Mythreechiclets

Hello from Saskatchewan!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I won't be taking any medical records, but then again I don't have any substantial medical history that requires attention. If you were to have an extensive history of disease or physician follow-up for serious conditions, maybe it would be worth having the doc prepare something.

ps I'm originally from Sask too! :luv:

Edited by Lakehouse

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

If you have some interesting or different issues (cancer treatment, surgery that you dont rememeber why, etc) then you should bring those records... if you have had a history of depression, you should bring an all clear from your doctor. But in general you will not need it. I've had a tubal ligation, c-section, and surgery on my face and was able to explain them all well enough that nothing more was needed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm following this thread because I am also from Saskatchewan going through the K1 Visa route. Excited to read about someone's journey with the Vancouver Consulate.

Same here! Seems like there is not much on Vancouver and so much on Montreal. I am waiting for NVC to transfer my case right now. Things moving faster than expected. I just wish I knew how long it will be ofr an interview, but I am not quite there yet!

Everything I have read about Vancouver seems like they are pretty good to deal with.

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Timeline

Hi! And welcome! Where are you in the process? :)

Just starting it actually. We are are finished putting together our petition and will be sending it off this month.

Same here! Seems like there is not much on Vancouver and so much on Montreal. I am waiting for NVC to transfer my case right now. Things moving faster than expected. I just wish I knew how long it will be ofr an interview, but I am not quite there yet!

Everything I have read about Vancouver seems like they are pretty good to deal with.

I noticed this too. I was actually wondering if I would have to go to the Montreal Consulate and was hoping not because it looks like flights from Saskatchewan to Vancouver are much cheaper than they are going east. I see that things are moving really fast for you which makes me so much more hopeful that my journey will be just as smooth (fingers crossed). I have already started looking into getting a background check and will need to look into getting my vaccination records and order my long form birth certificate from Alberta (I was born there). I also still have a condo that I hope to have sold before I move so it looks like I should really get a move on these things so that I am prepared!

Timeline

It took about a week until my fiancé received notification that our petition was received at NVC and that I could go ahead and complete the DS 160. About 10 days after that I received a letter stating I could download packet three from their website. I'd already snooped it all out so I knew what I needed. Packet three requires you have the DS 160 done because you need the receipt number for it. I would recommend you go ahead and look at all those forms to make sure you've got all the information you need to avoid any delays. I will send in the packet three in a couple of days and then hopefully receive info on making an appointment! We are actually using an immigration lawyer who is helping us along on all this. So if I can help provide any insight into the process let me know ! :)

Timeline

It took about a week until my fiancé received notification that our petition was received at NVC and that I could go ahead and complete the DS 160. About 10 days after that I received a letter stating I could download packet three from their website. I'd already snooped it all out so I knew what I needed. Packet three requires you have the DS 160 done because you need the receipt number for it. I would recommend you go ahead and look at all those forms to make sure you've got all the information you need to avoid any delays. I will send in the packet three in a couple of days and then hopefully receive info on making an appointment! We are actually using an immigration lawyer who is helping us along on all this. So if I can help provide any insight into the process let me know ! :)

Oh wow! That seems really quick. How long has it been since you first began with the Petition to now?

Timeline

I am giving NVC a month to send our case (That's what the NOA2 said). I am ready to go with Packet 3 as soon as I get it, but honestly I am not in any hurry. My fiance needs to still find us a place to live (His lease with roommates ends in October), I have a project with work that is wrapping up in December and I had a vacation planned in November (Sadly, may have to cancel now because my flight has a layover in the US)

A week is fast I think from what I have seen on here. Most people seem to be in the 2-4 week range.. and it depends as many people start harassing NVC for the case number and get it before any written notification. Seems like that does speed things up a little at that stage.

I took a peek at the DS-160 and it is valid for a month I think.. so really you could fill it out before getting the Packet 3, but I am going to wait.

K-1 Visa Timeline

Timeline

We sent in our petition in feb. We had an RFE which consisted of my rephotocopying something and resubmitting it. So that slowed down the initial process.

Timeline

Well Chiggins, you can do your interview after the trip....I mean anytime before that visa is issued is fair game. (Yep. Spent New Years with my hun while Vancouver had my file collecting dust)

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

There is less on Vancouver mostly because of IR1/CR1 who have to go to Montreal. Only K1 goes to Vancouver (and the occasional K3.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Well Chiggins, you can do your interview after the trip....I mean anytime before that visa is issued is fair game. (Yep. Spent New Years with my hun while Vancouver had my file collecting dust)

I wondered about this. It would put me over the validity date though on the visa and I wasn't too sure if they would still automatically extend it if I chose to have the interview past that date.

Is that worth a call/email to the Embassy? I would hate to have to start over because they didn't extend... Really I am just no too sure if they would care or not! :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

Timeline

Hey I did it. It's always worth an email (and keep a paper trail to cya but I got no grief. My petition expired in November or December (can't remember which now) and I just had my interview beginning of may. No big.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Timeline

Thanks pro_star. That is a bit of a relief! I wasn't going to screw things up over a trip, but it is nice to know I can likely still take it. It is my last trip as a 'single' :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.