Ang3lus

Moving to the UK for husband's job

43 posts in this topic

What if she goes through all that trouble, gets a 10 yr card and then they have to move again. giving it up all over again?

Big deal! Immigration should not dictate his life. (You seem to have repeatedly missed the point that the OP is a he.) He's in a position of strength -- he can obtain an IR1 visa and have an unrestricted green card upon return. If the couple move again, they do it again.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Big deal! Immigration should not dictate his life. (You seem to have repeatedly missed the point that the OP is a he.) He's in a position of strength -- he can obtain an IR1 visa and have an unrestricted green card upon return. If the couple move again, they do it again.

OP is a he? did you read the first post? she said "husband got offered a job". nowhere does it say that the OP is a he.

event.png

I just want to add, to help you make your decision, that you CAN file ROC from abroad. You would be responsible for flying to the US for your fingerprints, and interview if you should have one.

You can get reentry permits, which allow you to be outside the US for 2 years. The reentry permit you get now would expire when your GC does, though. Then you would have to get another reentry permit.

If that seems like something you want to do, you can do that. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

OP is a he? did you read the first post? she said "husband got offered a job". nowhere does it say that the OP is a he.

Your reading comprehension is poor. He said he did not want to be referred to as a "she" since, well, he's a man married to another man.

I just want to add, to help you make your decision, that you CAN file ROC from abroad. You would be responsible for flying to the US for your fingerprints, and interview if you should have one.

You can get reentry permits, which allow you to be outside the US for 2 years. The reentry permit you get now would expire when your GC does, though. Then you would have to get another reentry permit.

If that seems like something you want to do, you can do that. Good luck.

Good point, I forgot about that option. :)

Timeline

You previously said that visiting often is time and money consuming. but filing for spousal visa every few years isn't?

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm pretty sure she did, and She also read my second post that states I am a HE.

Thank u.

Getting DCF in London and never visiting the US in the meantime is probably cheaper than filing ROC, getting 2 reentry permits, flying to the US for fingerprints, etc.

But it is OP's choice.

the maven,

please show me on this thread where the OP says he's a he.... obviously i'm not the only one with called OP a she.

Here, I'll help. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/500523-moving-to-the-uk-for-husbands-job/?p=7069743

AOS for my husband

ROC:

You previously said that visiting often is time and money consuming. but filing for spousal visa every few years isn't?

Now you're making stuff up. Right now, there is only one mooted move to the US, not multiple moves. Flying back and forth, maintaining multiple residences, etc. is much more money than filing for an IR1 visa. And the amount of money required for filing for multiple visas is still less than flying around and living apart.

Getting DCF in London and never visiting the US in the meantime is probably cheaper than filing ROC, getting 2 reentry permits, flying to the US for fingerprints, etc.

But it is OP's choice.

Here, I'll help. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/500523-moving-to-the-uk-for-husbands-job/?p=7069743

DCF has historically taken about 5 months from submitting the I-130 until interview. There are outliers to be sure, but you can be assured it's straightforward and pretty fast. Having lived together in the US as spouses will only count in your favour as well.

Timeline

he/she, it's not the point. the point is that everyone was saying for HIM to give up his gc cause y'all are such know-it-alls. and as soon as a person who, obviously knows way more abt immigration than all of us put together, came up with the solution to his situation that, didn't involve abandoning his permanent residentship it's all "never mind, yes you can".

exactly what i was saying.. hear/say

event.png

I have experience filing DCF. It is a good and economical option for the OP. You don't seem to have much knowledge in this area, but instead of listening to people who do, you're being rude and antagonistic.

Well, to be fair, I am a know-it-all too.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Well, to be fair, I am a know-it-all too.

haha harpa, as much as i have seen you giving advice on this forum, you have a right to call yourself that. if i'm not mistaken, you were one of the first ppl who gave me advice at the very beginning of my journey.

I have experience filing DCF. It is a good and economical option for the OP. You don't seem to have much knowledge in this area, but instead of listening to people who do, you're being rude and antagonistic.

why file DCF when there is clearly a different option.. talking about complicating things.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.