ayla_42

JUNE 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

2,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

LOL, we should meet there and be each other's witnesses. :)

I'm going to have him fly in on a Thursday and then we'll get married on that Friday. For religious reasons, we won't be living together or alone together until we're married, so yes, practically right off the plane.

Not sure if you know, but the only paperwork once they're here that has to happen (in VA) is the marriage license, so it's pretty straightforward...bring your IDs, you get the married, the license is signed/issued, and you're done!

The hardest part once that's over is waiting the 2-3 weeks for DHS to forward all the paperwork on so that they can get their SSN and driver's license, etc. and then start the change in status paperwork.

I may take you up on your offer!! Ha Ha! Well that is very sweet, and I'm excited for you. But, I didn't think we had to wait that long apply for a SSN #. I thought that with the VISA that allowed them to get here, they could go get their SSN, so they can get their driver's licensce. I'm clearly disillusioned! But, clearly putting the cart before the horse. I'm sure I will learn lots on the other link created for the June NOA2's.

Timeline

Here's what happens "later"...once they get approved, the Consulate will give them a sealed packet. They are NOT to open it. When they come to the U.S. and enter at the airport, Immigration takes that sealed packet from them. DHS enters that packet with all its information into the system and then their status can be changed. But it's best to wait 2-3 weeks before attempting to register them for anything at the federal level because that paperwork has to be inputted/processed first. Remember, sadly, most federal agencies don't talk to each other, so assuming that IRS or Social Security Administration would have the information for a new resident would be bad. In fact, if you go too early to register with SSA, it'll delay the entire process. I have a friend who helps people do this all the time, and she's made it clear that since it'll take at least a couple of months before their status would change anyway, rushing to SSA would be a mistake. Driver's License yes, because it's a state agency and it helps establish their current address. Bills, yes. Checking account yes. Gym membership, yes. Federal paperwork? Wait 2-3 weeks just to be sure.

Thank you. I think I read all of that before about DHS, but at this point with so much information, it's all jumbled in my head. It's good to hear it again.

I appreciate the wealth of information and support that we receive on this site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Take Courage and wait for the lord to reveal his plan! There is always a reason God will test someone's patience and endurance!

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths
Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.
Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred: No

Consulate: San Jose, Costa Rica

I-129F sent: 06/16/2014

NOA1: 06/24/2014

NOA2: 12/17/2014

Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Arrived: 01/05/2014

NVC Left: 01/07/2014

Arrived to the Embassy: 01/23/2014

Packet 3 Received (Email) : 01/29/2015

Case Ready for Interview: 01/29/2015

Medical Date: 2/16/2015

Interview Date : 02/24/2015 APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Visa in Hand: 03/01/2015

US Port of Entry: FLL - 03/12/2015

Marriage Date in Fort Worth: 03/21/2015

Frustration is definitely a virtue but frustration is staring to set in already. Still no response from my RFE on 11/25. I sent out the letter of intent and actual fotos of me and my fiancé , ring and all around December 1st. I'd be happy just to know they received it. My attorney didn't send it certified so I don't know if it got there or not. Arrrghhh!!!! How long does it take to get a response for the RFE?

Frustration is definitely a virtue but frustration is staring to set in already. Still no response from my RFE on 11/25. I sent out the letter of intent and actual fotos of me and my fiancé , ring and all around December 1st. I'd be happy just to know they received it. My attorney didn't send it certified so I don't know if it got there or not. Arrrghhh!!!! How long does it take to get a response for the RFE?

We got an email/response saying that they received our RFE 4 days after we mailed it in and our case status was updated saying just that "Request for evidence received on..." Though, I overnighted it and required a signature when they picked it up at the post office. You should probably call them and ask to speak to a Tier 2 to make sure they got it. Good luck!

K-1 Visa Journey:

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: London, United Kingdom

Engaged in Greece: 2014-04-20

I-129F Sent: 2014-05-30

NOA1: 2014-06-05

RFE: 2014-11-12

RFE Reply Received: 2014-11-20

NOA2: 2014-12-09

Case Sent to NVC: 2014-12-12

NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 2014-12-16

NVC Received Case: 2014-12-19

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2014-12-19

Case Sent to Consulate: 2014-12-23

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 2015-01-05

Medical: 2015-01-12

Interview: 2015-02-11 APPROVED!!!!!

Visa Received: 2015-02-20 :)

US Entry Date: 2015-04-11

Married at NYC City Hall: 2015-04-17

AOS Journey:

I-485/I-131/I-765 Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 2015-04-23

NOA1: 2015-05-04

RFE: 2015-05-22

Biometrics: 2015-05-26

RFE Reply Received: 2015/07/10

EAD/AP Approved: 2015/08/28

AOS Approved: 2015/11/23 :dancing:

GC Recieved: 2015/12/3 - WRONG DATA!!! :cry:But I passed my NY State drivers test on the same day!

I-90 Filed: 2015/12/4
NOA 1: 2016/1/2
Biometrics: 2016/1/20
Expedite case request: 2016/4/4
Infopass appointment: 2016/4/15
Expedite case approved: 2016/4/20

NEW GC Recieved: 2016/4/27 :)Drivers license 'temp visitor' removed: 2016/5/11 (now a people again!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Approved !!!

Thanks God

Noa1: June/17th

Noa2: Dec/19th

YAY Sam1987 I'm so excited for you guys!! For some reason I was thinking we had the same NOA1 date but I guess not. Congrats!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wish I could see my boo. We've been apart for over 8 months now, and we won't see each other again until he is approved, getting off the plane, and then we go to the courthouse to get married. When I asked if I should get my visa to come see him since this would take longer than we originally expected (and it's almost as hard for an American to get a Visa for Pakistan as it is for a Pakistani to get one to come here!), he said "no". I asked why? He said "because I had to let you go once, I won't do it again. This next time I will hold on to you forever." AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. So I wait. Clearly for someone who's totally worth the wait.

Awwwww that really is so sweet! I feel you on the visa though! I went in May and got it back in a week but this time I tried to apply they denied it. Hopefully everything will go faster after we get our NOA2.

Wishing the best of luck for you :)

Timeline

Awwwww that really is so sweet! I feel you on the visa though! I went in May and got it back in a week but this time I tried to apply they denied it. Hopefully everything will go faster after we get our NOA2.

Wishing the best of luck for you :)

My visa to go for work took almost 9 months, so it was pretty unlikely, but i was willing to try. But he's right, it would be torture separating again. I don't know how you all have done it. I'm sure that those who will be reviewing our files will probably look down on the fact that we haven't visited each other, but we also realize that the costs of those plane tickets will be put to great use when my entire family goes with us back to Pakistan once his status changes and we're holding the full Pakistani wedding with his family. That's when the big celebration will begin! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Take Courage and wait for the lord to reveal his plan! There is always a reason God will test someone's patience and endurance!

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths
Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.
Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Josh, thank you for posting those verses. I needed that this morning!! AMEN

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.