Sylea

NVC Thread for Canadians

1,121 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, Call Tuesday. Monday is Labor Day. Congrats!!

You did snail mail, I hope EP isnt too far behind :/

Actually turns out our lawyer filed everything electronically on July 8, she originally said she was going to snail mail. So it still took pretty close to 60 days. Whatever, I'm just glad it's moving again. But am ironically hoping I don't have an interview before Oct 6th - holidays are booked and paid for. LOL

Not sure if I'll call or not, our lawyer is very good, I know she'll let me know as soon as she's sending all the documents back to me.

Have a great long weekend everyone!!

:luv:

Timeline

Actually turns out our lawyer filed everything electronically on July 8, she originally said she was going to snail mail. So it still took pretty close to 60 days. Whatever, I'm just glad it's moving again. But am ironically hoping I don't have an interview before Oct 6th - holidays are booked and paid for. LOL

Not sure if I'll call or not, our lawyer is very good, I know she'll let me know as soon as she's sending all the documents back to me.

Really?! That means hopefully we will have CC next week!!!!! I COULD HUG YOU!!!!!!

Timeline

Sorry about that outburst, just really needed to hear some good news. You should be fine with your holiday as it looks like interviews are being made about 6 weeks out so, mid october for you (and hopefully me as well!!)

Timeline

I sure hope yours comes through this week as well!!

And yeah, hubby's airline ticket is paid for and I've prepaid our hotel in Victoria, so will be a little miffed if I get my interview between Sept 25-28! But I think it's likely to be late October.

Like my hubby says, in the big scheme of things, if our anniversary holiday gets interrupted by my interview, we'll just mark the extra cost as part of this whole ridiculous process. LOL

I'm excited, terrified, anxious and elated.

Cheers!

Make sure to get your originals back from the lawyer to take to interview.

Case complete right now will likely mean interview date in the first week of sept for an early Oct interview.

early - mid

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Make sure to get your originals back from the lawyer to take to interview.

Case complete right now will likely mean interview date in the first week of sept for an early Oct interview.

early - mid

Yes, my lawyer has already said she will courier back all originals to me.

I'm a bit confused by 'interview date in the first week of Sept for an early Oct interview"???

You mean I'll get a letter with my interview date sometime in the next couple weeks, with an interview likely scheduled for mid October? At least, that's how it went in my mind.

:)

Yes that's exactly what I meant.

Montreal normally schedules interviews in the first two weeks of the month for the whole of the next month. So if you have a case complete, from the middle to the end of the month, you get an interview date at the beginning of the next one.

Example:

Had my CC Apr 15,

Got interview date on May 1

Interview for June 3

-------------------

someone else

had CC on Apr 12

Got interview date Apr 13

interview May 29

--------------------

Makes sense?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Ok got it. So I get CC Aug 29, get interview date letter first week September, for interview first or second week October or thereabouts. That works. Freaks me out, but it works. LOL

All this waiting and all of a sudden it's almost here. I feel SO disorganized! (except for my interview binder....)

Cheers!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Question for those who did EP- did you actually write the NVC case number on upper right corner of each document? Or did you only put the NVC case number, name and document name in the pdf document title? The NVC instructions for EP only say name each scanned file/document, with case number, name and document name. However Saylin's wiki says to also hand write or text type NVC case number on upper right corner of each document.

What are most people doing for EP?

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My parents call 10-10-925 and then whatever the number is when they make long distance calls on their cell phones. It's 5 cents a minute. My husband's phone plan includes unlimited North American minutes, so we don't worry about it.

I didn't find that it took too long to get the e-mail with my case number. I was approved on July 7th, and got the email of August 11th. I called on July 28th and they had just received it that day and told me to wait 30 business days. We were on vacation when we got the e-mail.

Thanks! I'm on vacation now so I'm not even in visa mode right now. It's a nice change of pace for the brain. I'll pick up where I left off when I get back to Canada...and work...and real life... :clock:

I used gmail on my computer. It has a google voice feature (not available on phones anymore) and was completely free.

Thanks NLR! I will try that. I am always connected to a network, and "free" is a good thing.. :)

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Question for those who did EP- did you actually write the NVC case number on upper right corner of each document? Or did you only put the NVC case number, name and document name in the pdf document title? The NVC instructions for EP only say name each scanned file/document, with case number, name and document name. However Saylin's wiki says to also hand write or text type NVC case number on upper right corner of each document.

I'd like to know this as well. Also I'd like to hear from anyone who has experienced with sending their IV package in early via EP.

Started dating (online) June 2007

Met November 2007

Engaged August 2008

Married January 2009

He moved to Canada May 2009

Had a baby December 2011

USCIS

Mailed I-130 form-12/28/2013

Cheque cashed- 1/10/2014

NOA1- 1/15/2014

Priority date- 1/07/2014

Email saying our address was changed (we did not change it) 7/4/2014

NOA2-7/7/2014

NVC

NVC Received Case- 7/28/2014

Case number and IIN- 8/11/2014

DS-261 Completed- 8/11/2014

AOS Invoiced- 8/12/2014

AOS Paid- 8/18/2014

AOS and IV packages sent to NVC (EP) 9/12/2014

AOS Scan Date 9/12/2014 or 9/15/2014 (depending on the agent)

IV Scan Date 9/12/2014 or 9/16/2014 (depending on the agent)

DS-261 Accepted and IV Invoice- 9/19/2014 (One week after the price increase :ranting: )

IV fee paid 10/02/2014

DS-260 completed-10/03/2014

CASE COMPLETE- 11/06/2014

Medical- 12/9/2014

Interview- 12/18/2014-APPROVED!

Passport picked up from Embassy by Loomis- 12/19/2014

Passport ready for pick up at Loomis office in Ottawa- 12/22/2014

POE (easy peasy) - 1/3/2015

SS Card Arrived 1/14/2015

Green Card Arrived- 1/31/2015

Timeline

I'd like to know this as well. Also I'd like to hear from anyone who has experienced with sending their IV package in early via EP.

I decided to do EP because it saved me money and I could keep my originals.

I downloaded a free version of adobe (the newest one) and used that to shirk my MB size and add my case number to the top of each page. Saylin makes an excellent point in the WIKI to do that because we really don't know what they do with our documents. (if they print it out, just look at the attachment, roll it up into a ball and play basketball LOL)

After that 60 day email was sent out I also decided to go ahead and send my IV package even though my fee wasn't ready to be paid because I PRAY and HOPE that it will save some time. But who knows really.

Hope that helps you guys

27-09-2013: MARRIED :)

USCIS

23-10-2013: Filed I-130 (TSC)
17-05-2014: NOA2 I-130 Approved!

NVC
02-06-2014: Case arrived at NVC
20-06-2014: Case # and IIN assigned
07-07-2014: DS-261 submitted
08-07-2014: AOS fee invoiced
09-07-2014: AOS fee paid

09-07-2014: NVC said they rec'd DS-261
11-07-2014: AOS package emailed

05-08-2014: IV package emailed
03-09-2014: IV fee invoiced
03-09-2014: IV fee paid

04-09-2014: DS-260 completed

09-09-2014: Checklist Received (I-864ez form, income)
12-09-2014: checklist sent (LAST SCAN DATE)

06-11-2014: Case Complete

Last Leg of the Journey

17-11-2014: Medical (Dr Mascarenhas - Toronto)
18-12-2014: Interview (APPROVED :) )

23-12-2014: Visa Received

24-12-2014: POE (Ambassador Bridge, Detroit-about 35mins processing)

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the reply, Karebear.

Any other EP folks who emailed their IV package before IV fee was available to pay, please chime in.

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.