ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm manually tracking over 100 June K-1 SRC #s on a spreadsheet and so far this week, I've found 15 approvals and 5 RFEs. There are at least another 113 June K-1 SRC#s pending. Emphasis on "at least," because this is what I have been able to find so far. I am focusing on tracking June 19 to June 25 receipt dates because my receipt date is June 25. (My NOA1 date is June 27.) I'll post an update on Tuesday or Wednesday so that you can see the progress. As I said before, there are approvals happening, even though they are not showing up in Igor's list. Many people don't put their information on this site. I'm trying to stay positive through this absurd process and keeping track of this stuff helps me see that the USCIS gears are actually turning, ever so slowly. And knowing that there are a bunch of us in the same boat helps too.

So I had a chance to update this at the end of the day and I now see 27 approvals this week and 8 RFEs. This applies only to June K-1 filers with SRC #s that were received by TSC between 6/19 and 6/25. There were 12 approvals yesterday that are on my list and 3 RFEs so far today. This is a lot more activity than is being seen on Igor's list. It makes me feel like at least work is being done. Not fast enough, but it's happening.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow, that's more than I'd have thought for sure, and very encouraging. Sounds like they're at least attempting to pick up speed again this week, at least with our timeframe. I'm not saying that's a good thing to hear for those before our week. But perhaps as they get these out, they'll go back and work the ones that apparently were considered "harder" at the earlier section of the month. Since they're working in batches, (I'm totally guessing here but this is what I would expect) they'd most likely do all the easiest actions first of all the batches for a month, then go back and concentrate on the harder ones before moving on to the next month's batch. That is, knowing that every time an application in any month that comes in from a priority country like the Philippines will force them to drop whatever they're doing and process them before continuing on with wherever they were. That's got to be very disruptive. I get tasks every single day that do that and I have some reports that I've been attempting to get out for 3 months that have been in final draft, sitting here, what we call "overcome by events" (OBE) because of just those types of (what we call) "hot" or "priority" tasks. I gotta tell you, it's annoying. And then you have to read the stuff 44 times over because you can't remember your last train of thought and have to start at the beginning. Ugh. Totally digressed, sorry. LOL

I hope everyone has a restful and non-stressful weekend. I will be continuing to sort through my entire house and getting ready for Naqeeb to come join me in my tiny home. The mold remediation is still not quite done, but at least my things will be sorted, stored, and the house will be fresh and new for him when he gets here!

So, I just returned from the local office and they told me that my application finally made it to an adjudicator's desk on 1/7/15. That's two days ago. Prior to that, it hadn't been touched. He said that's good news and I'd hate to be so negative, but to me it's still a long way away from approval. Does anyone have any idea the normal processing time once it'####### someone's desk?

Mine made it to their desk on December 6th. And hasn't been approved yet.

Great... more great news!!!!

But I went to the office again on Wednesday and it says that it's been "moving" and the last time it was touched was January 5th. But unfortunately, still not approval and idk why

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow, that's more than I'd have thought for sure, and very encouraging. Sounds like they're at least attempting to pick up speed again this week, at least with our timeframe. I'm not saying that's a good thing to hear for those before our week. But perhaps as they get these out, they'll go back and work the ones that apparently were considered "harder" at the earlier section of the month. Since they're working in batches, (I'm totally guessing here but this is what I would expect) they'd most likely do all the easiest actions first of all the batches for a month, then go back and concentrate on the harder ones before moving on to the next month's batch. That is, knowing that every time an application in any month that comes in from a priority country like the Philippines will force them to drop whatever they're doing and process them before continuing on with wherever they were. That's got to be very disruptive. I get tasks every single day that do that and I have some reports that I've been attempting to get out for 3 months that have been in final draft, sitting here, what we call "overcome by events" (OBE) because of just those types of (what we call) "hot" or "priority" tasks. I gotta tell you, it's annoying. And then you have to read the stuff 44 times over because you can't remember your last train of thought and have to start at the beginning. Ugh. Totally digressed, sorry. LOL

I hope everyone has a restful and non-stressful weekend. I will be continuing to sort through my entire house and getting ready for Naqeeb to come join me in my tiny home. The mold remediation is still not quite done, but at least my things will be sorted, stored, and the house will be fresh and new for him when he gets here!

I'd like to clarify: My numbers do not mean that TSC only worked on cases received from 6/19 to 6/25. I'm certain there are similar approval/RFE rates for those case numbers received by TSC earlier in June too. However, since my NOA1 date is 6/27 and since I unfortunately don't have Josh's programming skills, I am only focusing on the 6/19 to 6/25 timeframe. Josh's numbers incorporated almost the entire month and give a far better picture.

REALLY?? Yay Sam that's great! Congrats!! We have the same file date (I think) so hopefully I'm close behind you. #nervous

Yessss I got the txt that my case was updated and then I logged on and my case was approved. Goodluck to u!!

congratulations

Thank youuuu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Yessss I got the txt that my case was updated and then I logged on and my case was approved. Goodluck to u!!

Thank youuuu

I'm so happy for you!! Congrats!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.