Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2014

6,035 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you! I am going to watch your case! I see you were completed a week ago and still no interview date.... I wonder if I'm even in the queue for July (there might be too many ahead of me)?

Read the wiki, it explains it perfectly.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Thanks very much

It really helps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I called my accountant and he amended my previous taxes, filed as MFS now and wrote her first and last name and NRA in place of SSN, he's sending me the documents to sign and submit to the IRS. Should I physically find an IRS office to take these to in order to get some sort of receipt, or should I mail it and ask for this later? Thanks!

Should I ask right off the bat for a supervisor?

I wish this was like facebook and I could tag someone - jsumner's wife was able to get a supervisor on the phone regarding a BS check list. I'm pretty sure she just asked to speak with one regarding her check list.... maybe he can give you more details when he sees this...

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

I wish this was like facebook and I could tag someone - jsumner's wife was able to get a supervisor on the phone regarding a BS check list. I'm pretty sure she just asked to speak with one regarding her check list.... maybe he can give you more details when he sees this...

I just spoke with supervisor "Nari". It was a rollercoster of emotions that ended in me having to accept that I'm mailing in a new form. Also, she said that it didn't matter anyway because they are done scheduling for July.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I called my accountant and he amended my previous taxes, filed as MFS now and wrote her first and last name and NRA in place of SSN, he's sending me the documents to sign and submit to the IRS. Should I physically find an IRS office to take these to in order to get some sort of receipt, or should I mail it and ask for this later? Thanks!

If you phisically find IRS office you will have "proof of delivery", we had this and sent it together with the AOS checklist.

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-08-01, I -130 NOA2: 2014-01-30, NVC Received: 2014-03-17, NVC I-130 Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-04-15, Completed DS-261 online: 2014-04-21, AOS packet, IV packet sent: 2014-04-30, AOS and IV fees shows Paid, DS-260 available: 2014-05-01, DS-260 submitted- 2014-05-02, AOS checklist response scan: 2014-06-09, Case completed:2014-07-22, P4 e-mail received: 2014-08-02, Interview appointment: 2014-09-08

Just make a copy of the amended form. No receipt needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just make a copy of the amended form. No receipt needed.

Thanks Saylin, and I was wondering do they send a copy of the tax return/transcript to the consulate? Or is that my responsibility to have? Because this could be a good thing if they just never ask but if they do I will have the old copy and the copy of the amended form just incase.

I just spoke with supervisor "Nari". It was a rollercoster of emotions that ended in me having to accept that I'm mailing in a new form. Also, she said that it didn't matter anyway because they are done scheduling for July.

Just for the N/A? - they always state this "we are done for (inset month here)" #######, they said this about London for July 2 weeks ago, now they are still stating they are still scheduling for July!

Thanks Saylin, and I was wondering do they send a copy of the tax return/transcript to the consulate? Or is that my responsibility to have? Because this could be a good thing if they just never ask but if they do I will have the old copy and the copy of the amended form just incase.

Who's they?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah but it takes 30 days for them to review it! :bonk:

That sucks! It used to be 15 days, but now it's 30 days. :wacko:

A month ago, it was like, "Checklist!? Oh, well, I guess I'll wait for 15 more days." :clock:

Now, it's like, "Checklist!!?? 30 more days!!?? Grrrrrrrr!!!" :dead:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Just for the N/A? - they always state this "we are done for (inset month here)" #######, they said this about London for July 2 weeks ago, now they are still stating they are still scheduling for July!

Well, I think they mean they are done according to the embassy. If they have already wrapped up July for Frankfurt, there is nothing I can say about it. I tried everything though and there was no way around it. She did specify that other than that my case was perfect and she asked if I was the lawyer. :/

I wonder if these Agents are referring to the specific embassies? As in, London may still be scheduling for July but Germany is finished?

Are you in the US? I wonder if same-day or at least overnight express is an option for you?

oprahbees.gif

That sucks! It used to be 15 days, but now it's 30 days. :wacko:

A month ago, it was like, "Checklist!? Oh, well, I guess I'll wait for 15 more days." :clock:

Now, it's like, "Checklist!!?? 30 more days!!?? Grrrrrrrr!!!" :dead:

She said it wouldn't be 30 days. Technically it wasn't 30 days this time. It was 21.

Well, I think they mean they are done according to the embassy. If they have already wrapped up July for Frankfurt, there is nothing I can say about it. I tried everything though and there was no way around it. She did specify that other than that my case was perfect and she asked if I was the lawyer. :/

Jinx to your first sentence!

oprahbees.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.