Hotter Otter

The World Cup 2014 Thread

386 posts in this topic

Well, there goes Croatia. :(

Look for Argentina to go next. I must be a jinx for any team I think will do well at this World Cup.

Argentina will win it's last game in group play. They had an easy group, IMO. Brasil is looking for revenge now. :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Argentina will win it's last game in group play. They had an easy group, IMO. Brasil is looking for revenge now. :devil:

Oh, Argentina will make it through the group stage, but get tripped up in the knock-out stages early. Bet on it. :(

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Why not root for Germany over the US then? :devil:

Because it might be misinterpreted as being an intentional attempt to place a jinx on the team and I'd never hear the end of it. :whistle:

Besides, the Germans can still be eliminated, if the USA play out of their skins, while remembering not to do dumb stuff and gift the other side chances, and either Portugal or Ghana get their game on in a big way. Then again ...

32.png

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I was at the party in Kansas City for the USA game (the director cut to it several times along with the NYC bash) and let me tell you, if soccer is still considered a "minority" sport in Uncle Sam, then they didn't get the memo in KC. Fantastic atmosphere.

Oh, and as well as hopping on the U.S. bandwagon, I'm really wanting Mexico to do well. Why? Two words: Miguel.Herrera. Total legend!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Greece advances and they scored a whopping total of 2 goals in 3 games. Colombia is looking good, and Uraguay is a favorite of vampires everywhere. I'm really glad I got my poster, it makes it easy to keep track of things all in one place. I even keep track of each teams goals for and against. Too bad they didn't have an area to keep track of the top scoring players. I may add my own on a piece of paper and tape it over the XBox logo.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Both Ghana and Portugal know they need tons of points for any possible salvation to the next round. Should be a fun game to watch!

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect