Hopefully! Good news is coming to you all soon. Just hang in there... This site was helpful, I look you guys up at least 5 times in a day. I'm still at work but I needed to express my excitement one way or the other.

By the way, I filed at VSC,

If you educate a man, you liberate a man.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.