ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey saila. What was the RFE for? And when you send it, I strongly recommend overnight or priority. Once they receive the evidence it should be about a week. Keep me posted.

It was for the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary. I had already included this in my application but for whatever god forsaken reason they don't have it. I called them and tried reasoning with a tier 2 officer but there was no point. I am now waiting for the letter to arrive express from France and then will over night it to TCS. I've been feeling totally depressed and miserable even though im trying to be strong. I was okay with waiting four months, and I even accepted that it would take six months, but almost 7 months and then an RFE tipped me over the edge. I don't know how Brett and others are surviving.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I like the idea of using your case number as the subject line! - Even if the Ombudsman is only meant to generally look into Systemic enquiries, if they forwarded your email onto various people - it would still have the same subject line at the top no matter what they were discussing and maybe someone was stung into action!

Though it's hard at this late stage to be certain if the approval would have come through anyway...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It also stomps on their "we're still working on May 6th" mantra.

Congratulations!... I hope they keep moving and preferably pick up the pace... all the best !!

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had finally gotten the tier 2 guy to submit an inquiry for me before Christmas, and when I got the letter (which of course you have to wait for in the mail), no kidding, it was "your file is still within normal processing times" (so we won't tell you. >:(

I've been really sad ever since the RFE email came. I have to wait to even know what it says, and I can't fathom what the hell they will say is "missing", although unlike many other couples, we only have one picture of us together before I left Pakistan, and we can't visit each other before we're married (religious reasons) so the "evidence" that we're in love (like papers are evidence!) is less than most. trying to keep the faith, but wow this is challenging.

Saila. This isn't totally hopeless. Once you get the letter you will have an approval within a month. I am confident. Look at me. Noa1 June 9.

RFE 11/25

Send letter regular mail 12/01

Overnighted another letter of intent signed by her. ( had her send like 6 copies signed. You never know) 12/24

12/29 TSC received evidence ( don't know if that was coincidence)

1/5/15- approved

1/7/15- package sent to NVC

It will happen. Hang in there.

Timeline

Saila. This isn't totally hopeless. Once you get the letter you will have an approval within a month. I am confident. Look at me. Noa1 June 9.

RFE 11/25

Send letter regular mail 12/01

Overnighted another letter of intent signed by her. ( had her send like 6 copies signed. You never know) 12/24

12/29 TSC received evidence ( don't know if that was coincidence)

1/5/15- approved

1/7/15- package sent to NVC

It will happen. Hang in there.

Thanks for your support , I'm hanging in there :-/ I just wish we could see eachother even for one day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would KILL for an RFE!! RFE's take a month to be recrtified and turned into noa2's. Here I sit june 5th noa1 and NOTHING!! Consider yourself lucky Sailia.

Timeline

Thanks for your support , I'm hanging in there :-/ I just wish we could see eachother even for one day.

Saila,

I feel the same way. I haven't seen my fiancée since I left Pakistan in early May. It's been a lifetime. At least others can visit their fiancées in the interim...I cannot (not that it wouldn't be death separating us again, but...). I'm on a roller coaster of emotions lately. Christine

Timeline

Saila,

I feel the same way. I haven't seen my fiancée since I left Pakistan in early May. It's been a lifetime. At least others can visit their fiancées in the interim...I cannot (not that it wouldn't be death separating us again, but...). I'm on a roller coaster of emotions lately. Christine

I also haven't seen my fiance since early May, we didnt think this would take so long. I'm also on a complete emotional rollercoaster.

It's been a long road for all of us. I was fortunate to have gone to the Dominican Republic and spend 7 wonderful days there with her. I know for some it's been longer and by no means am I comparing your my time with yours. I just want to offer a few words of encouragement. First of all this journey we have all embarked on is definitely that of a thousand miles. But what did Confucius say? The journey of a thousand miles begins with just a single footstep. For manty if us this has been practically 2/3 of a year. Guess what? I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an on coming train. I also see the light for many of us. Just like wine, our hearts grow fonder and finer with time in between. Don't look at the fact that it's taken so long, but embrace the fact that soon, you will be with him/her and we will all look back and say this was definitely worth the wait!!!

Lord knows that this has been hard for all of us, but look at the bright side.... At least we didn't start this process now! This too shall pass. And one day you will share the greatest love story with your children and what hoops we all had to hump through to realize happiness. 2015 promises to be filled with awesome memories. Bank on them to keep you motivated. I know it has helped me out.

Timeline

It's been a long road for all of us. I was fortunate to have gone to the Dominican Republic and spend 7 wonderful days there with her. I know for some it's been longer and by no means am I comparing your my time with yours. I just want to offer a few words of encouragement. First of all this journey we have all embarked on is definitely that of a thousand miles. But what did Confucius say? The journey of a thousand miles begins with just a single footstep. For manty if us this has been practically 2/3 of a year. Guess what? I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an on coming train. I also see the light for many of us. Just like wine, our hearts grow fonder and finer with time in between. Don't look at the fact that it's taken so long, but embrace the fact that soon, you will be with him/her and we will all look back and say this was definitely worth the wait!!!

Lord knows that this has been hard for all of us, but look at the bright side.... At least we didn't start this process now! This too shall pass. And one day you will share the greatest love story with your children and what hoops we all had to hump through to realize happiness. 2015 promises to be filled with awesome memories. Bank on them to keep you motivated. I know it has helped me out.

Wise words, and very timely, thank you. Over the last couple of months We've had an especially hard time with the length of time and distance because I've been through some extreme health issues that no one could explain (my house has been poisoning me, I found out the week before Christmas what it was but it been going on since early October), and the holidays of course. He's felt helpless, I've felt horrible and helpless. But I've also found nothing in my life worthwhile has been easy. I keep reminding myself of that and that a few months is worth it for the rest of my life, no matter how difficult. I feel that I was supposed to find out about - and have the time to fix - my sick home (and self) and make both healthy again so we could share a bright future together when he gets here.

I just wish it all would've gone faster. Haha

Again, thanks. I'm not good at patience, this has been a true test. But you're right, we grow stronger as a couple every day, and closer to each other. Our story was already interesting because we met when I backed into his car with my armored vehicle! Our lives, I think, will never be boring. LOL

Chin up! I'm waiting for that RFE to get here so we can submit the evidence (whatever they require) and move on.

Timeline

Wise words, and very timely, thank you. Over the last couple of months We've had an especially hard time with the length of time and distance because I've been through some extreme health issues that no one could explain (my house has been poisoning me, I found out the week before Christmas what it was but it been going on since early October), and the holidays of course. He's felt helpless, I've felt horrible and helpless. But I've also found nothing in my life worthwhile has been easy. I keep reminding myself of that and that a few months is worth it for the rest of my life, no matter how difficult. I feel that I was supposed to find out about - and have the time to fix - my sick home (and self) and make both healthy again so we could share a bright future together when he gets here.

I just wish it all would've gone faster. Haha

Again, thanks. I'm not good at patience, this has been a true test. But you're right, we grow stronger as a couple every day, and closer to each other. Our story was already interesting because we met when I backed into his car with my armored vehicle! Our lives, I think, will never be boring. LOL

Chin up! I'm waiting for that RFE to get here so we can submit the evidence (whatever they require) and move on.

That is a cute story of how you met! My fiancé was here in NYC on a J-1 visa teaching French when we met. Then we both moved to France when it ended and lived in europe for the last few years. We got engaged in 2013 and I came back the following May to set up our new/ old life here.

Thank you for everyone's encouraging words, this has sure been one hell of a journey. I don't know what I would have done without all of you here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.