Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

From http://www.flickr.com/groups/egypt/

346988673_95ce5c9918.jpg

Cairo Evening - downtown by the Egyptian museum

345586314_1dd73aafc7.jpg

Nile Ferry at Luxor

338417156_e69eacedf4.jpg

Food vendor - I loved to get food from the little carts. Probably not the healthiest thing in the world to do, but meh.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying her pictures arents truthful, im just saying they are political. you can always choose what to post.

i choose to show israels beauty, not its faults, which is def has. why cant WOM also choose to show ramallahs beauty? i know its there.

i agree with the last post. would you respond this way if i had shown israeli victems first? shes showing one side, does that mean i should show the other so we can fight about it?

i was simply asking her to be respectful. show your beauty, not the hatred for the other side

I think if any hatred is exposed by the pictures WOM posted, it is not her hatred for Israel, but the other way around.

Suicide bombings and kidnappings are deplorable. I absolutely condemn both. However, to compare these infrequent, heinous acts to the the injustices Palestinians face on a daily basis is shocking and I think it is exactly this attitude that results in the conflict never being solved.

Filed: Other Timeline
i thought this was to show the beauty and such of MENA. would you like me to start posting pictures of suicide bomb remains? of my boyfriends uncle beaten to a pulp after being kidnapped by palestinians?

im sure there are things that better represent ramallah than these. ive been, i know it has its beauty.

seriously, play nice

While I agree with you to some extent about showing the beauty of MENA, there is an obvious reality to WOM's pictures. If you do a google search for photo's of Ramallah, all you will find is photos similar to these and worse. Maybe it would be better fitting to post photos of Ramallah before all the conflict began in the Middle East but where to find them, and do they represent what is left today? This is all that is left to show for the most part. Although these places are beautiful and always will be, they no longer hold the beauty they once did.

I don't see these photo's as being political and I don't even know why you are getting defensive about them. She didn't post anything that is not true or any remarks that are directed to anyone. Israel has also suffered indeed, but Israel still holds it beauty and always will because it has the resources to pick up and move on as do many other MENA countries that have been attacked by terrorists.

JP, this is exactly what I'd say if my blood wasn't boiling right now. Thank you.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

The Non-Touristy side of Cairo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixinalasidra.../in/pool-egypt/ - can't put the pic up here, but do click. This is a pervasive side to Cairo, a city I love dearly. Trash trash everywhere.

Family outside a mosque in Tanta - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixinalasidra.../in/pool-egypt/ - can't put this pic up either. My sweetie went to university in Tanta.

331573416_0f6e75930b.jpg

Peddler - ahh, I love and hate these guys. It's nice to have fresh fruit right outside your apartment, but on the other hand, do they really need to start yelling that they have fresh figs at 5 am?

182011577_395734f994.jpg

Mosque of Ibn Tulun. It was being rennovated the last time I was there. I wonder if they've finished

323517413_4fffd14275.jpg

Nubian girl

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

WOW ok I for one thought the pyramids were in the middle of the desert! How very strange to have that as your view from your house...who would have ever thunked it? LOL

Wendy

The pyramids at Giza. I think most people have the impression that they're off in the middle of the desert, and you have to ride camels to get to them, but Giza (suburb/twin city of Cairo) butts up right next to them. Giza is the place we stayed the first time I was in Cairo, 2 miles from the pyramids. I love it and miss it.

egypt110.jpg

Minaret at Al Azhar, beautiful masjid.

Timeline

I will have to scan some pictures my husband took during his stint as an accountant in Sharm el Sheikh, October 2004 to May 2005. In July 2005, Sharm was bombed. Several of the places my husband took pictures no longer exist.

_41335543_oldmarket_300_ap.jpg

Old Market. I have a picture of my husband standing about 20 feet to the right of this location

irhal.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rahma I'm really enjoying the pics you posted and look forward to checking out the links later tonight when I'm home.

Everyone else posting, I'm enjoying yours as well.

Thanks to everyone for both the "good" and "bad"

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline

From the Muslim Cultures flickr group

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelchung/.../in/pool-islam/ - colorful house - Morocco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelchung/...57594384293248/ - more of Michael Chun's Morocco pictures - beautiful beautiful rich colors. Seriously, I want to live in an all blue neighborhood

317108852_c4fda32baa.jpg

Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Muscat - Sultanate of Oman, 02 December 2006, Cloudy day

317116761_d7dc3d7e90.jpg

Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Muscat - Sultanate of Oman, 02 December 2006, Cloudy day

317112218_c7f33e8463.jpg

Al Mirani Fort in Muscat and front of it Alkhor Mosque- Sultanate of Oman, 03 December 2006, on a rainy day

350264300_86edff70bf.jpg

Sana'a Old City, UNESCO World Heritage site in YEMEN.

350140843_ffb4d6a6ac.jpg

Sana'a Old City, UNESCO World Heritage site in YEMEN

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
How is she not being respectful!!!!! Just because you don't agree with her photos, there are many that do. These photos show the only reality that is left for Palestine. You have a choice of which photos to show for Israel. You can show photos of damaged buildings from bombings as can I in Jordan, but the difference is we have alot more beauty to show. This is all that is left for them, do you not get that?

look, i understand that. you can even leave the pictures up. but look at her titles! "kristalnacht!???" youre going to tell me that titling a picture of palestinian territory with a name from a ww2 jewish masacre is not political?

please. i was hoping to find people with similar thoughts and respectful discussion here. i know why there is so much drama.

and they do have a choice. israelis are not barbarians. we can argue this until we are blue in the face. ramallah and the west bank have a lot of beauty to show. there are plenty of arabs living in israel proper who have plenty of beauty to show. ive never been to gaza, and ive only ever seen pictures from before the disengagement so i cant talk about that now.

please, what does the conflict have to do with this forum? i thought it was a place where people from MENA can come together to discuss the visa process, not tear down other world views

Feb 16, 2007 I-129F SENT

Feb 17, 2007 I-129F recieved by CSC

Feb 20, 2007 NOA 1

Feb 23, 2007 touch

Feb 26, 2007 NOA 1 recieved in mail

May 9, 2007 NOA2!!!!! we are on our way!

May 23, 2007 NVC finally sends on our case

June 12, 2007 Packet 3

July 27, 2007 Interview

AUG 14, 2007 APPROVED!

Oct 8, 2007 finally together again

Nov 2, 2007 Legally married

Nov 29, 2007 AOS paperwork sent

Dec 3, 2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

Dec 22, 2007 RFE

Jan 15, 2008 RFE returned

Jan 25, 2008 RFE recieved, last touch on AOS

Feb 22, 2008 EAD recieved

Mar 29, 2008 AP application sent... late but just in case

May 2008 AP approved!

Sept 5, 2008 AOS approved!

next dealing with UCIS June 2010

אני לדודי ודודי לי

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Really like all the pictures, nice expressions of life as each of you have seen it

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Timeline
How is she not being respectful!!!!! Just because you don't agree with her photos, there are many that do. These photos show the only reality that is left for Palestine. You have a choice of which photos to show for Israel. You can show photos of damaged buildings from bombings as can I in Jordan, but the difference is we have alot more beauty to show. This is all that is left for them, do you not get that?

look, i understand that. you can even leave the pictures up. but look at her titles! "kristalnacht!???" youre going to tell me that titling a picture of palestinian territory with a name from a ww2 jewish masacre is not political?

please. i was hoping to find people with similar thoughts and respectful discussion here. i know why there is so much drama.

and they do have a choice. israelis are not barbarians. we can argue this until we are blue in the face. ramallah and the west bank have a lot of beauty to show. there are plenty of arabs living in israel proper who have plenty of beauty to show. ive never been to gaza, and ive only ever seen pictures from before the disengagement so i cant talk about that now.

please, what does the conflict have to do with this forum? i thought it was a place where people from MENA can come together to discuss the visa process, not tear down other world views

Nope, it's not only to talk about the visa process. As you can see by the hundreds of threads, the visa process isn't discussed in this forum more than a bit of the time.

Here is the description of the regional discussion forums:

"This Forum is dedicated to discussion on the major regions around the world. Topics of discussion may include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. "

I'd like to hear more about this choice Palestinians have to live in different conditions than they currently do in Palestine.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Nope, it's not only to talk about the visa process. As you can see by the hundreds of threads, the visa process isn't discussed in this forum more than a bit of the time.

I'd like to hear more about this choice Palestinians have to live in different conditions than they currently do in Palestine.

i never said all of them have different conditions. im just saying i know plenty of arabs, and palestinians, who went to school with me IN ISRAEL, who did not live in these conditions, and did not hate israel. there is more than one side to every story, i just get frustrated with the palestinian side is the only side.

its the old conundrum. which came first, the chicken or the egg? who started this, the israelis or the arabs? who is more hurt, the israelis or the arabs? for each fact or opinion you give, i can counter it. and for everything i say, you can counter it.

Feb 16, 2007 I-129F SENT

Feb 17, 2007 I-129F recieved by CSC

Feb 20, 2007 NOA 1

Feb 23, 2007 touch

Feb 26, 2007 NOA 1 recieved in mail

May 9, 2007 NOA2!!!!! we are on our way!

May 23, 2007 NVC finally sends on our case

June 12, 2007 Packet 3

July 27, 2007 Interview

AUG 14, 2007 APPROVED!

Oct 8, 2007 finally together again

Nov 2, 2007 Legally married

Nov 29, 2007 AOS paperwork sent

Dec 3, 2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

Dec 22, 2007 RFE

Jan 15, 2008 RFE returned

Jan 25, 2008 RFE recieved, last touch on AOS

Feb 22, 2008 EAD recieved

Mar 29, 2008 AP application sent... late but just in case

May 2008 AP approved!

Sept 5, 2008 AOS approved!

next dealing with UCIS June 2010

אני לדודי ודודי לי

Timeline
i never said all of them have different conditions. im just saying i know plenty of arabs, and palestinians, who went to school with me IN ISRAEL, who did not live in these conditions, and did not hate israel. there is more than one side to every story, i just get frustrated with the palestinian side is the only side.

Where has anyone expressed a hatred of Israel in this thread?

I would request, as the OP, that any Israel/Palestine debate be moved to it's own thread. Shokran! (thanks!)

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did anyone here say that Israeli's are barbarians? WOM posted photos she thought were fitting and that is really her choice as the thread calls for pretty or unpretty photos. I know there are arabs that live well in Israel and I know many that do, but that is so far outweighed by those who don't. These photos depict the absoulute reality. This forum is about MENA and anything to do with it. This conflict is a part of MENA and always has been, it has everything to do with this forum.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

its the old conundrum. which came first, the chicken or the egg? who started this, the israelis or the arabs? who is more hurt, the israelis or the arabs? for each fact or opinion you give, i can counter it. and for everything i say, you can counter it.

The only person who has posted about hatred for Israel is you. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.