ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

I know we had one or two but nothing for me. Another week has ended and not a word. I have an INFOPASS appt. this afternoon. Another week to hold on on setting a wedding date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No approvals this week reported for June really??

According to the approved list for Texas, there were at least 5 this week from June (although could be more since people aren't great at updating their status), and my RFE. There are still a lot of people not in the office this week for holidays (in DC at least), so expect next week to be back to relatively full steam ahead.

Thanks Ckmciver70. Especially with the bad weather here this week. I guess that explains the light traffic I've been encountering on 66 this week.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

my biweekly ritual continues, a visit to the field office is iminent tomorrow

Do you show up as a "walk in?" I've been trying to get an info pass at my local office but there are no appointments available.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

No, you have to go online at https://infopass.uscis.gov/

You need to have a service request number provided to you from when you've called the USCIS customer service number and they were useless.

Timeline

Thanks Ckmciver70. Especially with the bad weather here this week. I guess that explains the light traffic I've been encountering on 66 this week.

Yeah, I don't know if you noticed, but there were a lot of kids out of school this week here, which means a lot of parents took time off. Today there were far less schools out than the rest of the week, but there were still several and still several delays. That's absolutely NOT the case in Texas, but I know that our office has been short staffed not because of the weather (except late arrivals) but a) people still on vacation/took late vacation to stagger absences, and b) the epidemic-level flu going around. Most of my friends across DoD have been out, no kidding, 9 days or more with this disgusting bug, and it's highly contagious. 25 states have reported at epidemic level (see this link for information: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/03/health/flu-activity-cdc/index.html) to include Texas. Not an excuse, but more information. I can tell you that in the Pentagon, because we have 23K "tough guys" in the building, it's epidemic level because no one will stay home to keep their stupid germs to themselves and we've all had it at least once (yay!). I can tell you, I don't want it again, it's really, really ugly. Oh! And it's somehow MORE contagious to all of us who've gotten this year's flu shots, which were required by our organization. So if you've had the flu shot, you're screwed. Not to give these guys any leeway mind you, but we'd be wrong to assume that there isn't any effect on these issues given the CDC has recorded them as epidemic level as well.

I'm still praying that everyone hears good news today, and that I get the RFE paperwork in the mail tonight so I can mail it overnight tomorrow am.

That's good to know. Is there usually a long wait? Are they on time with their appointments? I'm going during my lunch hour.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

you can show up as a walk in at a local field office. there is no mandatory need for an infopass appt. I do it here all the time!

THANK YOU!!!!!

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No approvals this week reported for June really??

I'm manually tracking over 100 June K-1 SRC #s on a spreadsheet and so far this week, I've found 15 approvals and 5 RFEs. There are at least another 113 June K-1 SRC#s pending. Emphasis on "at least," because this is what I have been able to find so far. I am focusing on tracking June 19 to June 25 receipt dates because my receipt date is June 25. (My NOA1 date is June 27.) I'll post an update on Tuesday or Wednesday so that you can see the progress. As I said before, there are approvals happening, even though they are not showing up in Igor's list. Many people don't put their information on this site. I'm trying to stay positive through this absurd process and keeping track of this stuff helps me see that the USCIS gears are actually turning, ever so slowly. And knowing that there are a bunch of us in the same boat helps too.

Timeline

I'm manually tracking over 100 June K-1 SRC #s on a spreadsheet and so far this week, I've found 15 approvals and 5 RFEs. There are at least another 113 June K-1 SRC#s pending. Emphasis on "at least," because this is what I have been able to find so far. I am focusing on tracking June 19 to June 25 receipt dates because my receipt date is June 25. (My NOA1 date is June 27.) I'll post an update on Tuesday or Wednesday so that you can see the progress. As I said before, there are approvals happening, even though they are not showing up in Igor's list. Many people don't put their information on this site. I'm trying to stay positive through this absurd process and keeping track of this stuff helps me see that the USCIS gears are actually turning, ever so slowly. And knowing that there are a bunch of us in the same boat helps too.

Very much appreciate that you're manually tracking this stuff...I have sorely missed the updates since our other informer got his NOA2. 8/

And yes, somehow, misery does love company, doesn't it?

So, I just returned from the local office and they told me that my application finally made it to an adjudicator's desk on 1/7/15. That's two days ago. Prior to that, it hadn't been touched. He said that's good news and I'd hate to be so negative, but to me it's still a long way away from approval. Does anyone have any idea the normal processing time once it'####### someone's desk?

Timeline

So, I just returned from the local office and they told me that my application finally made it to an adjudicator's desk on 1/7/15. That's two days ago. Prior to that, it hadn't been touched. He said that's good news and I'd hate to be so negative, but to me it's still a long way away from approval. Does anyone have any idea the normal processing time once it'####### someone's desk?

I'd suggest sending Josh1987 a PM and asking him. He was tracking everyone and could probably answer that for you. (If you have trouble finding him in the PM thingy, you can go look for him in the June NOA2 thread where he is now)

Edited by Ckmciver70

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.