godsrule

Can I Submit 2012,2013 and 2010 tax return?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm about to post my AOS package off tomorrow and I want to know if it's ok to print out 2012,2013 and 2010 tax returns because my wife could not find the 2011. I will also like to know how to separate the different forms in one package or do I put all together or should create a different letter cover for each application forms? I will be glad to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Edited by godsrule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

If you're including taxes returns/transcripts for the I-864, you actually only have to include the most recent year's tax forms (2013). You do have to include your AGI for the 3 most recent though, so if you don't have that for 2011, you may want to find it. If you're just including them to show that you filed as married on your taxes, you can include as many or as few as you want. I probably wouldn't suggest skipping just one year though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will only need the most recent tax return. However, have your tax returns for the past three years during the interview if you will be scheduled for an interview. We just had our AOS approved. We sent out the latest tax return for 2013 in the package but I brought with me the last 3 years of tax returns during our interview, but the IO never asked for them. Never had a problem with it.

Timeline

Thank you very much yellow for the quick response. What is AGI? Is that your pay stubs? Please can you explain what you meant by filed as married on your taxes cos my wife has not change her names on her documents yet.

Timeline

Hey! Your AGI is your adjusted gross income. Depending on if you did a 1040 or 1040EZ, you have to include your AGI or net income for the I-864 where it asks what you made over the past 3 years. So, you'll need to refer to your 2013, 2012, and 2011 taxes to give that number accurately.

I'm still unsure if you're filling out the I-864 or just trying to establish that you both filed your taxes together. When you were single, you probably filed just for yourself or any dependents that you have. If you were married before December 31 or on December 31, you probably included your wife on your taxes, which is considered "married filing jointly". If you were married then, you could have also done "married filing separately" meaning you didn't file together. Forgive me, I haven't seen your timeline to see when you got married. If you got married in 2014, then disregard this completely ;)

If you ARE doing the I-864, you can include paystubs over the last 6 months and a letter from your employer. That will definitely help establish that you have been working consistently and meet all of the requirements needed for the I-864.

Timeline

Hey! Your AGI is your adjusted gross income. Depending on if you did a 1040 or 1040EZ, you have to include your AGI or net income for the I-864 where it asks what you made over the past 3 years. So, you'll need to refer to your 2013, 2012, and 2011 taxes to give that number accurately.

I'm still unsure if you're filling out the I-864 or just trying to establish that you both filed your taxes together. When you were single, you probably filed just for yourself or any dependents that you have. If you were married before December 31 or on December 31, you probably included your wife on your taxes, which is considered "married filing jointly". If you were married then, you could have also done "married filing separately" meaning you didn't file together. Forgive me, I haven't seen your timeline to see when you got married. If you got married in 2014, then disregard this completely ;)

If you ARE doing the I-864, you can include paystubs over the last 6 months and a letter from your employer. That will definitely help establish that you have been working consistently and meet all of the requirements needed for the I-864.

. Thank you very much for taking your time to explain to me. I just got married last month May and I'm the beneficiary. Yea we. An get pay stub for the last 6months so does that means we should forget about the AGI?

She can find tax transcript (2011) on IRS website if you need it.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Re: organization. We created a cover letter explaining what was contained within the packet. We used labeled tabs to indicate where each section began. (Different forms, proof, etc.) Have attached a picture of what it looked like.

(Was this overkill? Possibly. But we figured it's easier for whomever receives the packet to flip to the sections they want to look at if it's easily labeled, and that making things easier for the person processing the paperwork only makes sense!)

post-165430-0-45269200-1401724985_thumb.jpg

Edited by kehills

I'm about to post my AOS package off tomorrow and I want to know if it's ok to print out 2012,2013 and 2010 tax returns because my wife could not find the 2011. I will also like to know how to separate the different forms in one package or do I put all together or should create a different letter cover for each application forms? I will be glad to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Have you wife go to the local tax office and they can print out tax transcripts on the spot while she waits. All she has to do is bring a government issued photo ID and her social security number. It's easy. You can even go online and print them your self here is the link to get a Return of Account Transcript: www.irs.gov

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aren't you supposed to report total income for I1864 ez if you filed using 1040?

NOA2: 4/13/2014

NVC Received Case: 4/28/2014

NVC Assigned Case no and IIN: 5/21/2014

DS261 available and submitted: 5/31/2014

AOS fees available and paid: 6/2/2014

AOS package sent out:6/3/2014

AOS fee shows paid: 6/4/2014

Resubmitted DS261 because it showed incomplete: 6/5/2014

AOS Package scanned at NVC: 6/9/2014 :protest:

IV fees paid: 7/10/14 :ranting:

DS260 Submitted: 7/12/14 :ranting:

IV Packaged Scanned by NVC: 7/15/2014 :ranting:

CC:9/7/2014 :dancing:

Interview:10/29/2014 :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

POE:11/09/2014 :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

Aren't you supposed to report total income for I1864 ez if you filed using 1040?

Here's what it says on the I-864 part 6:

My total income (adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years was:

So my understanding is that his wife will but her AGI if she filed the 1040EZ and her net income if she didn't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you ARE doing the I-864, you can include paystubs over the last 6 months and a letter from your employer. That will definitely help establish that you have been working consistently and meet all of the requirements needed for the I-864

Hello y3llow,

My husband and I got married in November 2013 and filed my taxes in February 2014. Is this okay? Am I in violation? Please help...I have never been married before:( I did not know that I was to file taxes with my husband that lives in Nigeria. I filed head of household and he is not even currently employed.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center Consulate : Nigeria Marriage (if applicable): 2013-11-14 I-130 Sent : 2013-12-03 I-130 NOA1 : 2013-12-05 I-130 RFE : I-130 RFE Sent : I-130 Approved : 2014-06-07 NVC Received : 2014-07-07 Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-08-14 Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-19 Receive I-864 Package : Send AOS Package : 2014-09-05 Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-14 Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-11 Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-16 Send IV Package : 2014-09-18 Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-02-04 Case Completed at NVC : 2015-01-15 NVC Left : 2015-02-12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.