Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2014

6,035 posts in this topic

My partner went for her Medical today in Brisbane, Australia. We were lucky - they scheduled the exam for her even though we don't have our Case Complete email yet, nor our interview date. Turns out all they wanted was her case number, so we could have gotten her exam done two months ago!

Anyway, I was surprised that they told her it would take seven days for the results, AND, she has to go back to their office to pick it up. It takes us an hour-and-a-half train ride to get into Brisbane.

The receptionist said we could have it mailed to us for an extra $20, but firmly discouraged this method.

I, myself, think that $475 for an exam is an outrage, and having to go back to pick it up is too. However, it is the last "tick" of the box prior to our interview, and for that, we are both thankful.

I see LifeOnHold got her CC email on June 9. That means ours will probably come on June 11. Sure wish we'd get that interview email, though!

I've not seen any interviews given in the last three working days at NVC...

Sukie

Not sure if your assumption is going to last.. I was expecting a CC email yesterday, but so far nothing!

Our Journey:

USCIS:

07-24-2013: PD I-130

08-20-2013: PD I-129

01-03-2014 Transfer to TSC

02-01-2014 NOA2 both petitions

02-05-2014 I-129 sent to NVC

02-14-2014 I-130 sent to NVC

NVC:

02-18-2014 I-129 received, Case number & IIN available

02-20-2014 I-129 sent to consulate

02-25-2014 I-130 received by NVC

02-26-2014 Received letter with instructions from US consulate to follow up with for the K3 visa

03-28-2014 Case number and INN received

03-31-2014 Received email that invoices are ready to be paid

03-31-2014 Invoices paid by bank

04-02-2014 Invoices show PAID

04-03-2014 DS-260 filed by Lawyer

04-04-2014 AOS and IV package sent by Lawyer to NVC

04-25-2014 Checklist AOS and Birth Certificate - Lawyer clueless - sigh

04-30-2014 New birth certificates with apostilles

05-01-2014 Sent package to Lawyer with updated docs

05-05-2014 Lawyer sent out new package to NVC

05-06-2014 NVC received updated package

05-07-2014 NVC logged package in their system

06-02-2014 Case Complete - Waiting for email and interview date :clock: :clock: :clock:

How will i know if i had a checklist?

Most people find out first by calling, then receive the email with the actual checklist items a day or so later.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Congratulations!!! :dancing: :joy: So awesome to have this great news to start the day!

I've seen the recommendation that the I-864A be used when "household member" applies to tax filings as well, not just sharing the same residence :unsure: The I-864A is to add one's income to another sponsoring household member. So for instance, Soloenta has to file the I-864 as the sponsor/petitioner. Then Parent #1 will file an I-864 as well. If Parent #2's income is also needed to meet the threshold, Parent #2 can submit the I-864A.

I think they're using the assets though, not the income. :) I wasn't going to give advice I wasn't sure of! ;). Thanks for the clarification!

Did the NVC skip May 13th mail or something? :bonk: . Packages have not been REVIEWED yet. So much for that OT and getting rid of that backlog NVC.

The wife got Arthur.. I'm sure that didn't go down well.. :dead:

I-130 STAGE
-------------------------------
16th May 2013- I-130 PD Date
30th Dec 2013- Transferred to TSC
13th Mar 2014- I-130 Approved
20th Mar 2014- Cased shipped to NVC.

NVC STAGE
--------------------------------
28th Mar 14 Case received at NVC
28th Apr 14 Case # & IIN assigned

13th May 14 AOS package scanned into the system
14th May 14 DS260 available/completed.
20th May 14 IV package scanned into the system

12th June 14 AOS checklist- NVC error-

13th June 14 Supervisor review, said she would remove it when spoke to her. (Up to 30 business days).

28th July 14 CASE COMPLETE!!!!

19th August 2014- Medical

5th September 2014- Interview @ London

05th Sep 2014-Interview

05th Sep 2014- APPROVED! Visa Status Issued same day!

10th Sep 2014- Visa in hand

18th September 2014- POE ORLANDO FL! DISNEY!! :dancing:

I think they're using the assets though, not the income. :) I wasn't going to give advice I wasn't sure of! ;). Thanks for the clarification!

Did the NVC skip May 13th mail or something? :bonk: . Packages have not been REVIEWED yet. So much for that OT and getting rid of that backlog NVC.

The wife got Arthur.. I'm sure that didn't go down well.. :dead:

Ah ok, assets then :) Still works! Form instructions state: "Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor's income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements."

NVC is bananas lately, I don't understand how they can be so far behind still given this alleged overtime. Last time they played that card things were back to normal in pretty short order. Sorry for your wife's Arthur experience! I think these stories alone would be enough to discourage me from AM calling if I still had the need :lol: Nothing says good morning quite like bitter disappointment served by a surly operator.

This is the number +16033340700, correct?

because I call with google voice as always and now i'm receiving this message At 2:18 PM +1 603-334-0700 was not available for a phone call.

Yes, that's the correct number. It's difficult to get through -- plan on a few dozen redials before the line connects. They've only got about 40 operators and probably hundreds of people trying to call at any given moment.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

Ah ok, assets then :) Still works! Form instructions state: "Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor's income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements."

NVC is bananas lately, I don't understand how they can be so far behind still given this alleged overtime. Last time they played that card things were back to normal in pretty short order. Sorry for your wife's Arthur experience! I think these stories alone would be enough to discourage me from AM calling if I still had the need :lol: Nothing says good morning quite like bitter disappointment served by a surly operator.

Yes, that's the correct number. It's difficult to get through -- plan on a few dozen redials before the line connects. They've only got about 40 operators and probably hundreds of people trying to call at any given moment.

Wasn't there to hear how it went, but I know she doesn't put up with people who are horrendous like that. He hung up on her once and after that she said she ever got him again, she would give him an earful :P.

I feel like we have really bad luck! Everyone's cases are getting completed or being reviewed and we're "stuck" again. The wife has been worried about any checklists for AOS. She keeps double checking to make sure she filled it out correctly, etc. This process is not for perfectionist ;).

I-130 STAGE
-------------------------------
16th May 2013- I-130 PD Date
30th Dec 2013- Transferred to TSC
13th Mar 2014- I-130 Approved
20th Mar 2014- Cased shipped to NVC.

NVC STAGE
--------------------------------
28th Mar 14 Case received at NVC
28th Apr 14 Case # & IIN assigned

13th May 14 AOS package scanned into the system
14th May 14 DS260 available/completed.
20th May 14 IV package scanned into the system

12th June 14 AOS checklist- NVC error-

13th June 14 Supervisor review, said she would remove it when spoke to her. (Up to 30 business days).

28th July 14 CASE COMPLETE!!!!

19th August 2014- Medical

5th September 2014- Interview @ London

05th Sep 2014-Interview

05th Sep 2014- APPROVED! Visa Status Issued same day!

10th Sep 2014- Visa in hand

18th September 2014- POE ORLANDO FL! DISNEY!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had a similar checklist.. Check here --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498764-nvc-filers-june-2014/?p=7060553

The last page had "checklist for -wife name-" They requested to submit just the i864. But after talking to multiple reps at NVC, they requested that i send in birth and marriage certificates. Also, they said my IV documents are still being reviewed so it confused the heck out of me. I'm sending the documents in a few days anyway.

How many pages are in the check list? Check my post from the link above. See if you have the same last page or not.

Hello guys, Saylin,

Yesterday we got check list... I'll call today, but just wonder is there anybody with the same experience, because from everything listed it's looks like they miss almost everything from my IV package. I sent everything originals with apostille with translations...

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant
visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents
which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required
information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.
Please read the enclosed information to determine where to send all required copies of missing
documents. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603)
334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET.
Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly
as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.
From the date you mail or transmit the requested information, please allow 20 business days for NVC to
review this documentation/your mail. When we complete our review, the NVC will notify
you/petitioner/beneficiary/attorney with information regarding the next processing step.
If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all
submitted fees and documents will expire. Upon expiration, the fees and documents would need to
be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.
CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original, or a certified copy of the original document listed above. Each
applicant must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the
country of birth, showing the date and place of birth, and the parentage of the alien, based upon the
original registration of birth.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview or refusal
of a visa.
The certificate must contain the following information:
 Person's date of birth
 Person's place of birth
 Names of both parents, and
 Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records
If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must come from the issuing government authority
and it must contain annotation by the issuing authority indicating that it is an extract from the official
records.
In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, a
photocopy of the original documents must be submitted.
Unobtainable birth certificates
If the applicant's birth record is unobtainable, please obtain a certified statement from the appropriate
government authority stating the reason that the applicant's birth record is not available. The applicant
must submit secondary evidence with the certified statement. For example:
 A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names
(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)
 An adoption decree for an adopted child
 An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's mother, stating the date and place of
birth, both parents names, and the mother's maiden name
Suitability of documentation for immigration purposes
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to our website
immigrantvisas.state.gov to determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific
guidelines for the document requested.
All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement by
the translator which includes the following:
 Translation is accurate.
Translator is competent to translate.
______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate
seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come
from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government
authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or
refusal of a visa.
In addition to the original documents, or certified copies of the documents, a photocopy of the original
documents must be submitted to the NVC.
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to
immigrantvisas.state.gov to determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific
guidelines for the requested document.
All document not in English, or the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed, must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement
signed by the translator that states the following:
 Translation is accurate
 Translator is competent to translate
If it is impossible to obtain an original document or a certified copy of the original document because
records have been destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, you should
obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is
not available.
______10 - REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA POLICE CERTIFICATE:_______________
MACEDONIA: Available. A police record may be obtained for all persons aged 14 years or more which indicates any prior
criminal convictions (Uverenie za neosuduvanost). Applications should be made to the main police department which has
jurisdiction over the person's place of residence. The certificate can usually be obtained in two to four days and there is a 50
denar fee. Macedonian citizens not physically present in Macedonia may apply for the police certificate through Macedonian
diplomatic or consular representatives abroad. Police certificates are not available for foreigners who live or who have lived
in Macedonia.
______MACEDONIA COURT CERTIFICATE:_________________________________
Available: The court certificate (sudsko uverenie) is issued by the Basic Court (Osnoven sud) of the
district in which the applicant currently resides (or last resided) and indicates whether the person has
been convicted and/or sentenced in a court or if a verdict was rendered against the person for any crime
which carries a potential sentence of a monetary fine or imprisonment of up to three years. The
certificate may be obtained in about two days and there is a fee of 400 denars. Macedonian citizens not
physically present in Macedonia may apply for the police certificate through Macedonian diplomatic or
consular representatives abroad.
07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

This is the number +16033340700, correct?

because I call with google voice as always and now i'm receiving this message At 2:18 PM +1 603-334-0700 was not available for a phone call.

Yes it is (001) - 603 - 334 - 0700

USCIS

01-24-2014 - Sent i-130
01-28-2014 - NOA1

02-25-2014 - Expedite approved

03-06-2014 - NOA2

NVC
03-18-2014 - NVC received in the building

04-18-2014 - NVC case number assigned
04-23-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-25-2014 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

04-30-2014 - IV Fee Generated and paid

05-01-2014 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

05-01-2014 - IV packet sent

05-02-2014 - DS-260 completed online

05-16-2014 - NVC received IV packet and AOS packet
06-14-2014 - AOS Fee changed to N/A
06-14-2014 - Case completed :dancing:
:dancing:

06-24-2014 - Interview scheduled for August 5th at 09:30 am Naples, Italy.

CONSULATE

04-08-2014 - Medical
05-08-2014 - Interview
07-08-2014 - Visa in hand
17-08-2014 - POE

LIFE IN THE U.S :luv:(L)

29-08-2014 - Received SSN via mail

26-09-2914 - Received GREEN CARD

See you in two years USCIS :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: (L)
08-03-2016 - My ex-husband divorced me

ROC

08-12-2016 - I-751 Package mailed to California Service Center

08-16-2016 - I-751 Package Received
08-24-2016 - NOA1 Received in the Mail (dated 08-16-2016)

Wasn't there to hear how it went, but I know she doesn't put up with people who are horrendous like that. He hung up on her once and after that she said she ever got him again, she would give him an earful :P.

I feel like we have really bad luck! Everyone's cases are getting completed or being reviewed and we're "stuck" again. The wife has been worried about any checklists for AOS. She keeps double checking to make sure she filled it out correctly, etc. This process is not for perfectionist ;).

I can empathize. I would've beaten myself to an emotional pulp if I got us a checklist. I can't count how many times I reviewed each package line by line, or spread the contents across a table to stare at them and run through my mental checklist just one more time. I had everything in triplicate and even took pictures so I could reassure myself later I had indeed sent everything :rolleyes:NVC had better pick up the pace again, this is really getting absurd. People who have already suffered worst and longest are once again getting the short end of the stick. I wish NVC had a dashboard like USCIS processing stats. It's nice we can get more info from them on the phone but they really provide less up front than USCIS does. We don't know their processes, whereas USCIS publishes its Field Adjudicator Manual. We don't know their workload, whereas USCIS publishes volume and trend data. Transparency matters, and on an agency level, they're not doing very well with it.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Question guys... so i received the official check list today and on the last page (checklist) it says I need to resubmit i864ez and that's it. However on page 2 and 3, it talks about sending in marriage certificate, birth certificate and PCC. When i called last night, Gus told me that i need to send in Birth/marriage certificate and i864ez. I just talked to another agent after seeing the checklist and she told me that my IV document hasnt been reviewed yet and that all i need to send right now is the i864ez. Any ideas about the requests in page 2 and 3 vs the last checklist page?

Page 2 and 3:

yes, the same one without financial support. i have doubt that they didn't rewieved yet the for package, but i can't get them on the phone yet

Hi Guys,

when I get my case number will I know what embassy my interview will be held at?

Yes. Your case number will begin with a three letter code that designates your embassy/consulate. I'm sure there's another source for this information but the first place I found it is here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit.html Scroll down to the middle of the page and there's a drop down list that identifies all embassies and consulates by their code.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yes, the same one without financial support. i have doubt that they didn't rewieved yet the for package, but i can't get them on the phone yet

yeah it's very confusing. They didnt tell me to send financial documents even though I sent it with IV documents and it's listed in the checklist. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what my IV review status is. i'm still hoping that i have a false checklist :cry:

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Congratulations! Wow the 15th!? Did they say when they were working on it? We called last night for the AOS package they received on the 13th and they said it hasn't been reviewed yet..

There you were freaking out about the AOS package.. Congratulations!! Good news for the morning!! :dancing:

Thank you :)

She said they are currently working on 13th-16th, but I think different reveiwers have different batches.

My case was actually completed yesterday, on June 9th but because I am in Australia, I wasn't able to call until tonight (June 10th) obviously.

USCIS:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130:

07-19-2013: Marriage

07-29-2013: I-130 NOA1

01-14-2014: Transfer date to CSC

02-20-2014: RFE Mailed

03-06-2014: RFE Received/Mailed Back

03-14-2014: NOA2

NVC:

04-25-2014: I-130 Case # and IIN assigned

05-02-2014: DS261 available and completed

05-02-2014: AoS fee invoiced and paid

05-03-2014: IV fee paid

05-07-2014: Sent IV and AOS Packet from Australia

05-09-2014: DS260 available and completed

05-12-2014: Packet tracked and shown "delivered"

05-15-2014: AoS package scanned into the system at NVC

05-15-2014: IV package scanned into the system at NVC

05-29-2014: Sent extra documents that were forgotten in first AOS package

06-04-2014: AoS Packet #2 tracked and shown "delivered"

06-06-2014: AoS Packet #2 scanned into the system at NVC

06-09-2014: Case Complete

US Consulate in Sydney, Australia:

06-11-2014: Interview scheduled

06-19-2014: Medical scheduled

07-22-2014: INTERVIEW: VISA APPROVED

07-29-2014: Status changed to Administrative Processing on CEAC website

07-31-2014: ISSUED

08-01-2014: VISA RECEIVED IN HAND!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.