sarah and hicham

Best honeymoon destination in MENA

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'd vote for someplace that isn't like here nor Morocco. I would pick Caneel Bay on St. John Virgin Islands. Knowing him, though, he'd pick Egypt, since he really wants to go there more than anything.

Though he does owe me a trip to Spain since I cut out my Spain trip last November and went to Morocco since I had hopelessly fallen in love with him.. :D

Awwwwwww :luv: yes i wd love to go to spain too my husband been there many times he loves it and he speaks fluent spanish so it will be easy going around.

Edited by HisLittleMasriyah
lyrics.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
However, there is an island that an Iranian friend of mine told me about. For the life of me I can't remember what the name of it is. It might not even be an island but a small country over there somewhere on the sea. It seems like it was developed almost with tourists in mind and the pictures I saw made it look just divine. I wish I could contact my friend and find out what the place is, but he's gone MIA.

I'm sure your friend was talking about Kish Island. http://www.kishisland.com/

My fiance wants us to marry and honeymoon in Istanbul. Personally, I'd rather go to Thailand. I'd love to see all the Buddhist temples, relax on the beach and go into the jungle areas. Then, whether we get married in Istanbul or Thailand, i'd like to visit Iran afterwards to meet his family that couldn't make it to the wedding and see some of those beautiful places i've only seen in pictures.

And I must say I would not recommend Dubai to anyone thinking of going there. It is too fake, too hot, too expensive, too touristy, completely lacking in history or culture and did I mention too fake? It's basically just a playground for the rich where the desert meets the Persian Gulf. There are far more interesting, affordable and cultured places in the Middle East to visit. I'm sure you could enjoy yourself much more in Lebanon or Egypt.

Edited by Hoomsfuturewife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
However, there is an island that an Iranian friend of mine told me about. For the life of me I can't remember what the name of it is. It might not even be an island but a small country over there somewhere on the sea. It seems like it was developed almost with tourists in mind and the pictures I saw made it look just divine. I wish I could contact my friend and find out what the place is, but he's gone MIA.

My fiance wants us to marry and honeymoon in Istanbul. Personally, I'd rather go to Thailand. I'd love to see all the Buddhist temples, relax on the beach and go into the jungle areas. Then, whether we get married in Istanbul or Thailand, i'd like to visit Iran afterwards to meet his family that couldn't make it to the wedding and see some of those beautiful places i've only seen in pictures.

And I must say I would not recommend Dubai to anyone thinking of going there. It is too fake, too hot, too expensive, too touristy, completely lacking in history or culture and did I mention too fake? It's basically just a playground for the rich where the desert meets the Persian Gulf. There are far more interesting, affordable and cultured places in the Middle East to visit. I'm sure you could enjoy yourself much more in Lebanon or Egypt.

i agree i have relatives there say the same thing they re dying to come back to egypt!

Edited by HisLittleMasriyah
lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm a bit biased after living in Turkey, but it is beautiful! Although, I wouldn't recommend Istanbul for a honeymoon as much as somewhere along the Mediterranean, like Bodrum. Don't get me wrong, Istanbul is amazing and so rich with history, but the Mediterranean coast is breathtaking. It all depends on what kind of honeymoon you want. If I ever move back to Turkey, it will definitely be close to the sea...maybe Izmir or Antalya.

Bodrum: bodrum.jpg

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

dubai!

friendly debate here - dubai is like a playground but thailand is, um... not????

Timeline
dubai!

friendly debate here - dubai is like a playground but thailand is, um... not????

And have you even been to Dubai? I'm living there!

If you have the money to stay in an overpriced hotel and don't plan on leaving the hotel then fine. I'm sure the Burj would suit you. But I wouldn't plan an extended stay in Dubai if you plan on leaving the hotel at some point. Half of Dubai is a shithole and the other half is littered with gaudy skyscrapers and villas built by poor Indian and Pakistani slave-laborers under questionable health and safety standards. If you want to cater to slave labor then be my guest.

And yes, i'd like to go to Thailand for the beaches and the architecuture of the Buddhist temples. I'm well aware that Thailand has it's problems but i'm not going there to live, just to enjoy the history and culture for a brief stay since I have quite a few Thai friends. History and culture is lacking in Dubai being as it's only around 35yrs old.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We're going to Sharm (what I want) OR Turkey (her choice).

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Sahara is beautiful ... that's where we went on our honeymoon ... really amazing surreal place!

Other that I would go to Isntabul, Egypt(pryamid's tour), Tunezia (Carthage ... I am a history buff) Petra or UAE (Dubai) ...

Timeline
dubai!

And have you even been to Dubai? I'm living there!

If you have the money to stay in an overpriced hotel and don't plan on leaving the hotel then fine. I'm sure the Burj would suit you. But I wouldn't plan an extended stay in Dubai if you plan on leaving the hotel at some point. Half of Dubai is a shithole and the other half is littered with gaudy skyscrapers and villas built by poor Indian and Pakistani slave-laborers under questionable health and safety standards. If you want to cater to slave labor then be my guest.

And yes, i'd like to go to Thailand for the beaches and the architecuture of the Buddhist temples. I'm well aware that Thailand has it's problems but i'm not going there to live, just to enjoy the history and culture for a brief stay since I have quite a few Thai friends. History and culture is lacking in Dubai being as it's only around 35yrs old.

Hey dont hold back!

There is no slave labor in thailand?

Im not going to dubai to live either!

History and culture arent the only reason people go on honeymoons ;)

Sharm El Sheikh...maybe in 18 years when our son is grown!!

I want to go to sharm to scuba dive. We recently went scubadiving in eilat, also red sea, and i know that the fish that you see are the fringe of what you see in the red sea and that sharm is where its at!

Re: dubai... I have been there for business.

I know people who went on honeymoon and loved it.

To each their own, different people have their own opinions, tastes and financial ability.

Timeline

Hey dont hold back!

There is no slave labor in thailand?

Im not going to dubai to live either!

History and culture arent the only reason people go on honeymoons ;)

Yes there is slave labor in Thailand, the difference is they don't try to hide it. Dubai puts out this false image that doesn't reflect reality. That's the problem I have. And since I know Dubai i'm just giving some friendly advice to people that they would be wasting there money coming here when there are prettier and more interesting places. Some people might want to go to Walt Disney World for their honeymoon and visit the 'countries' at Epcott Center thinking it's romantic. I think it's a tacky, overpriced tourist trap when they could spend the same amount seeing the real thing. But hey, some people like overpriced tourist traps. I'm just trying to warn the one's that don't. ;)

Timeline

Yes there is slave labor in Thailand, the difference is they don't try to hide it. Dubai puts out this false image that doesn't reflect reality. That's the problem I have. And since I know Dubai i'm just giving some friendly advice to people that they would be wasting there money coming here when there are prettier and more interesting places. Some people might want to go to Walt Disney World for their honeymoon and visit the 'countries' at Epcott Center thinking it's romantic. I think it's a tacky, overpriced tourist trap when they could spend the same amount seeing the real thing. But hey, some people like overpriced tourist traps. I'm just trying to warn the one's that don't. ;)

Warning the ones that dont, and hurting the feelings of the ones that do. Nice one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.