waka1

interview scheduling and internet woes in Cagayan de Oro

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee in Cagayan has been having ongoing problems with power outages and snail slow, intermittent, internet service, especially during embassy work hours. We are both at our wits end, as all K-1 requirements except for the US embassy interview are completed and out of the way.

This week her brother, who has a shop in the city proper, told her of a visa agent who claimed to have the ability to get interviews for her clients for a fee. I find this rather hard to digest, but being the Philippines, anything is possible. I advised her to carefully question the visa agent without handing over a peso, then search for similar agencies in the city to see if she gets the same story. yes I know it's crazy but at this point all options are open.

My other op-plan is to fly her to Manila for the first week or two in July with all her visa paperwork, put her up in a hotel with wifi and have her embassy dashboard open 8am to 8pm until she gets a hit.

I running out plans, not hope.

Thanks to you all, Rob187

Hi,

I highly doubt that this is legit. My friend's girlfriend works at the US embassy and she doesn't even get special treatment when it comes to applying for visas. She had to go through the same process just like everyone else and ther'e no way to expedite it. I'd be very very wary of this "agent".

Met August 8, 2007 through a common friend
Officially a couple October 2, 2007
Married November 2008
------------------------------------------
USCIS
02/09/2010 - Receipt date on NOA1
02/16/2010 - Notice date (NOA1)
02/24/2010 - Received NOA1 in mail
04/20/2010 - Notice date (NOA2) APPROVED PETITION!
04/27/2010 - Received NOA2 in mail

NVC
04/28/2010 - AOS Bill generated
05/06/2010 - Received AOS Bill and DS-3032 in mail (New York)
05/20/2010 - Sent DS-3032 via email
05/21/2010 - Received DS-3032 form in mail (Philippines)
05/21/2010 - Paid AOS fee online
05/25/2010 - AOS fee shows PAID
05/25/2010 - NVC acknowledges DS-3032 email
05/26/2010 - IV fee generated
05/31/2010 - Paid IV fee
06/02/2010 - IV fee shows PAID
08/17/2010 - Sent AOS and DS-230 papers via 3-day air
08/25/2010 - NVC received the documents as per NVC IVR
09/18/2010 - Received checklist for I-864 forms
10/22/2010 - Sent RFE response
11/04/2010 - NVC received checklist response letter
11/14/2010 - SIF!!!! Yaaayyy!!
11/22/2010 - CC as per AVR
11/30/2010 - Received appointment letter
12/07/2010 - Medicals Day 1
12/08/2010 - Medicals Day 2 - PASSED!!!
01/04/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!!!
01/07/2011 - Received VISA
01/19/2011 - CFO Seminar
01/24/2011 - POE JFK =)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee in Cagayan has been having ongoing problems with power outages and snail slow, intermittent, internet service, especially during embassy work hours. We are both at our wits end, as all K-1 requirements except for the US embassy interview are completed and out of the way.

This week her brother, who has a shop in the city proper, told her of a visa agent who claimed to have the ability to get interviews for her clients for a fee. I find this rather hard to digest, but being the Philippines, anything is possible. I advised her to carefully question the visa agent without handing over a peso, then search for similar agencies in the city to see if she gets the same story. yes I know it's crazy but at this point all options are open.

My other op-plan is to fly her to Manila for the first week or two in July with all her visa paperwork, put her up in a hotel with wifi and have her embassy dashboard open 8am to 8pm until she gets a hit.

I running out plans, not hope.

Thanks to you all, Rob187

visa agent who claims....!!? BULL-TWEETY!! No one in the Philippines has an "in" with scheduling the interview. Do not even go near that guy is my instinct.

Are you sitting at the computer also? Openings show up when the embassy is closed also ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I spell a scam!! He can't do anything that you can't do. Avoid!!! Have more patience and you will have an appointment soon.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The power is already okay here in mindanao. Iligan and cagayan. Internet is always slow regardless of location here in pi. Rather than paying for a hotel. Have your fiancee upgrde her internt connection :) the maximum speed :)

Goodluck and congrats in advance

All points well taken, NO AGENT !! :no: Thanks....Rob

RE: hi speed internet in Cagayan do you know what carrier provides it ? RE: She's about 3 klicks outside the city proper. The power and internet connection are always a problem, at least for the last 4 months. With monsoon season approaching it might better. As far as the internet speed upgrade, I'll look into it, but it's doubtful any improvements would happen, at least with the same carrier

All points well taken, NO AGENT !! :no: Thanks....Rob

RE: hi speed internet in Cagayan do you know what carrier provides it ? RE: She's about 3 klicks outside the city proper. The power and internet connection are always a problem, at least for the last 4 months. With monsoon season approaching it might better. As far as the internet speed upgrade, I'll look into it, but it's doubtful any improvements would happen, at least with the same carrier

Exactly where is her location? I am about 1.5hrs away from cdo, iligan city. We use globe telecom. It is same as pldt. Same speed. Our power problems are quite resolved already. So far they stopped the rotating brownout.

Exactly where is her location? I am about 1.5hrs away from cdo, iligan city. We use globe telecom. It is same as pldt. Same speed. Our power problems are quite resolved already. So far they stopped the rotating brownout.

Along the main coastal highway to Iligan, a barangay in Bulua. Since she's at the dead end of internet provider's trunk line; the connections have always been poor even though she's called her internet provider. They came out once to fix it, no improvement. When she is connected to her EM dashboard her connection constantly drops. She then has to log back in again and again, as result of logging in too many times, she gets the door shut and can't log back in.

Do you know your internet download/upload speeds ? She was born in Iligan and has many relatives there, so if your getting no brownouts and a good internet connection, I have another idea B-) Tks

Along the main coastal highway to Iligan, a barangay in Bulua. Since she's at the dead end of internet provider's trunk line; the connections have always been poor even though she's called her internet provider. They came out once to fix it, no improvement. When she is connected to her EM dashboard her connection constantly drops. She then has to log back in again and again, as result of logging in too many times, she gets the door shut and can't log back in.

Do you know your internet download/upload speeds ? She was born in Iligan and has many relatives there, so if your getting no brownouts and a good internet connection, I have another idea B-) Tks

Globe said our internet has been upgraded to 3mbps (i know it sucks) but its fast enough that we no longer get disconnected when me and my husband chats even if our daughter is streaming too :)

There was a problem with pldt before but it has been fixed. Have your wife visit iligan or even cagayan proper. There are a lot of internet shops and even cafes who have fast internet connection.

Goodthing is that classes have already started hardly people are in internet shops or cafes. She can chill in a coffee shop while trying her luck in the getting the schedule.

It will be cost efficient too :) there are a lot of accommodations for her too.

Oh yeah whenevershe has internet connection problem have her call the provider and complain. They give rebAtes :)

Globe said our internet has been upgraded to 3mbps (i know it sucks) but its fast enough that we no longer get disconnected when me and my husband chats even if our daughter is streaming too :)

There was a problem with pldt before but it has been fixed. Have your wife visit iligan or even cagayan proper. There are a lot of internet shops and even cafes who have fast internet connection.

Goodthing is that classes have already started hardly people are in internet shops or cafes. She can chill in a coffee shop while trying her luck in the getting the schedule.

It will be cost efficient too :) there are a lot of accommodations for her too.

Oh yeah whenevershe has internet connection problem have her call the provider and complain. They give rebAtes :)

Thanks :star: I just off Skype with my fiancee and yes she does have a very slow internet connection. About three weeks ago she got a dashboard pop up with 4 openings but the by the time she could click they were gone. Today I told her to drop her current provider and get a high speed provider, apparently there is one that businesses and other agencies use. She said a neighbor down the street has it and it's fast...We shall see :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.