Cairo, Street market - dec 2006

358713910_8e908fc629.jpg

sunset over the nile

342605079_1b62d1937a.jpg

Spice market in old Cairo

Eid - warning, picture of cow head

340628855_52cfa6d6f3.jpg

Hatshepsut Temple in Luxor

Sound and Lights show at the Pyramids - we went to this when my family was in Egypt. Before we left, we were watching "The Spy who Loved Me," the James Bond picture that is partly in Egypt. In the film, in 1977, Bond sees the Sound and Lights show at the Pyramids. We go to the show, and it's the same one from 1977 :lol: Ohhh, so cheesy!

50351487_26332184d8.jpg

Azhar Park in Cairo - haven't been here yet, but it's on my list of places to go next time I'm there. I really hope Egypt gets a handle on it's pollution issues. I sneezed black snot the entire time I was there. Ick!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
50351487_26332184d8.jpg

Azhar Park in Cairo - haven't been here yet, but it's on my list of places to go next time I'm there. I really hope Egypt gets a handle on it's pollution issues. I sneezed black snot the entire time I was there. Ick!

Hahahaha, I remember that black snot so well . . . get some of the bottled saline solution that you can use to shoot up your nose . . . helps to clean it out! Last March, it was the annual sand storm thing going on and I could barely go outside . . . couldn't see the sun for all the sand on a few days!!

I ate at the restaurant that they have at Azhar Park (seemed like it was at the top of the hill) . . . at night, so I didn't see the rest of the park, but the food was good.

Edited by cbd2cai

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I ate at the restaurant that they have at Azhar Park (seemed like it was at the top of the hill) . . . at night, so I didn't see the rest of the park, but the food was good.

I love going to these kinds of parks at night. They have quite a few right along the nile in downtown, and you can stroll along hand in hand - very romantic. There are guys selling flowers outside, and people inside who will bring you hot tea or soda. It's perfect for a late night Cairo date.

I looked for a picture of some of these waterfront parks, but all I could find was this interesting paper on the privatization of the Cairo waterfront.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Awww Bridget I feel you girl :) I have two tshirts (one is the one he was wearing the first day I met him online) and his white galabiya which is so huge and long that I feel like a little girl wearing her dad's clothes. I slept with the tshirts for a long time after I returned from Egypt. I still smells faintly of him a year later.

I'm sooo blonde. DUH. I was crying most of the afternoon and called Usama and ended up lying down for an hour or so with a wonderfully smelly turtleneck that he gave me that he hadn't washed for a few days. Totally smells like him.

Anyhoo i was like ####### triggered this feeling that my heart is being pulled until it's paper thin.......I was doing soooooooooooo good for the past few days.

Well duh...it's this thread and specifically the picture of Giza with the pyramids. I remember standing just to the left of that picture waiting for one of those minivan things to take us back to our flat. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Anyways have fun with this 'cause I can't view it anymore, even though it's all beautiful.

And if anyone has a problem with the pics..you have a choice to get the heck outta dodge and stop viewing the freakin' thread. Geesh. :angry:

Edited by moody

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morocco looks cleaner than Egypt (trash everywhere!) How's the pollution?

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok i'm back in here.

Is it just me or does Morocco wicked blow doors off of Egypt????????

I mean the streets there look clean, the houses are so quaint looking, etc. etc.

Morocco looks cleaner than Egypt (trash everywhere!) How's the pollution?

jinx, you owe me a Coke!!! :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Awww Bridget I feel you girl :) I have two tshirts (one is the one he was wearing the first day I met him online) and his white galabiya which is so huge and long that I feel like a little girl wearing her dad's clothes. I slept with the tshirts for a long time after I returned from Egypt. I still smells faintly of him a year later.
I'm sooo blonde. DUH. I was crying most of the afternoon and called Usama and ended up lying down for an hour or so with a wonderfully smelly turtleneck that he gave me that he hadn't washed for a few days. Totally smells like him.

Anyhoo i was like ####### triggered this feeling that my heart is being pulled until it's paper thin.......I was doing soooooooooooo good for the past few days.

Well duh...it's this thread and specifically the picture of Giza with the pyramids. I remember standing just to the left of that picture waiting for one of those minivan things to take us back to our flat. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Anyways have fun with this 'cause I can't view it anymore, even though it's all beautiful.

And if anyone has a problem with the pics..you have a choice to get the heck outta dodge and stop viewing the freakin' thread. Geesh. :angry:

The first time I smelled it at home I was bawling my eyes out and wasn't looking at what I was doing...................I nudged my nose right into it and then started cracking up laughing 'cause I had just buried my nose into the armpit of the shirt!!! OMG was that a wake up call!! Made me laugh though so it did the trick. :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Thanks to JP posting pics of Jordan, we will not be driving to Florida for our vacation.

The end of February, we will be flying out of Ohare, together, to Jordan!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: We will have 10 days to reconnect with family and friends and eat wonderful food. It has been 2 1/2 years since Mohammed has been home. The planned trip to Florida, just didn't seem right. We had no real destination in mind and when I crunched the numbers, it is only about $1000 more to make the trip to Jordan. So when I proposed the change in destination, his eyes lit up and giddily we started making plans for Jordan.

Thanks JP! :thumbs: After 3 trips to the ME, and leaving him behind 3 times, we get to fly in together and not have to say goodbye.

Jackie (F)

Thanks to JP posting pics of Jordan, we will not be driving to Florida for our vacation.

The end of February, we will be flying out of Ohare, together, to Jordan!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: We will have 10 days to reconnect with family and friends and eat wonderful food. It has been 2 1/2 years since Mohammed has been home. The planned trip to Florida, just didn't seem right. We had no real destination in mind and when I crunched the numbers, it is only about $1000 more to make the trip to Jordan. So when I proposed the change in destination, his eyes lit up and giddily we started making plans for Jordan.

Thanks JP! :thumbs: After 3 trips to the ME, and leaving him behind 3 times, we get to fly in together and not have to say goodbye.

Jackie (F)

Jackie (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie (F)

You are welcome. Take me with you :crying: or stuff my fiance in your bags and bring him back. :whistle: lol

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've got a picture of some trash in Morocco, but I didn't think that anyone would want to see it! I'll upload it when I get home. :lol:

I remember I took a picture of the trash because it was right in the middle of a "nice" neighborhood. It blew my mind that people who lived in these well-kept houses would tolerate an empty lot with rubbish all over it in the neighborhood. But then again, I'm not really familiar with how trash pick-up etc. works over there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.