ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Im still getting it we are 6/17 still waiting patiently but losing our minds lol

Congrats Lauren! But am I one of the only ones not able to still check my uscis case status online? It's still an error and it's been weeks. My file date was June12th and my baby coming any day now, I wish my fiancée could be here soon to help with baby.

Is any one still getting error message??? Or am I the oddball

If I can recall correctly, last year around this time they were blasting through petitions before the holiday season, I think because it was the holidays. If I remember correctly, it was after Christmas that things started to really take a turn for the worse, assumingly because so many petitions started coming in after that. Back then Imad and I were considering applying for the CR-1 and a B-2 and we were observing the K1 and CR-1 trends and boards. Because there will be so many federal holidays, I think they will have to work even harder to pick up the slack, so I would be surprised to see nearly every June filer and some July completed by early January. . .

I may be wrong but this is what is see. I know two people who went thru the same process last year. One them who filled her petition at the beginning of 2013 has gotten her GC within a year ( from a day they sent out their I-129F) and the second one who started AOS in January 2014 is still waiting. Things are definitely slowing down there each year.

Edited by emcia_81

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Dear Congresswoman Kay Granger,

My name is Josh one of your constituents xxxxxx. I am writing to tell you about one of the most unjust things I have ever had to experience. I was originally born in Costa Rica then I moved to the US when I was very young. I Went to college at XXXXX and currently work as a data scientist in XXXXXXXX. I met my better half about two years ago and I asked her to marry me. She is also from Costa Rica, a well-known journalist who is educated and bilingual. I believe in doing things the right way when it comes to immigration after all so did my parents when we came to the US, so I followed the process 100%. I filed for a Fiancée Visa with the USCIS Texas Service Center on June 16th 2014. During this time the USCIS advised me that the wait time would be 5 months. As you can imagine we are well past that time frame. What is so unjust you may wonder, take the following facts for example?

1- On top of the current delay the website has been down for weeks so no one can check their status. The system tells you to call and when you do the representatives tell you they cannot see the status either because the systems are down

2- I launched a proper inquiry and this is the response that I got. “…This office acknowledges the completion of your case being outside of the normal processing time and realizes the inconvenience it may cause. The delay has been necessary in order to ensure thorough processing of your case and provide you with the best possible service. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe at this point...”

3- The USCIS just told me that in order to give me the best service they have to keep me away from the person I love for a greater time than other people just because they live in a different state.

4- I do not understand exactly how this could ever be the case when cases of the same type have processing time frames of 2 months or less in the California or Vermont Offices.

5- President Obama recently announced his executive action on immigration. It hurts me to see that I am being punished for following the law, while millions of other illegal immigrants will get to be with their loved ones during the holidays as well as being rewarded for their unlawful actions.

It was a pleasure to mark you on my ballot as I voted for the first time this November. I know you will continue to advance the conservative ideals that have made this country so successful. I also want to thank you beforehand for contacting the USCIS office on my behalf to facilitate the processing of my application. My USCIS Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxxx USCIS Texas Service Center

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred: No

Consulate: San Jose, Costa Rica

I-129F sent: 06/16/2014

NOA1: 06/24/2014

NOA2: 12/17/2014

Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Arrived: 01/05/2014

NVC Left: 01/07/2014

Arrived to the Embassy: 01/23/2014

Packet 3 Received (Email) : 01/29/2015

Case Ready for Interview: 01/29/2015

Medical Date: 2/16/2015

Interview Date : 02/24/2015 APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Visa in Hand: 03/01/2015

US Port of Entry: FLL - 03/12/2015

Marriage Date in Fort Worth: 03/21/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

we did the same, my fiancee wrote to the congressman of New Jersey a month ago and we've got nothing until now.

should I smuggle myself to get to the states illegally to be with my sweet half? of course not, we did everything legally but because we applied this way we have to be punished and to wait for their mercy.

how ironic to pause the love story of a anyone for hundreds of days and perhaps years just to follow the stupid routine.

we are obliged to wait, unfortunately there is no solution except waiting and waiting.

(today is 176 days since NOA1, 194 days since I saw her for last time).......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Josh, don't forget to send the letter allowing your congressman to inquiry about your case. It's some kind of a release form that allows him to access your private informations. You can find it on Google.

I really hope this works for you! We have written to our congressman 2 weeks ago but no news yet.

I'm wishing you all a good day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

• Thanks lasiren...... I got myself an appointment here in Houston for Thursday the 11th at 1 45pm.... I think at least speaking face to face with someone that represents uscis will be good for me. Not sure I'll get any action or response, but I have to feel like I am doing everything in my power to help my fiancee get here. I'm waiting for a full 6 months which is noa1 6-5-14 to walk into my congressman's office in Sugar Land. I do however feel squeaky wheels do get greased, and it's a question of making enough noise for them to pick up your file and say let's get rid of this guy. It's about to get loud folks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
  • Thanks lasiren...... I got myself an appointment here in Houston for Thursday the 11th at 1 45pm.... I think at least speaking face to face with someone that represents uscis will be good for me. Not sure I'll get any action or response, but I have to feel like I am doing everything in my power to help my fiancee get here. I'm waiting for a full 6 months which is noa1 6-5-14 to walk into my congressman's office in Sugar Land. I do however feel squeaky wheels do get greased, and it's a question of making enough noise for them to pick up your file and say let's get rid of this guy. It's about to get loud folks.

what were the options you selected to get an appointment. i tried and it said that they didn't have appointments at the dallas office?

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred: No

Consulate: San Jose, Costa Rica

I-129F sent: 06/16/2014

NOA1: 06/24/2014

NOA2: 12/17/2014

Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Arrived: 01/05/2014

NVC Left: 01/07/2014

Arrived to the Embassy: 01/23/2014

Packet 3 Received (Email) : 01/29/2015

Case Ready for Interview: 01/29/2015

Medical Date: 2/16/2015

Interview Date : 02/24/2015 APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Visa in Hand: 03/01/2015

US Port of Entry: FLL - 03/12/2015

Marriage Date in Fort Worth: 03/21/2015

Timeline

You get four options to use I used that last one. I used this one: Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Timeline

You get four options to use I used that last one. I used this one: Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

is there any option except this?

Timeline

These are your four.

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.
Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.
EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.
Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Timeline

These are your four.

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

thanks

wish you good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Yes, I picked the same that said I had been waiting for over 45 days but I had not yet been waiting, nor did I have a receipt number from my request for inquiry. I went hoping that I would get a person in front of me and it worked. Maybe I just got lucky? After being approved I can see that they assigned a receipt number when I made the request for inquiry. I would do that first and ask the officer on the phone what the receipt number is because they never told me I had one or that it might be needed for an appointment. I felt that by doing something, no matter how small, each day toward our ultimate goal was progress. I had the idea if I kept knocking on doors no matter how random the person or option may be, it was another way to try and make my voice heard.

K1-VISA

06/09/2014 I-129F sent

06/16/2014 I-129F received
06/19/2014 NOA1 hard copy received

12/01/2014 I-129F approved!!

12/06/2014 NOA2 hard copy received

12/08/2014 NVC Received my packet

12/11/2014 Received case # from NVC after calling a million times

12/12/2014 NVC sent my packet to the embassy in Havana

12/18/2014 Received my Invoice# & Beneficiary # from NVC

12/20/2014 Received NVC confirmation via mail that my packet was sent to the embassy in Havana

12/24/2014 DS-160 Submitted and Interview Scheduled

02/17/2015 Interview in Havana - APPROVED!

02/24/2015 Fiancé picked up his visa

03/06/2015 POE Miami, FL - He made it!

04/24/2015 Married

AOS

05/21/2015 AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131)

06/09/2015 NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

06/19/2015 Biometrics Appointment

08/16/2015 I-765 Approved

08/16/2015 I-131 Approved

08/20/2015 Received dual Work Authorization and Travel Permission Card

09/30/2015 Interview Waiver letter received

10/10/2015 Temporary Permanent Resident Card Received

ROC

07/21/2017  I-751 Sent

08/02/2017  I-751 NOA1

08/23/2017  Biometrics Appointment

09/01/2017  I-797 Extension Letter Received (1yr. Extension)

09/11/2018  Second I-797 Extension Letter Received (Additional 6mo Extension)

10/16/20018 Received notification that status had changed and that conditions were being removed and permanent (10 yr.) green card in process

10/22/2018  Received green card in the mail

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Timeline

I'm just going in there and saying here's my receipt my noa1 and i've been waiting a lot longer than 45 days I've been waiting over 6 months and I want some service. Like you say I'm sure it's going to be noted in my file and they're going to have to tell me something. I'm just going to look at them and say over 6 months is totally unacceptable when people with expedited files can get an noa2 in 4 days. I'll ask for a supervisor and ask them if they think 6 months is acceptable treatment. I guarantee you they won't say Yes to that question. I guarantee you something will happen, not sure what but we shall see.

Timeline

I'm just going in there and saying here's my receipt my noa1 and i've been waiting a lot longer than 45 days I've been waiting over 6 months and I want some service. Like you say I'm sure it's going to be noted in my file and they're going to have to tell me something. I'm just going to look at them and say over 6 months is totally unacceptable when people with expedited files can get an noa2 in 4 days. I'll ask for a supervisor and ask them if they think 6 months is acceptable treatment. I guarantee you they won't say Yes to that question. I guarantee you something will happen, not sure what but we shall see.

but is something bad to go to yell at them?

would they put an X on your file for example? are they able to ruin something?

I don't know but I can trust their reaction!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

He didn't say he was going to yell at them tho. All he wants is an explanation as to why it's been taking so long.

And he deserves an answer to that question.

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.