Fandango

Tell us a story

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
cos you can't be gay in a lil village without gettin major chew :(

Even if it makes you the only gay in the village? :lol:

lol, claim your prize!

oi you guys are not giving enuff detail!!! fffs...look at all I typed and look at you guys :angry:

Get crackin!

I lived in Ham (not West Ham), near Kingston-upon-Thames until I was about three I think, so don't really remember much of that... remember Richmond Park though, that was a very nice place if i recall!

I lived in near Portsmouth from then on, a place called Horndean. It was generally a nice place, we lived sort of in the country, and it wasn't far to get to some lovely quiet pubs in the middle of nowhere. Portsmouth isn't really my cup of tea... but there are some nice bits that are quite new, like Gunwharf Quays, which are a lot nicer than the old parts of Portsmouth. many a night I spent on Guildhall Walk when I was 18/19, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to go down there anymore!

For the past 4 years I lived in Oxford as I was at University. I lived right in the centre of town, and it was such a lovely place to live. Right near all the best pubs shops and kebab vans Oxford had to offer! I miss kebab vans...It was always cold though, must be all the rivers...

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

After my grandfather died my dad brought me all my grandfathers medals to research. Half from England half from the US. It is utterly amazing what that generation went through.

It is amazing. My husband is from Folkestone -- on a clear day, you can see France. There are some pretty good stories in his family about what that was like when it was occupied France. My father-in-law watched the Battle of Britain being fought outside his bedroom window. It must have been weird and frightening to know how close the enemy was.

Teacher Lisa -- I will write more on my essay when I get back from my meeting!

Edited by robinklake

90day.jpg

After my grandfather died my dad brought me all my grandfathers medals to research. Half from England half from the US. It is utterly amazing what that generation went through.

It is amazing. My husband is from Folkestone -- on a clear day, you can see France. There are some pretty good stories in his family about what that was like when it was occupied France. My father-in-law watched the Battle of Britain being fought outside his bedroom window. It must have been weird and frightening to know how close the enemy was.

Wow that must be cool!

oh and don't make me get out my ruler :devil:

That is insane!! and simply amazing at that! My Chris is a history buff..mainly World Wars...he finds all of it so interesting!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
I lived in Ham (not West Ham), near Kingston-upon-Thames until I was about three I think, so don't really remember much of that... remember Richmond Park though, that was a very nice place if i recall!

I lived in near Portsmouth from then on, a place called Horndean. It was generally a nice place, we lived sort of in the country, and it wasn't far to get to some lovely quiet pubs in the middle of nowhere. Portsmouth isn't really my cup of tea... but there are some nice bits that are quite new, like Gunwharf Quays, which are a lot nicer than the old parts of Portsmouth. many a night I spent on Guildhall Walk when I was 18/19, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to go down there anymore!

For the past 4 years I lived in Oxford as I was at University. I lived right in the centre of town, and it was such a lovely place to live. Right near all the best pubs shops and kebab vans Oxford had to offer! I miss kebab vans...It was always cold though, must be all the rivers...

I lived in Lovedean for a while though a lot of my neighbours preferred to say we were in Horndean :D

I went to Uni mostly in Portsmouth and really liked Old Portsmouth but there are quite a few places that I wouldn't want to go back to.

I always enjoyed going to Petersfield rather than Portsmouth.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Before I moved out to Toledo, I lived in a suburb of North London called Woodside Park(part of North Finchley), which was right near the dreaded Northern Line(London Underground for those not familiar with London's subway network). It was a nice area actually, I was about 10 min walk from the local shops, about 30 mins south of the countryside(near the border of London and Hertfordshire).

I recognize so many of the places you other Londoners are talking about 'cos I used to work for HM Revenue & Customs in Angel Islington(right on the corner of Upper Street and Pentonville Road). It's right opposite 'Slimelight' on Torrens Street(any Goths out there will know what that place is, my wife was one!). I used to take the WAGN(renamed to First Capital Connect last year)train from New Southgate to Essex Road and take a bus from there down Essex Road, since I stopped using the underground after the dreadful events of July 7th 2005(both my wife and I were caught up in it, very scary). Had fun waiting for the buses I can tell you! I hated that route so much! Used to have to wait for ages when the buses were all packed and they wouldn't even stop at Essex Road. I could've walked from there to Upper Street, but I was always lazy! :lol:

Toledo is so different to London in many ways. A lot more down-to-earth and everyone seems real friendly. I miss London a lot, but I don't miss the way you would go into Central London and all the people down there would seem so rude, bumping into you along Piccadilly Circus and not even saying 'Excuse me'. I definitely don't miss the diabolical London transport though, especially the 'Misery Line'(I'm talking about the Northern Line, with all its delays and cancellations)

Anthony & Caitlin's Visa Journey

======================

Oct 2001 - Met on an internet dating website

10/21/2001 - Met in person for the first time in London!

Nov 2002 - Anthony & Caitlin get engaged in London!

03/20/2003 - Anthony & Caitlin get married in the UK :)

04/30/2005 - I-130 completed and sent off

05/03/2005 - Forgot to send it Marriage certificate, sent by post!

05/09/2005 - London Embassy notifies us of receipt of I-130

06/02/2005 - Pkt 3 received

08/02/2005 - Pkt 3 completed and sent back

09/30/2005 - Pkt 4 received - Interview date set for 4th November

09/09/2005 - First child is born! Baby girl named Brianna :)

Sept 2005 - Went to get up-to-date TD and MMR shots at local doctors

10/17/2005 - Medical exam in London

11/04/2005 - Interview at London Embassy - GOT THE VISA!!

04/30/2006 - First trip back to the States since getting visa - MRIV in passport stamped!

05/09/2006 - Flew back to the UK to complete sale of apartment

05/17/2006 - Received 'Welcome to the United States' letter

05/30/2006 - Green Card arrives in mail!! - Waiting for SSN now

07/10/2006 - The big move to Ohio!!

07/11/2006 - SSN doesn't arrive in mail, Anthony applies in person

07/18/2006 - Received SSN!!

08/22/2006 - Anthony gets his Ohio drivers license - journey is finally complete!!

Read my POE Experience in Newark

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Actually, by the time I left London in December, the Northern Line was one of the best on the network. The Central and District lines are by FAR the worst. They both had delays every day AND for significant amounts of time too.

I have a soft spot for the old Northern Line. In the 6 years I used it I could count on one hand the amount of times I was delayed.

Actually, by the time I left London in December, the Northern Line was one of the best on the network. The Central and District lines are by FAR the worst. They both had delays every day AND for significant amounts of time too.

I have a soft spot for the old Northern Line. In the 6 years I used it I could count on one hand the amount of times I was delayed.

I hated the Northern Line. Took me 35 mins to get from Clapham Common-Angel!!! And if you dared try to ride it in the morning rush from Clapham, at least 3 would go by COMPLETELY FULL with no room to get on.

C&D always had way more delays.

I prefer the bus!

I was in London for three weeks in September, and then two weeks over the holidays, and we'd take the 4 bus to Waterloo (where my fiance's office is). Once in a while we'd take the tube from Arsenal station.

I'm from the SF Bay Area, and I was quite jealous of tube trains that came every three minutes! On BART it can be every 20 minutes, if it's not commute time.

We'd visit his folks in Kent by going to Victoria and taking the Southeastern line. A bit of a trek, but I enjoyed the scenery.

Edited by psho

AOS:

02/29/2008 - Wedding Day!

03/29/2008 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago registered mail

04/04/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04-10-2008 - Check cashed!

04-12-2008 - NOA1s arrive for AP & AOS

04-18-2008 - Biometrics appt letter arrives

04-29-2008 - Biometrics appointment!

04-30-2008 - AOS status shows up online

05-16-2008 - AP status shows up online - both AP & AOS are touched!

06-05-2008 - AP touched and email sent saying AP has been approved

06-12-2008 - AP arrives in the mail

07-10-2008 - Interview letter arrives - interview scheduled for 09/05/08

09-05-2008 - Interview in SF (don't bring your cellphone!) -- approved! Email sent saying card has been ordered!

09-13-2008 - Welcome to the United States letter arrives

09-15-2008 - Green card arrives in the mail! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

oh the number 4 bus and Essex Road wagn line (scariest train station in the universe...get me out of here!!!!), Im feeling nostalgic and I havent even moved yet!

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

I also HATE the Northern Line, though it was made memorable by the time someone came on and peeled an entire garlic from kennington to camden and then proceeded to eat it.

I remember when the Central Line derailed a few years back and there was no service out west -- no tube for Shepherd's Bush to Central London.

I also remember that the Jubilee Line could occasionally have 17 minutes between them during rush hour.

Fun times, people, fun times....

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.