Ben and Che

Tourist visa

22 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.. I hope someone can help me with this "tourist visa" I don't know how to start applying this papers.... I'm here right now in the USA and we were planning to bring my niece here in the USA... Right now she in the Philippines...

I just don't know if we need to petition her for tourist visa or she has to file it by her self back in the Philippines.

Does she need to have a show money for the interview? How much?

Thank you and god bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

How old is the niece? She needs to apply for the tourist visa in her country... You are intending her to come for a visit as a tourist correct? Not to immigrate?

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Tourist visas, from Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America~~

~~Duplicate thread removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She should show all the money she has.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You don't petition for tourist visa

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tourist visas are applied in their home country ..... need to prove immigration that you have no intent of over staying in the US .... so she has to prove that she has all the reason to go back .

- Prove that she has the capacity to be a tourist in the US .

- I believe that the interview process at the US embassy is usually how well you carry yourself and just prove to the consul that indeed you are going to the US for a visit... it is usually a 10-minute interview , face-value, so be careful of how you answer the questions ....

Good luck

May 24 2014 - Got Married in Florida

Preparing paperworks AOS from B2 (visitor)

July 18 2014 received mail according to USPS

July 24 2014 - email notification package received signed J chyba .. ;)

July 30 2014 - Received NOA's by mail

August 11 2014 - Received I-797C (Biometric appointment scheduled for August 22, 2014)

August 12 2014 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (Orlando Office)

August 14 2014 - Requested USCIS hotline to expedite EAD

August 18 2014 - Received email from USCIS to submit pertinent document to support expedite EAD

August 20 2014 - Submitted "Job offer letter" via fax

August 25 2014 - I-765 EAD moved to "Production Status " and will be mailed within 30 days

September 5, 2014 - Advance Parole and EAD combo card received in mail

----

April 07 , 2015 - USCIS Interview date

April 08,2015 - Received emai " Card production , green card on the way " - I-130 approved .;)

Hi everyone.. I hope someone can help me with this "tourist visa" I don't know how to start applying this papers.... I'm here right now in the USA and we were planning to bring my niece here in the USA... Right now she in the Philippines...

I just don't know if we need to petition her for tourist visa or she has to file it by her self back in the Philippines.

Does she need to have a show money for the interview? How much?

Thank you and god bless

She has to apply tourist visa application by herself. And it is not an easy one, I have to admit. Showing how much money she has, actually is not going to get assure of approval. She has to demonstrate during interview that she will come back to her home country, she has to show strong ties to her home country. How she will prove it? This is the hardest part.

I applied B-2 visa ( tourist visa) back in 2010. I brought a bunch of papers including my bank statement ( showed how much money I had), a letter from my employer that I will come back for my job commitment, my land certificate, credit cards statements, my insurance policies, and guess what? The CO did not even bother looked at all papers that I brought and gave me a green paper stating " file petition for K-1 visa".

She needs well prepared especially if she comes from a country that fall into " high fraud countries" list.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Unlikely.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

[quote name="Ben and Che" post="7065749" timestamp="

She just turn 19... Yes just to visit only as a tourist visa.... She only visiting to help me on my delivery and while my other baby is just 18 month old by the time I have the other one....

How old is the niece? She needs to apply for the tourist visa in her country... You are intending her to come for a visit as a tourist correct? Not to immigrate?

She just turn 19... Yes just to visit only as a tourist visa.... She only visiting to help me on my delivery and while my other baby is just 18 month old by the time I have the other one....

Edited by Ben and Che

Filed: Timeline

'helping' with a baby has a name: babysitting. Also known as work...something that a B2 visa holder cannot do LEGALLY....it does not matter if said visa holder is a relative....dumping a bunch of money into her bank account 5 minutes before the interview will fail to impress the CO...you will have to hire a nanny (which is why babysitting is considered work....few nannies work for free)...you may not agree with this law....you may try something clever ...'oh, she just wants to see the sights of the US...'....a 19 year old unemployed Filipina has about as much chance of getting a B2 visa as the sun burning out tomorrow.

In any event, she applies, she qualifies on her own.....just have her mention about 'helping out' with the baby and see what the results are....(or, she could opt to fudge the truth....but that could backfire terribly against HER)...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Odds of a single, 19 year old, phillipina woman getting a tourist visa to come to the USA to "help" (aka, do work that would normally be paid for) you with a baby is practically NONE... Of course she can try, it will just cost the $160 fees but I can say it ain't gonna happen... Too many in the past have had family come visit to "help family" from your country and never returned.... Makes it near to impossible for others to get visas

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Note that she has to qualify on her own and the primary obstacle to doing that is proving strong ties to the Philippines. IF she has been enrolled full time in school and is coming on a school vacation she *may* have a chance but I agree with others that helping with a baby is probably an almost automatic denial. Also be aware that there is no help that you and your husband can offer that will increase her chances. My current fiancee applied and has daughter and family in the Philippines, had full time work in Macau and a letter of support when she applied. 3 minutes... flip thru her passport, denied. It is really disappointing that the US Gov. can't provide a single entry visa to the USA with the ability of a US citizen to essentially post Bond assuring that the visa holder will leave at the termination of the visa. Person doesn't leave then the bond is used to pay for the deportation. US makes money, people from foreign countries get to see the USA. Everybody wins! But alas, no such program exists. Not to mention I'm not even sure how the US gov. knows you left. Unlike every other country I've been too in Asia when you leave the US you don't have to go thru immigration. I was shocked that when I left the USA last time I took a flight from LGA to ORD and then walked two gates away and never had to speak or show my passport to a US Gov. official!

She just turn 19... Yes just to visit only as a tourist visa.... She only visiting to help me on my delivery and while my other baby is just 18 month old by the time I have the other baby.

Uhmm, it is not a purpose of a tourist visa. Even if she gets approved and later on the immigration found out that she came to the US for " helping you" for take care of babies, her visa will be revoked and highly chance she won't get approved at the second time for misuse the purpose of tourist visa.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.