Hotter Otter

The World Cup 2014 Thread

386 posts in this topic

Netherlands didn't crush Argentina. I thought that they were going to win it near the end of overtime, but it didn't happen. It almost seemed like Argentina was playing for a shootout, like that it what they wanted. That games was boooring. The shootout was good. Argentina's goalie reeked of confidence.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They cancelled each other out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

As Juan Peron said, Today the Netherlands, Sunday Germany.

Juan Peron must have forgotten the 2010 quarter final...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEaXgCQ61A

...as well as the 2006 quarter final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yY2jvGhQA

Besides, Argentina has thus far failed to deliver any convincing performance this time around. Not saying it's in the bag yet - it isn't - but I'm not all that worried. Germany will give it all to deliver on Sunday. And - odd as it may seem - I think that Brazil will actually support Die Mannschaft. There could be nothing worse, I think, than Argentina getting the title on Brazilian soil winning over the team that trounced Brazil. Think about it. Plus, Germany will surely cheer for Brazil on Saturday.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Juan Peron must have forgotten the 2010 quarter final...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEaXgCQ61A

...as well as the 2006 quarter final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yY2jvGhQA

Besides, Argentina has thus far failed to deliver any convincing performance this time around. Not saying it's in the bag yet - it isn't - but I'm not all that worried. Germany will deliver on Sunday.

I can't believe that Argentina has made it to the final scoring so few goals. They are a bore fest to watch. They play as slow as molasses too. But they have won 6 games in the tournament. I think the final will be a low scoring game too. Germany might wish they had saved a couple of those goals for Sunday. But I think that Germany can win the game 1-0 or 2-1. I don't see Argentina putting up more than a goal. Or maybe it will come down to a shootout, and then anything can happen. It seemed like Argentina was playing for the shootout today. Germany will be very tough to beat.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USA is easily a Top 5 team

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

USA is easily a Top 5 team

in North America.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It all comes to a close today when Argentina upsets Germany for the ultimate humiliation for Brazil, Argentina winning the Cup on Brazilian soil.

My sister lives in RDJ and tells me there are Argentinians everywhere in the city. If Argentina wins, the Brazilian president will be the presenting them with the trophy - that ought to be the ultimate insult. As it is though, I believe Germany will take the cup back to Europe this time around.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

If you're going to win the World Cup in style, that's the kind of goal you want. Superb technique from Mario Gotze and a fantastic goal to decide the Final.

Congratulations Germany. The best team won :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png