sarah and hicham

Best honeymoon destination in MENA

61 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I considered Epcot too, since they have Morocco in the World Pavilion. In fact, I love Walt Disney World. It's the reason I chose to actually go to Morocco in the first place and then met the love of my life when I was there. Call it cheesy, but oh well. I can thank Walt Disney for that. Hey, I love overpriced tourist traps. Especially since it's right here and chances are (well, not chances, it's a reality) that he can't travel out of the country for our honeymoon anyway.

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We went to Alexandria. It was beautiful and the ocean breeze was such a relief from Cairo. He wanted to go to another town he said most people honeymooned at, but I can't remember the name. We didn't have enough time to go there, unfortunately

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We went to Alexandria. It was beautiful and the ocean breeze was such a relief from Cairo. He wanted to go to another town he said most people honeymooned at, but I can't remember the name. We didn't have enough time to go there, unfortunately

I would love to go to Alexandria.... my husband too.

We are both a little sad we were never able to have a wedding or a honeymoon. I was going to try to take time off work on our aniversary, but it's at the start of the busy season and around X-mas so everything is expensive. He also used our savings to go back to Egypt this summer (dad was sick) :blush:

I've been promised we can go to SeaWorld in Orlando next summer for a long weekend, but we've never been on vacation together. Maby in another 5-10yrs I when we can afford it :wacko:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

It was wonderful. Although the sea water tastes terrible! We went to the beach and Ahmed decided to monkey around in the water and I ended up with a mouth full.

We haven't had our wedding yet either (other than the civil one in Cairo). I hope you will get the chance to have both soon!! I'm sure any time away with just the two of you would be extra special!

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
It was wonderful. Although the sea water tastes terrible! We went to the beach and Ahmed decided to monkey around in the water and I ended up with a mouth full.

We haven't had our wedding yet either (other than the civil one in Cairo). I hope you will get the chance to have both soon!! I'm sure any time away with just the two of you would be extra special!

Civil is all we had, but we did manage to have dinner with a few friends 2 weeks later and a cake (I'm a pastry chef and can make my own)

I do feel like I've been on a honeymoon though since he got back :) we just enjoy our time together.

I hope you are together again soon TinaMsea (F)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmm.... i'd love to go just about anywhere than here right now!!

But if i had to make it MENA specific, i'd love to do like a country tour of either Egypt or Jordan...

Turkey sounds nice, too!!

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I considered Epcot too, since they have Morocco in the World Pavilion. In fact, I love Walt Disney World. It's the reason I chose to actually go to Morocco in the first place and then met the love of my life when I was there. Call it cheesy, but oh well. I can thank Walt Disney for that. Hey, I love overpriced tourist traps. Especially since it's right here and chances are (well, not chances, it's a reality) that he can't travel out of the country for our honeymoon anyway.

Oh Star! We love Disney - we went there on our honeymoon and later on we had passes for a year. We always had the best time and enjoyed every minute there. Even my husband said to me on our honeymoon...this is the best place I've ever been in my life. :luv: You just have to go there with the mindset of a child...where all your wishes can come true. :D

PS - that's why we went there - we didn't have Advanced Parole yet. hehe :yes:

JORDAN, JORDAN, JORDAN,

Jordan all the way :thumbs: It is the most beautiful place EVER! I can't wait to go back!

btw when I saw this post with sarahs name in it, I wondered what I did wrong and why the topics were back in 2007 again.... :whistle: yeah, I'm a doofus!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I've been to Thailand A LOT! There is no gaurentee that you won't get caught in monsoonal rains depending on when you go. It can put a real cramp in the "laying on the beach" option. Other than that I love Thailand.

HOWEVER, Turkey is also beautiful. Instanbul is a beautiful and there are wonderful coastal towns with beachs and historic places.

Both a great options.

I'm sure your friend was talking about Kish Island. http://www.kishisland.com/

My fiance wants us to marry and honeymoon in Istanbul. Personally, I'd rather go to Thailand. I'd love to see all the Buddhist temples, relax on the beach and go into the jungle areas. Then, whether we get married in Istanbul or Thailand, i'd like to visit Iran afterwards to meet his family that couldn't make it to the wedding and see some of those beautiful places i've only seen in pictures.

And I must say I would not recommend Dubai to anyone thinking of going there. It is too fake, too hot, too expensive, too touristy, completely lacking in history or culture and did I mention too fake? It's basically just a playground for the rich where the desert meets the Persian Gulf. There are far more interesting, affordable and cultured places in the Middle East to visit. I'm sure you could enjoy yourself much more in Lebanon or Egypt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
However, there is an island that an Iranian friend of mine told me about. For the life of me I can't remember what the name of it is. It might not even be an island but a small country over there somewhere on the sea. It seems like it was developed almost with tourists in mind and the pictures I saw made it look just divine. I wish I could contact my friend and find out what the place is, but he's gone MIA.

I'm sure your friend was talking about Kish Island. http://www.kishisland.com/

My fiance wants us to marry and honeymoon in Istanbul. Personally, I'd rather go to Thailand. I'd love to see all the Buddhist temples, relax on the beach and go into the jungle areas. Then, whether we get married in Istanbul or Thailand, i'd like to visit Iran afterwards to meet his family that couldn't make it to the wedding and see some of those beautiful places i've only seen in pictures.

And I must say I would not recommend Dubai to anyone thinking of going there. It is too fake, too hot, too expensive, too touristy, completely lacking in history or culture and did I mention too fake? It's basically just a playground for the rich where the desert meets the Persian Gulf. There are far more interesting, affordable and cultured places in the Middle East to visit. I'm sure you could enjoy yourself much more in Lebanon or Egypt.

Timeline

Civil is all we had, but we did manage to have dinner with a few friends 2 weeks later and a cake (I'm a pastry chef and can make my own)

I do feel like I've been on a honeymoon though since he got back :) we just enjoy our time together.

I hope you are together again soon TinaMsea (F)

You're a pastry chef! OMG, that sounds dangerous :)

I'm so glad you are together now. I'd settle for that more than anywhere on earth if I could. I hope it will be soon too, thanks Polarbear

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Yeah, i'm going to try and arrange the trip outside of monsoon season if possible. I'm really looking forward to my Thai friends playing tourist guide and translator. Otherwise, I guess my fiance wins and we go to Istanbul. Not that I would mind. It is on my list of places to visit. I've just always had my heart set on getting married in Thailand or Greece. But of course my man would have visa troubles with Greece which is why i'm rooting for Thailand.

Is Turkey much more expensive than Thailand? Would Istanbul be more expensive than Bangkok?

I've been to Thailand A LOT! There is no gaurentee that you won't get caught in monsoonal rains depending on when you go. It can put a real cramp in the "laying on the beach" option. Other than that I love Thailand.

HOWEVER, Turkey is also beautiful. Instanbul is a beautiful and there are wonderful coastal towns with beachs and historic places.

Both a great options.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

TURKEY, EGYPT! GO THRU WHOLE JORDAN FROM NORTH TO SOUTH!

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I agree, Dubai is fake!! And TOO HOT :wacko: Now Dubai for New Year's might be fun!

B)

dubai!

friendly debate here - dubai is like a playground but thailand is, um... not????

And have you even been to Dubai? I'm living there!

If you have the money to stay in an overpriced hotel and don't plan on leaving the hotel then fine. I'm sure the Burj would suit you. But I wouldn't plan an extended stay in Dubai if you plan on leaving the hotel at some point. Half of Dubai is a shithole and the other half is littered with gaudy skyscrapers and villas built by poor Indian and Pakistani slave-laborers under questionable health and safety standards. If you want to cater to slave labor then be my guest.

And yes, i'd like to go to Thailand for the beaches and the architecuture of the Buddhist temples. I'm well aware that Thailand has it's problems but i'm not going there to live, just to enjoy the history and culture for a brief stay since I have quite a few Thai friends. History and culture is lacking in Dubai being as it's only around 35yrs old.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

This is where we spent 20 :whistle: out of 35 days of honeymoon Alexandria... I LOVE IT THERE!!!

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.