ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

You know something. I'm good either way. This process has taught me patience. I even stopped looking at the processing times and all that jazz. That's torture. It's like watching a wall clock all day to see when it reaches 5 pm. Lesson learned. Haste makes waste. But hopefully I'll still get batched at a decent time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So guys, you want to chuckle a bit at my expense? I received my RFE today via mail. It was all because I didn't have the letter of intent to marry with the original. We'll guess what? My fiancé just scanned it to me. I feel like an idiot. Oh, I just read, MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THE SECOND PAGE ON TOP OF YOUR EVIDENCE!!!

You will be good to go. I'll let you know when I send it out and when a decision gets rendered. This should give a pretty solid timeline for those of you who may get an RFE for the same reason. So yes, keep your heads up and if it was at all possible , you can all line up and take turns kicking me in the ###. Who has two thumbs and feels pretty stupid right about now? This guy right here!!!

Lol. You will be fine and hopefully you will hear the great news soon!! I am ready to get my RFE about my letters as well (Unfortunately I thought that saying that I intend to get married on the K1 Visa and I will do it once I arrive in the US would be enough to make them understand I intend to do within 90 days, however I should have written WITHIN 90 DAYS...Lol).

Good luck!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You know something. I'm good either way. This process has taught me patience. I even stopped looking at the processing times and all that jazz. That's torture. It's like watching a wall clock all day to see when it reaches 5 pm. Lesson learned. Haste makes waste. But hopefully I'll still get batched at a decent time

I agree only thing that has been good about looking at the processing time is that me and my fiance has created a plan b for another visit next year if things don't go as we originally thought they would. Otherwise looking at it is just way too stressful and I should stop looking at it.

Yea. I would strongly sugestione that if You havent had your fiancée draw up the letter that he atleast do it , scan it and email it to you. This way you have it when your RFE arrives and you can just mail it out with the letter.

With regards to the viewing the time lines , you are right, it is so frustrating. Take a look at it again. It states that the updTe was on 10 November but as of 30 September. What kind of ####### is that? Soooo confusing. But keep your heads in the game and spread the word to all those who are about to file. Tell them about my situation and this way it will stick to them. I don't want anyone to go through any unnecessary waiting

So guys, you want to chuckle a bit at my expense? I received my RFE today via mail. It was all because I didn't have the letter of intent to marry with the original. We'll guess what? My fiancé just scanned it to me. I feel like an idiot. Oh, I just read, MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THE SECOND PAGE ON TOP OF YOUR EVIDENCE!!!

You will be good to go. I'll let you know when I send it out and when a decision gets rendered. This should give a pretty solid timeline for those of you who may get an RFE for the same reason. So yes, keep your heads up and if it was at all possible , you can all line up and take turns kicking me in the ###. Who has two thumbs and feels pretty stupid right about now? This guy right here!!!

Wait wait..I don't get it. I am just waking up :) So where should the letter of intent be then and what do you mean by having the letter with the original?

Ok. So when you get the packet with the RFE mailed to you, the instructions stated clearly. The first page has the reason why you received the RFE. The second page has the "top" sheet where you have to submit the proof of the RFE along with the second page. The second page has to be on top and the proof is the next page. You can just staple the letter underneath the second page of the notice. Depends on your preference, you can either overnight the documents ( they have the address where you have to mail it to) or, in my case I'm just going to send it priority mail with proof of receipt. A day or two won't make a difference as far as I'm concerned. Now it's really important that you guys understand that the secomd sheet contains your receipt number and another number which they call the A#. I guess they type in the numbers and place your proof into your file and document it. I would also strongly suggest to copy the letter just in case they don't receive it, this way you can just resend it instead of having to wait for them to remain it out to you. I hope this helps everyone out who are waiting for their RFE or are expecting to receive the RFE. Write back if you have any questions. They also state that the TSC may have a 60 day turn around on the rendering of the decision but I believe this is just so they can cover themselves. Others have gotten their approvals as little as 2 weeks from submitting the RFE

When I say copy the letter, just so that I am crystal clear, it's the actual notice that they send to you that you should copy. In my case, regarding the letter of intent, I had her draw it up in both English and Spanish. I helped her out with the English version and the Spanish version was all her. I speak Spanish very we'll, however it's very rudimentary compared to hers. I'm just trying to cover my you know what.

I was also reading that once I get the approval that they are going to mail her the package once it gets to the NVC This is important because I know the mail in the Dominican Republic is like the pony express. Or rather the slug express. I am hoping that I get the package mailed to me first and that it's the same exact document that she is going to receive. My intentions are to scan the entire document to her and email it so we have a running head start. This way she can get her physical done and we can schedule the interview. Also, I'm not sure how it works over there bit some consulates in various countries issue the visa right then and there. If that is the case, home girl has the first flight out over here. If not then it's just a matter of her getting the visa and letting me know when it has arrived. Also, if I may add, don't buy your fiancées plane ticket, but at least look to see how much they are so you can start saving up for it. So for instance, say its 300.00 then save up 600.00 for it this way you are not going to struggle to get the flights. Remember that the physical is going to cost you as well as the 240.00 fee at the actual interview. If you have to get. Box to transport your fiancées personal items over due to limitations and constraints on luggage at the airport, well that's going to be another expense. So just want to prepare you guys for that. Be well and enjoy football Sunday

ISL

When I say copy the letter, just so that I am crystal clear, it's the actual notice that they send to you that you should copy. In my case, regarding the letter of intent, I had her draw it up in both English and Spanish. I helped her out with the English version and the Spanish version was all her. I speak Spanish very we'll, however it's very rudimentary compared to hers. I'm just trying to cover my you know what.

I was also reading that once I get the approval that they are going to mail her the package once it gets to the NVC This is important because I know the mail in the Dominican Republic is like the pony express. Or rather the slug express. I am hoping that I get the package mailed to me first and that it's the same exact document that she is going to receive. My intentions are to scan the entire document to her and email it so we have a running head start. This way she can get her physical done and we can schedule the interview. Also, I'm not sure how it works over there bit some consulates in various countries issue the visa right then and there. If that is the case, home girl has the first flight out over here. If not then it's just a matter of her getting the visa and letting me know when it has arrived. Also, if I may add, don't buy your fiancées plane ticket, but at least look to see how much they are so you can start saving up for it. So for instance, say its 300.00 then save up 600.00 for it this way you are not going to struggle to get the flights. Remember that the physical is going to cost you as well as the 240.00 fee at the actual interview. If you have to get. Box to transport your fiancées personal items over due to limitations and constraints on luggage at the airport, well that's going to be another expense. So just want to prepare you guys for that. Be well and enjoy football Sunday

ISL

Are you talking about the package you send to USCIS? They do not send it back to you or the beneficiary. They forward to the US embassy in DR and it stays there. She will receive a letter form the embassy with instructions. She will have to gather all documents together and send it back to the embassy. Then she can schedule her medicals and interview date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So for instance, say its 300.00 then save up 600.00 for it this way you are not going to struggle to get the flights. Remember that the physical is going to cost you as well as the 240.00 fee at the actual interview. If you have to get. Box to transport your fiancées personal items over due to limitations and constraints on luggage at the airport, well that's going to be another expense. So just want to prepare you guys for that. Be well and enjoy football Sunday

ISL

Yup. And for some of us, also have to budget for getting winter clothing. My fiancee has basically none and will probably be arriving here in DC in the middle of winter. I'm budgeting a few hundred bucks for winter coat, sweaters, etc. Fun times...

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Lol. I always joke with her, since she's only seen pictures of snow, that if she gets here like in February she will just make a u turn and head back. She constantly asks me how is the weather up here and how she can't wait for her first snow. I tell her it sucks but as soon as you see your first snow, after about 20 minutes of the blizzard she'll be so done with this stuff. Ummm. Just some tgoughtful advice, Burlington coat factory has some amazing prices on winter apparel. Especially winter coats. Get some thinsulates gloves a nice wool hat and scarf. Dont forget the timberland boots!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

⬅ Survivor - DC Snowmagedon 2010. Never again with snowy addresses, lol

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

I'll take snowmageddon over living in buffalo like I did for 10 years. Snowmageddon was a breeze compared to the nightmare up there. But I must admit, it was lots of fun. Except for shoveling, we had a blast.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

snowmageddon was too much for me, I said never again! I'd much prefer if we could move to the virgin islands lol

Service Center : Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.