Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Palestinian man turned back at checkpoint

manondonkeyatcheckpointoe7.jpg

Kristallnacht in Ramallah

picture007gy0.jpg

Soldier and Palestinian family at checkpoint

soldieraimsatchildev1.jpg

The Wall at Abu Dis (Palestinian town just outside Jerusalem)

ghettoabudiscl0.jpg

Palestinian man looking at his olive orchard, vandalized by settlers

ownerofdestroyedolivetruc5.jpg

Settler graffiti in Hebron (al Khalil) - "Kahane was right"

kahanewasrighthu2.jpg

Settler graffiti in Hebron (al Khalil)

gasthearabsjdlhm5.jpg

A soldier who wanted to confiscate my camera and film

picture031va9.jpg

Palestinian girl with house key from her family home taken in the Nakba

keybc1.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Palestinian man turned back at checkpoint... etc

i thought this was to show the beauty and such of MENA. would you like me to start posting pictures of suicide bomb remains? of my boyfriends uncle beaten to a pulp after being kidnapped by palestinians?

im sure there are things that better represent ramallah than these. ive been, i know it has its beauty.

seriously, play nice

Feb 16, 2007 I-129F SENT

Feb 17, 2007 I-129F recieved by CSC

Feb 20, 2007 NOA 1

Feb 23, 2007 touch

Feb 26, 2007 NOA 1 recieved in mail

May 9, 2007 NOA2!!!!! we are on our way!

May 23, 2007 NVC finally sends on our case

June 12, 2007 Packet 3

July 27, 2007 Interview

AUG 14, 2007 APPROVED!

Oct 8, 2007 finally together again

Nov 2, 2007 Legally married

Nov 29, 2007 AOS paperwork sent

Dec 3, 2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

Dec 22, 2007 RFE

Jan 15, 2008 RFE returned

Jan 25, 2008 RFE recieved, last touch on AOS

Feb 22, 2008 EAD recieved

Mar 29, 2008 AP application sent... late but just in case

May 2008 AP approved!

Sept 5, 2008 AOS approved!

next dealing with UCIS June 2010

אני לדודי ודודי לי

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Palestinian man turned back at checkpoint... etc

i thought this was to show the beauty and such of MENA. would you like me to start posting pictures of suicide bomb remains? of my boyfriends uncle beaten to a pulp after being kidnapped by palestinians?

im sure there are things that better represent ramallah than these. ive been, i know it has its beauty.

seriously, play nice

i was wondering if anyone else noticed this took a political turn :P

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

seriously, play nice

The first post requesting the pictures said:

Please share pretty (or not so pretty) pictures of the ME/NA.

The pictures WOM posted are a very real part of Palestinian life and to post only pretty pictures would be a misrepresentation of life there, IMO. You also are free to post whatever you choose.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

seriously, play nice

While I agree with you to some extent about showing the beauty of MENA, there is an obvious reality to WOM's pictures. If you do a google search for photo's of Ramallah, all you will find is photos similar to these and worse. Maybe it would be better fitting to post photos of Ramallah before all the conflict began in the Middle East but where to find them, and do they represent what is left today? This is all that is left to show for the most part. Although these places are beautiful and always will be, they no longer hold the beauty they once did.

I don't see these photo's as being political and I don't even know why you are getting defensive about them. She didn't post anything that is not true or any remarks that are directed to anyone. Israel has also suffered indeed, but Israel still holds it beauty and always will because it has the resources to pick up and move on as do many other MENA countries that have been attacked by terrorists.

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm getting a vision of the future...it's becoming clearer...wait...wait...

...I foresee that yet another one of my threads will be closed soon...

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

seriously, play nice

While I agree with you to some extent about showing the beauty of MENA, there is an obvious reality to WOM's pictures. If you do a google search for photo's of Ramallah, all you will find is photos similar to these and worse. Maybe it would be better fitting to post photos of Ramallah before all the conflict began in the Middle East but where to find them, and do they represent what is left today? This is all that is left to show for the most part. Although these places are beautiful and always will be, they no longer hold the beauty they once did.

I don't see these photo's as being political and I don't even know why you are getting defensive about them. She didn't post anything that is not true or any remarks that are directed to anyone. Israel has also suffered indeed, but Israel still holds it beauty and always will because it has the resources to pick up and move on as do many other MENA countries that have been attacked by terrorists.

i wonder if you and others would be so quick to jump to my defense if i posted israeli suicide bombing victims first :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

seriously, play nice

i wonder if you and others would be so quick to jump to my defense if i posted israeli suicide bombing victims first :whistle:

Do you have anything worthy to offer or are you just going to add your lame side comments as usual?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

im not saying her pictures arents truthful, im just saying they are political. you can always choose what to post.

i choose to show israels beauty, not its faults, which is def has. why cant WOM also choose to show ramallahs beauty? i know its there.

i agree with the last post. would you respond this way if i had shown israeli victems first? shes showing one side, does that mean i should show the other so we can fight about it?

i was simply asking her to be respectful. show your beauty, not the hatred for the other side

Feb 16, 2007 I-129F SENT

Feb 17, 2007 I-129F recieved by CSC

Feb 20, 2007 NOA 1

Feb 23, 2007 touch

Feb 26, 2007 NOA 1 recieved in mail

May 9, 2007 NOA2!!!!! we are on our way!

May 23, 2007 NVC finally sends on our case

June 12, 2007 Packet 3

July 27, 2007 Interview

AUG 14, 2007 APPROVED!

Oct 8, 2007 finally together again

Nov 2, 2007 Legally married

Nov 29, 2007 AOS paperwork sent

Dec 3, 2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

Dec 22, 2007 RFE

Jan 15, 2008 RFE returned

Jan 25, 2008 RFE recieved, last touch on AOS

Feb 22, 2008 EAD recieved

Mar 29, 2008 AP application sent... late but just in case

May 2008 AP approved!

Sept 5, 2008 AOS approved!

next dealing with UCIS June 2010

אני לדודי ודודי לי

Timeline

seriously, play nice

Do you have anything worthy to offer or are you just going to add your lame side comments as usual?

to answer your multi-part question: yes :P

i'm just curious, that's all.

eta: i'll take your answer as a no then.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
im not saying her pictures arents truthful, im just saying they are political. you can always choose what to post.

i choose to show israels beauty, not its faults, which is def has. why cant WOM also choose to show ramallahs beauty? i know its there.

i agree with the last post. would you respond this way if i had shown israeli victems first? shes showing one side, does that mean i should show the other so we can fight about it?

i was simply asking her to be respectful. show your beauty, not the hatred for the other side

How is she not being respectful!!!!! Just because you don't agree with her photos, there are many that do. These photos show the only reality that is left for Palestine. You have a choice of which photos to show for Israel. You can show photos of damaged buildings from bombings as can I in Jordan, but the difference is we have alot more beauty to show. This is all that is left for them, do you not get that?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

seriously, play nice

to answer your multi-part question: yes :P

i'm just curious, that's all.

eta: i'll take your answer as a no then.

Charles I am going to try to be as patient with you as I can. No one in here has ever said Israel has not suffered, they most certainly have. However they have alot of beauty still, and they also have the resouces to recover. Jordan was attacked by suicide bombers as was Egypt, but they recovered because they have the resources. This is all that is left of Palestine, so should WOM show photos of things that no longer exist?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

354161400_536457c337.jpg

3 egyptian teenagers, looks to be near the pyramids. I picked it for their hijab style that's apparently all the rage in Cairo - multilayer shayalas. I think they're layering 3 or 4. I've heard that some girls are up to 5 or 6. I can only manage 2 without it getting too heavy and falling off my head :lol:

330654891_c04d84869d.jpg

More Egyptian girls. I love the color.

Edited by rahma

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.