Sylea

NVC Thread for Canadians

1,121 posts in this topic

At the consulate they give you a number then call those numbers in relative order. Window 1 calls 1,4,7 etc.. window 2 calls 2,5, etc... there are 3 windows for CR1. Regardless of your appointment time, show up early. I was at mine by 630 am (maybe earlier.)

You can leave after your interview. My flight was at 2pm. More than enough time since I was out by 9am(ish).

You dont always get confirmation of the NVC receiving EP emails however you can still call and inquire.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

pretty sad to wake up to a checklist email (FOR PART 5, LINE 19 ADJUSTED INCOME) after calling today and asking if my AOS package was reviewed and was told NO.

But any progress is good progress is good progress right??? :crying: :crying: :crying::cry: :cry: :cry:

27-09-2013: MARRIED :)

USCIS

23-10-2013: Filed I-130 (TSC)
17-05-2014: NOA2 I-130 Approved!

NVC
02-06-2014: Case arrived at NVC
20-06-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-07-2014: DS-261 submitted
08-07-2014: AOS fee invoiced
09-07-2014: AOS fee paid

09-07-2014: NVC said they rec'd DS-261
11-07-2014: AOS package emailed

05-08-2014: IV package emailed
03-09-2014: IV fee invoiced
03-09-2014: IV fee paid

04-09-2014: DS-260 completed

09-09-2014: Checklist Received (I-864ez form, income)
12-09-2014: checklist sent (LAST SCAN DATE)

06-11-2014: Case Complete

Last Leg of the Journey

17-11-2014: Medical (Dr Mascarenhas - Toronto)
18-12-2014: Interview (APPROVED :) )

23-12-2014: Visa Received

24-12-2014: POE (Ambassador Bridge, Detroit-about 35mins processing)

Timeline

Hi & welcome :)

I'm in Ontario... we've just started the spousal application (CR1) by sending off the I-130... and we have a lot of waiting ahead of us. Optimally, if you really do your research & homework, and are prepared for each step, it appears start to end is taking 10-12 months for Canadians.

We decided to go this route so that once I get to the US I can start applying for work right away. From what I've been reading here, the US is not processing the K-3's as much (seems like they're trying to phase it out or something) so if you're already married, the IR1/CR1 would probably be your best bet.

There is A LOT of really great info within these forums which has helped a tonne!! For me, the info about being able to still visit my husband while going through the process was invaluable. I just drive across the border, but carry with me a folder of paperwork - copies of the petitions, the NOA1 we just got, and all the ties back to Canada showing that I am returning....

Best wishes!!

Best of luck to you! I too, am moving to Michigan, tho sadly live 3200 miles away from hubby, so no weekend visits!! I'm near the end of the long year of wading through this ridiculously broken immigration system, but I have my interview in Montreal (cause it makes sense that someone from BC has to go to Montreal, yes?? Argh) Oct 22, then will start winding down my life here for an anticipated move on December 25th!

Hope things move more quickly for you, and that you don't have any delays!

Peace.

:goofy:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure!

Read through both of these links.

Saylin's wiki linked first, has good information on EP (electronic processing) which is what you're referring to. And yes, you would take the original documents to the interview. If you don't do EP, you send originals plus photocopies so that you receive the originals back at the inteview, and they keep the photocopies.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

hey there!

I sent all my documents through snail mail, but I didn't send copies along with the originals?! Do you think this will delay the process?

Can't they just photocopy them! I Sure hope so! :)

Timeline

Best of luck to you! I too, am moving to Michigan, tho sadly live 3200 miles away from hubby, so no weekend visits!! I'm near the end of the long year of wading through this ridiculously broken immigration system, but I have my interview in Montreal (cause it makes sense that someone from BC has to go to Montreal, yes?? Argh) Oct 22, then will start winding down my life here for an anticipated move on December 25th!

Hope things move more quickly for you, and that you don't have any delays!

Peace.

:goofy:

I've not been on the site lately but I'm so glad to see you're interview date is set Sylea! I'll be thinking of you on Oct 22 :luv:

hey there!

I sent all my documents through snail mail, but I didn't send copies along with the originals?! Do you think this will delay the process?

Can't they just photocopy them! I Sure hope so! :)

I highly doubt they'll photocopy them, but do you have an extra set of copies you can take along with you to exchange with them at the interview?

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

I've not been on the site lately but I'm so glad to see you're interview date is set Sylea! I'll be thinking of you on Oct 22 :luv:

I highly doubt they'll photocopy them, but do you have an extra set of copies you can take along with you to exchange with them at the interview?

They'll photocopy them if you ask at the interview, but they may grumble.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hey Lakehouse thanks!! Sent you a PM, chat to you soon!! :)

Got my 'official' interview letter (P4) by email today, now just trying to get my medical booked!! Anyone else in the West having a hard time getting a reply from Dr Cheema's office?? I've sent 2 emails and left a phone message, but so far no reply.....

Peace.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So randomnly not that it's really related - I had my AOS interview (from K1) in Washington. When we were AOSing I had brought originals and photocopies of everything but we had recently found out we were pregnant and just had our first ultrasound pictures so I brought them along last minute as we walked out the door. The interviewer actually asked if he could have them and I was like "uh... I'd like to keep those... " and then he said "oh ok I'll just copy them then" and went down the hall, made a copy and came back. So at least in an AOS interview they have the ability to photocopy!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For those that did EP, can there be more than 5MB of attachements in the e-mail as long as each individual attachment is less than 5MB, or does each e-mail need to be less than 5MB?

Started dating (online) June 2007

Met November 2007

Engaged August 2008

Married January 2009

He moved to Canada May 2009

Had a baby December 2011

USCIS

Mailed I-130 form-12/28/2013

Cheque cashed- 1/10/2014

NOA1- 1/15/2014

Priority date- 1/07/2014

Email saying our address was changed (we did not change it) 7/4/2014

NOA2-7/7/2014

NVC

NVC Received Case- 7/28/2014

Case number and IIN- 8/11/2014

DS-261 Completed- 8/11/2014

AOS Invoiced- 8/12/2014

AOS Paid- 8/18/2014

AOS and IV packages sent to NVC (EP) 9/12/2014

AOS Scan Date 9/12/2014 or 9/15/2014 (depending on the agent)

IV Scan Date 9/12/2014 or 9/16/2014 (depending on the agent)

DS-261 Accepted and IV Invoice- 9/19/2014 (One week after the price increase :ranting: )

IV fee paid 10/02/2014

DS-260 completed-10/03/2014

CASE COMPLETE- 11/06/2014

Medical- 12/9/2014

Interview- 12/18/2014-APPROVED!

Passport picked up from Embassy by Loomis- 12/19/2014

Passport ready for pick up at Loomis office in Ottawa- 12/22/2014

POE (easy peasy) - 1/3/2015

SS Card Arrived 1/14/2015

Green Card Arrived- 1/31/2015

I'm not sure their servers will take emails larger than that size. So if you need to send multiple emails to make sure they're recieved.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I had the same question. I found this online website which compresses PDF files very nicely, and the compressed file quality is still very good. I have tried a couple of similar online sites, the is one seems to be the best of the ones I tried:

http://smallpdf.com.

I'm not sure their servers will take emails larger than that size. So if you need to send multiple emails to make sure they're recieved.

For those that did EP, can there be more than 5MB of attachements in the e-mail as long as each individual attachment is less than 5MB, or does each e-mail need to be less than 5MB?

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

Timeline

We will be submitting our I-130 soon, and, have decided against filing for a K-3 and going for the CR-1 instead. I hope it only takes a year like it has for many others.

I feel like I have ADHD sometimes as I keep re-reading what forms, and when, and, how, and, rrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh. Ok, one step and one day at a time, I tell myself.

It's really encouraging seeing all the folks that are going for interviews soon. Woohoo! I wish all of you well, and, success.

We will be submitting our I-130 soon, and, have decided against filing for a K-3 and going for the CR-1 instead. I hope it only takes a year like it has for many others.

I feel like I have ADHD sometimes as I keep re-reading what forms, and when, and, how, and, rrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh. Ok, one step and one day at a time, I tell myself.

It's really encouraging seeing all the folks that are going for interviews soon. Woohoo! I wish all of you well, and, success.

are you in Vancouver?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.