j25037771

Finding Husband in Airport

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Atlanta has 2 exits; north and south. One has all the public transport and the other one goes to car parking. Ask your husband to change a few dollars and get US quarters. Or buy a phone card from a book store. Or you buy a card online and give him the 1-800 number. He can use any payphone and call your phone from inside the terminal and tell you which gate he is coming out from or where he is stuck. Most importantly, ask him not to wander around and not to go far from the gate he came out. Even if he is lost, he can always ask a policeman or any airport staff.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

omg atl has 2 international exit areas? sweet !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

My husband's point of entry will be Atlanta airport. I will pick him up here. I am wondering how hard it will be to find each other though. He won't have a phone with him and I am not sure how long it will take for him to get through immigration. Does anyone have any tips?

Atlanta airport has two separate arrivals terminals for domestic and international. The access to the domestic terminal is on the 75 and the access to the international terminal is on the 85. (Seriously, it makes sense, right?)

If he is arriving on an international flight you can wait for him at the exit from customs in the Int'l terminal. If he is arriving on a domestic flight you can meet him at the baggage claim area, in the domestic terminal.

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Atlanta airport can be a beast, but very sign friendly. There are two important things to remember in Atlanta airport for foreign travelers.

1. Get on the correct train rail car that goes to International baggage. If he gets on domestic baggage claim, it can be awful.

2. Make sure he goes to Internaational Baggage claim.

I am sure there are plenty of nice airport personnel who can help him if he has trouble. Good luck and congratulations on your husband arrival.

International arrivals only come out of one rather small area. There's a waiting area there where families wait for their loved ones. Just park yourself there about 20-30 minutes after his flight's scheduled to land, and wait. You'll see him walking out of that area...easy!

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

You will need to wait on the arrivals level at Concourse F. There is plenty of seating on the left of the walkway where he will be coming out. There is also an information booth where he can have them page you, as others have mentioned, but that probably wont be necessary.

Note: Even if his flight arrives at Concourse E he will still be coming out of Concourse F

All passengers who arrive at Concourse F will process through CBP on Concourse F, whether they are connecting to other flights or finishing their travel in Atlanta.

• Atlanta-bound passengers arriving on Concourse E will pass through a sterile corridor with moving walkways to the CBP area on Concourse F for processing.

greek_american_flag100.gif

Vda4m4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not all airports let you in to the baggage carousel. You definitely cannot do that at JFK. But if he must pass through one door and you are in view of the door, you can't miss.

Still best if he gets a phone. Get the cheapest one he can find with a 3 day phone card and roaming SMS. Does not even need to make roaming voice calls. As long as he can SMS he can update you with his status as he moves through.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We usually use free airport wifi and whatsapp but failing that waiting by the international arrivals gate and checking when the flight lands is pretty foolproof and logical lol.

One time my wife's flight was landing at Terminal 3 Heathrow but her airline told her Terminal 4, cue utter confusion about where we both were as the terminals are a train ride apart and we didn't realise initially that we were at different ones! Luckily she got free wifi and messaged me or we'd probably still be looking for each other now :lol:

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Atlanta airport is crazy so you will have to preplan where to meet. I think it may be easier to meet at baggage claim since the monitors will tell you which flights the luggage belong to you can meet him by his bags!

USCIS Step
01/22/15 I130 sent via UPS to Chicago Lockbox
01/23/15 Delivered
01/26/15 NOA1 email and text received.. sent to VSC.
01/27/15 Check cleared.
02/02/15 NOA1 hardcopy received.. priority date 01/23/2015
02/12/15 Approved (17 days from NOA1)
02/17/15 NOA2 email and text received
02/18/15 NOA2 hardcopy received
NVC Step
03/02/15 NVC Received (18 days from NOA2)
03/05/15 Case number assigned (3 days from NVC receipt)
03/06/15 DS261 & AOS billed
03/09/15 Completed DS261
03/25/15 DS261 Reviewed and accepted over the phone
03/26/15 IV fee invoiced
04/08/15 Paid AOS and IV fee
04/09/15 Payment cleared and D260 available.
04/13/15 Documents sent via UPS overnight
04/14/15 Documents received at NVC and DS260 Completed
04/16/15 NVC scanned documents
05/11/15 Checklist over phone
05/13/15 Mailed out corrected AOS via UPS overnight
05/14/15 Checklist documents received at NVC
05/18/15 NVC scanned checklist documents
06/18/15 Flagged for Supervisor review (past 30days review timeframe)
06/29/15 Hubby's Case Complete :rolleyes: , daughter's still pending :(
07/07/15 Baby girl's Case Complete
09/30/15 Interview Scheduled for 11/05/2015
10/01/15 P4 Email received

ConsulateStep
10/14/15 Case shows "ready"
10/22/15 Medical Completed
11/05/15 Interview - APPROVED

11/06/15 Case shows "Administrative Processing"

11/09/15 Case shows "Issued"

11/11/15 Visa Ready for pick up...picked up on 11/13/15

11/19/15 US Entry (POE Atlanta GA)

<p>USCIS Step (for mom)//09/30/2013 I-130 sent via UPS to Chicago Lockbox/10/06/2013 NOA1 email received10/09/2013/ NOA1 hardcopy received with PD 10/02/2013/03/07/2014 Email received that case being transferred/03/10/2014 Hardcopy received, case transferred to VSC/03/17/2014 NOA2 received via email/03/21/2014 NOA2 hardcopy received. NVC Step ../03/25/2014 NVC received case/ 04/25/2014 Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID# received (Entered in system on 04/24/2014)/05/01/2014 Checked CEAC website and DS-261 available...completed DS-261/05/01/2014 AOS fee invoiced and paid/05/02/2014 AOS documents sent via UPS/05/05/2014 AOS packet delivered and signed for AND AOS fee status shows as paid./05/07/2014 Called NVC and DS-261 accepted. AOS packet not yet showing in system/05/08/2014 IV fee invoiced and paid. IV documents sent via UPS/05/09/2014 IV packet delivered by UPS AND AOS documents entered into system/05/09/2014 IV fee shows paid AND DS-260 available/05/13/2014 Submitted DS-260/05/30/2014 AOS approved (no checklists)/06/05/2014 Case Complete and I did it with no checklists.....YAYYYYY/06/10/2014 Interview Scheduled for 7/15/2014/06/12/2014 P4 received via email.Consulate Step //06/16/2014 Case status shows "In Transit"/06/17/2014 Case status shows " Ready"/06/30/2014 Medical Complete/07/15/2014 Interview-Approved/07/16/2014 Case Status shows "Administrative Processing"/07/17/2014 Case Status shows "Issued" 07/21/2014 Passport ready for pickup/07/23/2014 Visa in Hand<p>

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You will need to wait on the arrivals level at Concourse F. There is plenty of seating on the left of the walkway where he will be coming out. There is also an information booth where he can have them page you, as others have mentioned, but that probably wont be necessary.

Note: Even if his flight arrives at Concourse E he will still be coming out of Concourse F

This ^^

Access to the international terminal is via the 85 freeway...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

We usually use free airport wifi and whatsapp but failing that waiting by the international arrivals gate and checking when the flight lands is pretty foolproof and logical lol.

One time my wife's flight was landing at Terminal 3 Heathrow but her airline told her Terminal 4, cue utter confusion about where we both were as the terminals are a train ride apart and we didn't realise initially that we were at different ones! Luckily she got free wifi and messaged me or we'd probably still be looking for each other now :lol:

Free airport wifi that works. Waiting on that to arrive at LAX. :)

Filed: Country: Panama
Timeline

if he's coming in to ATL on an international flight -

there's only one exit door available to him

and on the other side of that door is a big sign 'International Arrivals'

So - park yerself there by the time of the posted plane's arrival time - and be prepared to wait.

Sooner or later he'll come out of that one exit door - pushing his baggage on a trolley.

Perfect I'll look for the International Arrivals sign!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.