Sylea

NVC Thread for Canadians

1,121 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats again Raven and it was great meeting you yesterday! We were also approved!! I had the same thoughts on the green card fee. I signed up for the ELIS site but our status on CEAC hasnt changed to approved yet so IDK if we can even pay yet.

EDIT: It now says issued on CEAC so I am assuming we can now pay the fee? NLR any advise??

Congrats to you both !! my status has said issued since yesterday afternoon and got the email from loomis last night with tracking info and as of this morning it apparently is here just not rdy for pick up.

From what i can gather we cant pay the fee until we get the loomis package with the letter giving us the numbers we need for the elis system . so waiting for loomis to say i can have it lol.

Congrats again Raven and it was great meeting you yesterday! We were also approved!! I had the same thoughts on the green card fee. I signed up for the ELIS site but our status on CEAC hasnt changed to approved yet so IDK if we can even pay yet.

EDIT: It now says issued on CEAC so I am assuming we can now pay the fee? NLR any advise??

Congrats to you both !! my status has said issued since yesterday afternoon and got the email from loomis last night with tracking info and as of this morning it apparently is here just not rdy for pick up.

From what i can gather we cant pay the fee until we get the loomis package with the letter giving us the numbers we need for the elis system . so waiting for loomis to say i can have it lol.

Woot!!!

Congrats to you both!! :) :) :)

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Timeline

Well then I shall wait for the email, Thanks Raven!

Timeline

Ok visa in hand just picked it up :) and yes there is a paper with it that explains the site to pay the fee and has 2 numbers you need to enter to be able to pay the fee. one is your alien number the other is your and dos case number. Good luck on getting as quick as we did.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok visa in hand just picked it up :) and yes there is a paper with it that explains the site to pay the fee and has 2 numbers you need to enter to be able to pay the fee. one is your alien number the other is your and dos case number. Good luck on getting as quick as we did.

Congrats! :dance: It took just one day to receive the visa!? :wow:

Do you live in Montreal? :huh2: I live in Vancouver so it'll probably take 2-3 days for me. :whistle:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline

Congrats! :dance: It took just one day to receive the visa!? :wow:

Do you live in Montreal? :huh2: I live in Vancouver so it'll probably take 2-3 days for me. :whistle:

Hey ya was super quick i really didnot expect it so quick. No i dont live in Montreal i live a couple hours north of Toronto looking at the loomis record the package almost beat me back from my bus trip lol.

Good luck to you and i hope everyone gets their stuff back quick.

Timeline

I got my visa in just over 24 hours, and I'm in interior of BC. Was completely shocked to get call from Loomis this morning saying it was ready for pick up!!

What a bummer we weren't all on the same day!! Congratulations Raven, Sarah and Marc!!

Timeline

I got my visa in just over 24 hours, and I'm in interior of BC. Was completely shocked to get call from Loomis this morning saying it was ready for pick up!!

You got your visa in 24 hours!? :wow: AND you live in interior of BC!? :wow:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

Timeline

I know, right?? Wednesday morning the interviewer said 5-7 business days. I was cool with that.

Got home at 2AM BC time Thursday morning, got an email from Loomis Thursday night saying package picked up at 18;34 EST in Lachine, Quebec. I thought ok, good that was fast, I'll get it next week.

Got called at 930 AM my time Friday morning to say it was here in Kelowna. Picked it up after work last night.

Still astounded. But glad it's done.

Hope you found Dr Cheema's office ok, and that things move along quickly for you!!

Peace.

Timeline

I know, right?? Wednesday morning the interviewer said 5-7 business days. I was cool with that.

Got home at 2AM BC time Thursday morning, got an email from Loomis Thursday night saying package picked up at 18;34 EST in Lachine, Quebec. I thought ok, good that was fast, I'll get it next week.

Got called at 930 AM my time Friday morning to say it was here in Kelowna. Picked it up after work last night.

Still astounded. But glad it's done.

Hope you found Dr Cheema's office ok, and that things move along quickly for you!!

I found Dr. Cheema's office without any problem! :star: I used Google Maps before going there. :thumbs:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

I got mine in Central Alberta the next day as well. I think it was 8am the next morning LOL

They have been known to be super quick. Thats why if it says issued and you don't have it, call Loomis.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I got an email from NVC today saying they received my documents on Oct 14. Guess thats my 60 day date. Hoping for a January interview but probably looking at beginning of February assuming everything is good. Good luck everybody.

USCIS

07-23-13 NOA1

12-13-13 NOA2

NVC

01-14-14 case received by NVC

02-19-14 case number and IIN# assigned, gave NVC email add.

02-19-14 optin for electronic processing email sent

02-24-14 submitted DS-261

02-25-14 invoiced and paid for I-864

02-27-14 AOS shown as paid

03-10-14 optin email accepted by NVC

03-11-14 DS-261 accepted by NVC

03-12-14 scanned and emailed AOS

03-12-14 invoiced and paid for IV fees

03-24-14 IV fees shown as paid

04-02-14 Received and Resubmitted AOS checklist

08-01-14 DS-260 completed and submitted by wife

10-12-14 IV docs scanned and emailed

10-14-14 NVC scan date letter recd 10/27

03-17-15 case complete

04-23-15 medical- Surrey BC

05-15-15 interview - Montreal

xx-xx-15 wife receipt of passport with US PR visa

xx-xx-15 wife in US

Timeline

I got mine in Central Alberta the next day as well. I think it was 8am the next morning LOL

They have been known to be super quick. Thats why if it says issued and you don't have it, call Loomis.

Ok our interview and approval was the same day as Ravan and CEAC switched from approved to issued the next day but I have not gotten a Loomis notification. I contacted Loomis who informed me that the Consulate has not shipped our package yet. I am starting to get worried...what should I do?? :huh2:

Timeline

Ok our interview and approval was the same day as Ravan and CEAC switched from approved to issued the next day but I have not gotten a Loomis notification. I contacted Loomis who informed me that the Consulate has not shipped our package yet. I am starting to get worried...what should I do?? :huh2:

Oh no that is terrible :( Did you have your loomis stuff setup ahead of time before the interview? If the site says issued very strange that loomis doesnt have it yet. I am not sure if there is a way to contact the consulate to ask or not :( but have you tried logging into loomis as well to see if email notifications is setup?

Im sorry i can not be of much help but hoping for you soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.