Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2014

6,035 posts in this topic

I think its true. We have a lawyer and we got our aos and iv around the same time.

Yesterday when I called, i was told that if you have a lawyer listed in your DS-261 (Online Choice of Agent and Address). Then you will get the AOS and IV around the same time. If you dont have a lawer listed then you will have to wait 30 days for the IV. If any one else calls please verify if this is true. I did not used a lawyer, so 30 day wait for me. I feel is punishment for not paying a layer.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Need advice... received a checklist for I-864A, not writing N/A for address. My in-laws' IV documents were approved as of yesterday. However received a checklist for I-864A. I wish, I had came across this forum back in May. Has anyone had any luck getting a supervisor's review? I spoke to 2 different representatives, one said I should write down the address again and other one said I should write down N/A. One said that Department of State doesn't want NVC to approve applications with any blanks, other one said that it is the consulate that doesn't want any blanks. Am I just going to have to resend it? and wait till end of July to be approved, I am kicking my butt for following their insturctions....

Edited by npatel12

Yesterday when I called, i was told that if you have a lawyer listed in your DS-261 (Online Choice of Agent and Address). Then you will get the AOS and IV around the same time. If you dont have a lawer listed then you will have to wait 30 days for the IV. If any one else calls please verify if this is true. I did not used a lawyer, so 30 day wait for me. I feel is punishment for not paying a layer.

Please read the NVC WIKI . Step 2... last sentence. Saying it is punishment is silly.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Need advice... received a checklist for I-864A, not writing N/A for address. My in-laws' IV documents were approved as of yesterday. However received a checklist for I-864A. I wish, I had came across this forum back in May. Has anyone had any luck getting a supervisor's review? I spoke to 2 different representatives, one said I should write down the address again and other one said I should write down N/A. One said that Department of State doesn't want NVC to approve applications with any blanks, other one said that it is the consulate that doesn't want any blanks. Am I just going to have to resend it? and wait till end of July to be approved, I am kicking my butt for following their insturctions....

Several members here have been checklisted for the same thing, and I know at least one of them unsuccessfully tried to have the checklist removed through supervisor review. They got on the phone and had NVC read the line of directions stating to leave the line blank if the address was the same, but NVC wouldn't budge. Everyone ends up having to resend the form :(

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I got the same checklist. I wrote two same addresses and send them back :P

NBC - CSC (I-130) (220 DAYS)

7/18/2013 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox
7/22/2013 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox
7/25/2013 - NOA1 e-mail received (MSC Case Number)

8/05/2013 - Received NOA1 hardcopy
1/08/2014 - Transfered from NBC to CSC
1/16/2014 - (transfer) hardcopy received
2/08/2014 - RFE response sent
2/27/2014 - NOA2 e-mail received (Case approved)
3/10/2014 - Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC
3/10/2014 - NVC received
4/11/2014 - Case# generated, DS-261 COMPLETED
4/21/2014 - DS-261 accepted, AOS and IV Fee PAID
4/22/2014 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC
4/25/2014 - DS-260 COMPLETED
4/28/2014 - AOS and IV package received by NVC
5/21/2014 - False checklist for AOS.. IV package accepted
5/28/2014 - Checklist for I-864A
6/02/2014 - Checklist for I-864A delivered

6/05/2014 - Checklist for I-864A scanned
7/11/2014 - Case Complete !!!!!
7/31/2014 - Interview date (9/02/2014) - rescheduled on 8/29/2014

Embassy
8/07/2014 - Embassy Received
8/12/2014 - Medical (Done)
8/29/2014 - Interview

9/01/2014 - Visa in hand
9/07/2014 - POE

Removing Conditions

6/11/2016 - Filed (CSC)

6/17/2016 - NoA

6/26/2016 - Letter with bio. appt.

7/13/2016 - Biometrics

4/--/2017 -

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all,

Our petition got approved on June 2nd.Today I called NVC at 7:35 am got through in the second ring waited 25 min. they have my case. I will give them another week before in call again hopefully I get my case #. Best of luck to you all.

Actually, it's not. The actual NOA1 date has been in question throughout this process. On my case complete letter, my priority date was listed as June 27, 2013, which is the date they received and logged my petition. But the letter came dated July 1st. So I've never really known which date was my NOA1.

Anyway - it will have been a little over a year for the whole process - and I will be soooo thankful it will be over for two years. Then we'll have to get the conditional visa changed to a 10-year one!

Then a year later go for citizenship!

So I'll be on Visa Journey for a looooooooooooooooong time!

Sukie

On VisaJourney, we consider the NOA1 and NOA2 dates as the notice date on the letters USCIS sends. It's not when you receive the letter and it's not the priority date, it's the notice date.

Hi Saylin

Did you receive my spreadsheet updates that I sent you this morning?

What a great day for so many people.

Still thinking about all the others though.

I haven't checked since yesterday morning I believe. I've gotten busy with work and once I get home, I usually veg out and watch TV shows to relax, lol. But don't worry, if you submitted the form, I received it. I should get around to updating everything today (as long as everything was filled out correctly). Which reminds me...

To everyone: if you submitted the form (whether to be added or for a simple update), please verify you've been updated on the spreadsheet. I've got like 50+ lines on the form response sheet with errors from people. Either people aren't providing correct links to their timelines (I'm actually still getting links to MY timeline, lol) or people aren't updating their timelines (there's still soooo many people with Armenia listed as their consulate). So, please, check the form response sheet. Here, I'll make it real easy and provide the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dGNtM0EzRFdPaW5Ga20xaU9MOVM4T3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0 If you're still listed with a colored note, read the note, fix the error, then re-submit. Thank you :)

Edited by Saylin

Please read the NVC WIKI . Step 2... last sentence. Saying it is punishment is silly.

Amen to that. I'll take a 30 day wait over a 2 month delay (due to lawyers' silly mistakes) any day!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called NVC yesterday to inquire about my checklist which was for the total income I put down (Incorrectly, oops), anyway, the woman I spoke to said I only had to re-submit the i-864 form and I made sure to ask if that meant I had to re-submit my tax information all over again..she said no just the i-864....if someone else was in this similar situation...did you re-send without taxes (since you had mailed them the first time) ?

I called NVC yesterday to inquire about my checklist which was for the total income I put down (Incorrectly, oops), anyway, the woman I spoke to said I only had to re-submit the i-864 form and I made sure to ask if that meant I had to re-submit my tax information all over again..she said no just the i-864....if someone else was in this similar situation...did you re-send without taxes (since you had mailed them the first time) ?

I got the same checklist and they also told us to send just the I-864 form. We did that and we're waiting for them to review it. I don't think they need your taxes again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got the same checklist and they also told us to send just the I-864 form. We did that and we're waiting for them to review it. I don't think they need your taxes again.

Ok thank you! off to the post office I go then :goofy: *fingers crossed* :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey guys, congrats to all who received good new today and yesterday.

Quick question, if someone is sending an AOS package through e-mail, how long does it normally take for the NVC to show they have received it. I had it send on the 27th of May, and when I called today, they confirmed they have payment for the AOS and the DS-261 shown as complete, but nothing about the AOS package. Can anyone give me any information on this?

We sent our AOS package via email on May 15th. One the website it says it takes them from two to four weeks . I'll wait for the four weeks and then call NVC for info.

Just got off the phone. The rep told me that AOS and DS260 "is ok". I was thrilled at first that it has been reviewed and assumed that it is complete. The rep said that They are just waiting for my civil documents. Im gonna punch the face of our attorney if he haven't send my IV package to NVC. Got to tell my husband to punch his face for me. *sigh*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, I received a hard copy NOA2 (well, my husband did in Japan, I have received nothing at my new address, which I changed 5 days before our case was approved at Nabraska Service Center) on May 15th. Our case was approved on May 6th then sent to NVC apparently...

I have yet to receive anything from NVC. I know it can take 30 days. How do I know they even received anything? Do you get something in the mail saying it was accepted?

I tried to call the NVC at the 603# and it has been busy every time. It beeps three times like a busy signal and then nothing. I'm calling 603-334-0700.

I just wrote the nvc inquiry email address to see if I could get anything from them. Any advice on my next step?

Thank you :)

My case was approved in Nebraska May 19 and NVC received it June 3... when you are calling NVC at that 603 number you will get a busy signal 30 or more times until you get through, then you will get a phone automated menu and spend anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour on hold before you get a person. The trick is to be persistent, keep hitting redial until you finally get connected and do not give up. Then have your USCIS number ready to give to the operator to ask them if they have received your paperwork yet. From May 6 I would think they should have it by now.

Good luck!!!

Married: May 19, 2002
NOA1: November 25, 2013
NOA2: May 19, 2014 (anniversary gift!)
NVC received: June 3, 2014
Case # assigned: June 23, 2014
DS-261 complete: July 7, 2014
DS-261 accepted: July 9, 2014
Email received from NVC re: AOS fee: July 8, 2014
AOS fee paid: July 9, 2014
(waited 1 more week for snail mail tax transcript, still hasn't arrived a month after sending request, decided to send I-864 with photocopy instead)

I-864 sent: July 19, 2014 (Decided on Electronic Processing)
I-864 accepted: July 28 & 31 (sent twice because of PDF password thingy)
Sent IV package: August 7, 2014
IV package accepted: August 8, 2014
IV fee invoiced/paid: August 19, 2014
DS-260 completed: August 22, 2014
CASE COMPLETE: September 19, 2014 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:
Medical: November 3, 2014
Interview: November 7, 2014

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.