ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

They have 60 days to reply to an rfe from the date they receive the information back from you. Usually they take 30 days to do an rfe. It's progress!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My RFE was received Jan 22, no news as of yet :-( How long did everyone's approval take after the RFE? I saw some in 6 days and some in 2 weeks... did anyone's on here take longer?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My RFE was received Jan 22, no news as of yet :-( How long did everyone's approval take after the RFE? I saw some in 6 days and some in 2 weeks... did anyone's on here take longer?

Dang really?? That doesn't give me much hope! :( We got an RFE one week after that (January 29) and have not heard anything. We were hoping to hear something this week. HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE TAKING THIS LONG??? It makes my blood boil to think about.

Timeline

OMG JUST GOT APPROVED THIS CANT BE REAL !!!!

Oh wow! Congrats!! Question: from the time you got an RFE, how long did it take to get the letter? Is there any other way to find out what they want or do you just have to wait for the letter? And then how long did it take you to send a response?

And once your response was received, it took exactly two weeks, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh wow! Congrats!! Question: from the time you got an RFE, how long did it take to get the letter? Is there any other way to find out what they want or do you just have to wait for the letter? And then how long did it take you to send a response?

I got the letter 7 days later, but they sent it to my old address even though I had changed my address and already gotten mail from them at the new address. So I had to have it overnighted from my old address. Then the missing thing was something my fiancé had to send from France and it took like a week to come via their "48 hr express" shipping.

So anyway they received my RFE on Jan 22 and today exactly two weeks later I am approved.

You have to wait for the letter there is no other way to find out.

I still can't believe this is actually happening!!!! I thought this day would never come!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It took us exactly 7 elapsed days to get the RFE, and they sent the exact same letter to us and to our Lawyer. As the Lawyer already had the form we previously sent to USCIS, they immediately took a copy of that and sent it back...and no - there is no way to tell what the issue is till the letter arrives - very nerve racking - and there is no torture like the things you imagine could be in that letter while you wait for it to arrive!! You truly have our sympathies!

Timeline

CONGRATS!

I got REF on jan26.

but still no news...

Hey Sakiprime,

We got an RFE on Jan 28 and lost hope today of hearing anything. Thankfully, our attorney got it today. Do you have a lawyer because maybe their received it?

Timeline

Hey Ashli and Alonso

Thank you for response.

We don't have lawyer and we got REF today!!!!!!

Hope we will get Noa 2 soon.

YAY! So glad you got it!!! What was it for? Ours was something SO stupid that I'm pretty sure they already had!! But whatever. We are sending it off Express mail on Monday so TSC will get it Wednesday. Our lawyer said that people usually get an approval pretty quickly once they get your response!

Anyone else intimidated to move over to the June NOA2 thread? I have been trying to keep up as best I can but I have NO idea about some of the stuff they are talking about. I just keep telling myself that we will cross that bride when we get there. I feel so left behind, haha! But I'm glad you guys are still here with us!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thank you Ashli and Alonso !!!!

The reason they gave us an RFE is because they want more current pictures of him. So so stupid.

I'm surprised they don't want more pic any of us together.

We will send them back on monday too!

Hang it there together !

Stay positive we will move soon!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.