Sylea

NVC Thread for Canadians

1,121 posts in this topic

Oh well that's not so bad then. There was a K3 through Vancouver this year, but she lived in Vancouver so I can see why she would choose that route. I figured out that it would be just as expensive for me to drive from Alberta to Vancouver for the medical as it was to spend the extra time in Montreal so just did that route.

Really with the size of Canada we should have both consulates doing both types, but c'est la vie.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Lakehouse thanks!! Sent you a PM, chat to you soon!! :)

Got my 'official' interview letter (P4) by email today, now just trying to get my medical booked!! Anyone else in the West having a hard time getting a reply from Dr Cheema's office?? I've sent 2 emails and left a phone message, but so far no reply.....

Peace.

I had issues getting ahold of them too, so in another thread I asked about it and got a phone number that wasn't listed on the guide under Montreal's embassy information here, and hence I updated it months ago to include both numbers. I would call again as they said they emailed me after receiving my first message but I never received it by email... so persistence paid off.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Montreal

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Timeline

I got an email back from Dr Cheema's office after I sent a second request and left a voice mail. Got my appt booked for early morning Sept 29th.

Just booked my flight and hotel for Montreal too!

After feedback from VJ'rs as well as reading reviews, I went with the Days Inn.

Thanks to Sarah&Marc for the info!!

Excited!

Peace.

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So...I am new here, finally got through to NVC and was told that they received our case last Wednesday, September 10th, but it hasn't been entered into the system yet. Now from what I have been reading here, it could take upwards of 30 days from that date for them to assign a case number. Is this about right?

Things have been all over the place lately in this process and I am just trying to get a feel for how long I have left to finish up my docs and get the cash into the appropriate accounts.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Dualie

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Timeline

So...I am new here, finally got through to NVC and was told that they received our case last Wednesday, September 10th, but it hasn't been entered into the system yet. Now from what I have been reading here, it could take upwards of 30 days from that date for them to assign a case number. Is this about right?

Things have been all over the place lately in this process and I am just trying to get a feel for how long I have left to finish up my docs and get the cash into the appropriate accounts.

Thanks! :)

CONGRATS!!

I called them once a week and got my case number just under 30 days. Don't rush, just take your time and go over things and you will be fine. They won't care when you pay them.

27-09-2013: MARRIED :)

USCIS

23-10-2013: Filed I-130 (TSC)
17-05-2014: NOA2 I-130 Approved!

NVC
02-06-2014: Case arrived at NVC
20-06-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-07-2014: DS-261 submitted
08-07-2014: AOS fee invoiced
09-07-2014: AOS fee paid

09-07-2014: NVC said they rec'd DS-261
11-07-2014: AOS package emailed

05-08-2014: IV package emailed
03-09-2014: IV fee invoiced
03-09-2014: IV fee paid

04-09-2014: DS-260 completed

09-09-2014: Checklist Received (I-864ez form, income)
12-09-2014: checklist sent (LAST SCAN DATE)

06-11-2014: Case Complete

Last Leg of the Journey

17-11-2014: Medical (Dr Mascarenhas - Toronto)
18-12-2014: Interview (APPROVED :) )

23-12-2014: Visa Received

24-12-2014: POE (Ambassador Bridge, Detroit-about 35mins processing)

Timeline

So turned out my GP didn't have the Tdap booster I needed, pharmacy had to order it. Should get it by end of this week, but man, I'm stressing!! My immigration medical is next Wednesday at 11AM! And so hard to get answers from Dr Cheema's office - some of his paperwork says what vaccines you need, but then references the CDC/State Department website that includes others that he doesn't.....

My GP wanted me to get the Shingles vaccine (I had it when I was 12, and chickenpox when I was little) but it's over $200 and I just don't need the extra expense....

What experiences have others had with the medical exam process???

(I know it will all be ok and work out, but after months of waiting for things to move, now things are whipping along!! LOL)

Peace all :rolleyes:

Timeline

At the risk of sounding neurotic, what now? Interview date is scheduled and Dr. appt is also scheduled. Is there a wiki for the consulate process like there was for the NVC process? How do we register for loomis? I got the interview email (no case complete email though unless they are one in the same) Should I be expecting any other communication?

to sign up for loomis go here; https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/login

create a new account and sign up for "courier services only"

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Really for IR1/CR1, you do the medical and you book your hotel for Montreal (flights etc..) pack up your home, have food and time with family and friends, see some stuff or people you may not see for a while. Really immigration wise, if you sign up for loomis, have you medical stuff ready, and everything for the interview, you had nothing else to do except personal stuff.

Timeline

posted this in the main NVC thread, but maybe someone on here knows? thanks!

guys i know this answer has been answered, i searched the forum but got different answers

For total income, do I put adjusted gross income or just the total income?

I am filing the I-864 form. our joint sponsor is self employed.

The instructions tell to just put the total income but someone on this forum stated for self employed its adjusted gross income?

Can anyone clarify?

thanks!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

to sign up for loomis go here; https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/login

create a new account and sign up for "courier services only"

NLR - thanks for this. I'm wondering WHEN I should register for Loomis?? A couple weeks before the interview ok?? Or sooner?

My lawyer has not referenced this part of the process (Yet, I'm having a call with her Oct 10th).

And I think I need a copy of proof of my Loomis registration at the interview??

Thanks for all your great help!

Peace.

Timeline

Really for IR1/CR1, you do the medical and you book your hotel for Montreal (flights etc..) pack up your home, have food and time with family and friends, see some stuff or people you may not see for a while. Really immigration wise, if you sign up for loomis, have you medical stuff ready, and everything for the interview, you had nothing else to do except personal stuff.

Just checked into Loomis site, bit confused about the fees?? It only references fees for non immigrant and then fiancee visas?? Please tell me it's not $265 for me to get my passport back??

:rofl:

Timeline

Just checked into Loomis site, bit confused about the fees?? It only references fees for non immigrant and then fiancee visas?? Please tell me it's not $265 for me to get my passport back??

:rofl:

https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.