Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2014

6,035 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

IV bill still isn't available :( hopefully early next week I will be able to pay it so I can continue this journey as quickly as possible

First Met: June-13 - 2003

Marriage : January-26-2012

I-130 Sent : May-31-2013

I-130 NOA1 : June-05-2013

NOA 2: April-08 - 2014

Case shipped to NVC: April-16 - 2014

10 months in USCIS

NVC:

Case received: April - 28 - 2014

Case number & IIN: May - 22 - 2014

DS-261 available & completed: May - 30 - 2014

DS-261 scanned June - 03 - 2014

AOS fee paid: June - 02 - 2014

AOS fee shows as paid: June - 04 - 2014

AOS packet sent: June - 09 - 2014

AOS scanned: June - 17 - 2014

AOS APPROVED WITHOUT A CHECKLIST THANKS TO SAYLIN & HER WIKI: July - 29 - 2014

IV fee invoiced & paid: July - 29 - 2014

IV fee shows as paid: July - 30 - 2014

IV packet sent: August - 4 - 2014

DS-260 Completed: August - 6 -2014

IV packet scanned in NVC's system August - 13 - 2014

CASE COMPLETE: Oct - 09 - 2014

Interview Scheduled: Oct - 16 - 2014

Interview Date: Nov - 14 - 2014

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

One silly question, because me and my husband have been arguing about it:

*Does the Petitioner needs to be at the Beneficiary's interview?

(My husband is currently in the USA and I am in Portugal, interview will be in Paris, France)

Perfect excuse for a Euro vacation, for the petitioner that is. ;)

The consensus here is: not required, though encouraged if the consulate allows it. My take (and I hope you won't take offence)... If the petitioner is a blithering idiot who doesn't read up, rehearse, respect the enormity of the situation or know when to keep his/her mouth shut, then he/she shouldn't be even in the same continent during the interview (YMMV). Go back a few pages to read about a horrendous example that ended in a visa denial.

21-MAR-2014 I-140 + PP sent to USCIS

31-MAR-2014 Petition approved

16-APR-2014 Case shipped to NVC

29-APR-2014 Case received by NVC

23-MAY-2014 Case # assigned

4-JUN-2014 IV Bill invoiced and PAID (AOS Exempt, DS-261 Waived)

6-JUN-2014 DS-260 forms submitted

10-JUN-2014 IV Docs received by NVC

13-JUN-2014 IV Docs matched to case (scanned)

30-JUL-2014 Case Complete, CC email auto-sent one week later

20-AUG-2014 AOS fee changed to N/A (Final clearance for interview scheduling?)

29-AUG-2014 Consular Interview scheduled on Oct 1st. Later rescheduled to Sep 24th. P4 Letter received following business day

14-SEP-2014 CEAC status changed to Ready

15-SEP-2014 Medical results delivered to Embassy by Panel Physician

24-SEP-2014 Consular Interview, went into AP (3rd AP in as many consecutive visa applications)

14-OCT-2014 Visa issued

22-OCT-2014 POE at Dulles Airport, Washington, D.C.

If your case has been reviewed, how would you know if you will be having a checklist? Will you received an email right after the review? My package scanned last may 13. Im tying to call nvc but i am on hold for about 70mins and it suddenly cut..

If your case has been reviewed, how would you know if you will be having a checklist? Will you received an email right after the review? My package scanned last may 13. Im tying to call nvc but i am on hold for about 70mins and it suddenly cut..

You tried calling today? The phone Agents don't work on weekends. The rumor is there are officers reviewing packages on overtime this weekend, but there's no way to speak with someone until Monday.

On the CEAC site, does your AOS fee show 'PAID' or 'N/A'?

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

You tried calling today? The phone Agents don't work on weekends. The rumor is there are officers reviewing packages on overtime this weekend, but there's no way to speak with someone until Monday.

On the CEAC site, does your AOS fee show 'PAID' or 'N/A'?

Still PAID.. i called before 12pm EST.. guess i have to wait for monday..

Still PAID.. i called before 12pm EST.. guess i have to wait for monday..

Do you mean you called yesterday before midnight and couldn't get through?

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

My IV dox n AOS were scanned on 12May, but lawyer filled in I864 with incorrect info ??, we had to resend n it was scanned on 29May. Do u think I can have CC in next week?

Mine did the same thing, however my new one was delivered only 1 day after once i realised she had done wrong!.... the issue is that the NVC will review in the order they get them! so you will have to wait i am afraid...

However, I was told that instead of a 3rd checklist i would get a CC and have to bring my new document to the interview, so, you may get a CC then they may review your other packet and you will be A.OK!

My husband filed single as well and when I had my interview I got AP bec of that. So look at his site, bkghosh sent it to me. My husband did it already.

http://www.irs.gov/p...-pdf/f1040x.pdf

You will need to print it out, fill it in and mail it. Only the petitioner needs to sign it. In the place for Spouse's SS# you will put NRA.

Keep a copy of the form to be submitted to the consulate.

Did he file single on 2012 or 2013 taxes?

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Hi everyone,

what should I write in the subject line and email body I want to send NVC for email communication enrollment?

If you're referring to EP (electronic processing), Iran is not an eligible country.

If you're referring to simply receiving emails from NVC, it's much quicker if you just call them and give over both email addresses. But you'll need to wait for your case number to be assigned to do this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Dear all,

Finally I had been received my case number, submitted the DS-261 and pad for AOS fee. And it's just for my case. I still wait for my son's case number. I understand that I only have to pay AOS fee one time for me and my son. But how about AOS package, could you please help me figure out my question:

1. Should I send AOS package right after receiving AOS bill ? and don't have to wait for my son's case number ? And how many I-864 form I must send? Two or only one?

2. Wait until receiving the letter that assigned my son's case number?

Thank all of you

I am Filing for my wife daughter also, how old is your son? I got both my numbres (wife+daughter) at same time,, I paid one fee and sent (I-864W only..no documnets required as per NVC for my 2y old) and sent I-864 Ez for my wife will all (tax-paystub..etc) ..each case is process alone, you can send the AOS as soon as money taken out your bank, and when your son case number assigned you can send his AOS,,,

event.png

event.png

NVC Journey:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa (Wife and Daughter)

Consulate : Cairo

I-130 Approved: 2014-03-05

NVC Received: 2014-03-18

NVC I-130 Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-04-18

Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-04-24

Finally email from NVC saying it is ok now to continue the process 2014-05-27

Received I-864 Bill : 2014-05-28

Pay I-864 (daughter and wife)Bill: 2014-05-29

I-864 Bill Shows PAID: 2014-06-01

I-864 Package Sent to NVC: 2014-05-30

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 2014-06-05

Receive IV Bill for daughter: 2014-06-05

Pay daughter IV Bill: 2014-06-05

completed DS260 (daughter) 2014-06-10

Receive IV Bill for wife: 2014-08-19

Completed/Submitted DS-260 Online: 2014-08-23

IV Package Sent to NVC (daughter): 2014-06-11

IV Package Received by NVC (wife): 2014-08-22

Case Complete (WIFE): 2014-10-14

INTERVIEW DATE: NOV 13, 2014

VISA ON HAND: NOV 17, 2014

Back to USA: DEC 10, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Any guys have experienced this type of delay like resubmitted the DS 261 or delay for IV case??? Please share your info and help us

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 9.58.34 AM.png

--Green Card Conditions Removal Process - GC will be expired on 10/27/2016---

26-07-2016- I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

01-08-2016-- NOA1

01-09-2016 --BioMetrics

07-03-2017-- Date of Decision (Approved)

07-25-2017 -- 10 Years Green Card Received

--N-400 Citizenship Process--

08-01-2017- Submitted Application via Online

08-02-2017- NOA

08-05-2017- Biometrics scheduled for 09-04-2017 at Charlotte

08-22-2017- Biometrics - Completed

08-22-2017- Interview Scheduled' status update (in-line)

10-18-2017- Interview was Scheduled' status update in myUSCIS

10-19-2017- Status updated in Online account and Interview pdf available 

11-27-2017- Interview Date (Approved)

11-30-2017- Oath Ceremony ( I am US Citizen Now :jest:)

My US Journey Ends Here. Thanks to everyone and all the best for new applicants.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Saylin.. can you help?

So i received the official check list yesterday and on the last page (checklist) it says I need to resubmit i864ez and that's it. However on page 2 and 3, it talks about sending in marriage certificate, birth certificate and PCC. When i called last night, Gus told me that i need to send in Birth/marriage certificate and i864ez. I just talked to another agent after seeing the checklist and she told me that my IV document hasnt been reviewed yet and that all i need to send right now is the i864ez. Any ideas about the requests in page 2 and 3 vs the last checklist page?

Checklist for I-864EZ

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and
refer to page two for mailing instructions.
General Instructions
[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form, completely filled out (all pages required), which includes
the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order
to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.
Part 3 Information on the Sponsor
[x] This section is incomplete, please answer all questions completely. (If a question is not applicable,
please indicate N/A in the appropriate space.)
[V2G 06/06/2014]

Page 2 and 3:

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and
supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in
your response or you have not responded to some questions.
Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to
complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.
You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the
Department of State website at the following address:
www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new
completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete
the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the
Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.
NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,
please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in
the I-864 Important Notice instructions.
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original, or a certified copy of the original document listed above. Each
applicant must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the
country of birth, showing the date and place of birth, and the parentage of the alien, based upon the
original registration of birth.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview or refusal
of a visa.
The certificate must contain the following information:
 Person's date of birth
 Person's place of birth Names of both parents, and
 Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records
If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must come from the issuing government authority
and it must contain annotation by the issuing authority indicating that it is an extract from the official
records.
In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, a
photocopy of the original documents must be submitted.
Unobtainable birth certificates
If the applicant's birth record is unobtainable, please obtain a certified statement from the appropriate
government authority stating the reason that the applicant's birth record is not available. The applicant
must submit secondary evidence with the certified statement. For example:
 A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names
(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)
 An adoption decree for an adopted child
 An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's mother, stating the date and place of
birth, both parents names, and the mother's maiden name
Suitability of documentation for immigration purposes
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to our website
immigrantvisas.state.gov to determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific
guidelines for the document requested.
All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement by
the translator which includes the following:
 Translation is accurate.
Translator is competent to translate.
______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________
Please submit this applicant's original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate
seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified copy of the original it must come
from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government
authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or
refusal of a visa.
In addition to the original documents, or certified copies of the documents, a photocopy of the original
documents must be submitted to the NVC.
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go toimmigrantvisas.state.gov to determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific
guidelines for the requested document.
All document not in English, or the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed, must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement
signed by the translator that states the following:
 Translation is accurate
 Translator is competent to translate
If it is impossible to obtain an original document or a certified copy of the original document because
records have been destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, you should
obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is
not available.
______10 - PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE:____________________________
Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:
• All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police
certificates from the local Passport Office.
• Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their
local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.
• Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the District
Police Station serving their area of residence.
• Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying
outside India.

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Filed: Timeline

Tks Eastyo ?. I hope I can get my CC within next week. Congrats all people having CCs n receiving interview schedule. Nice weekend to all u guys!

Mine did the same thing, however my new one was delivered only 1 day after once i realised she had done wrong!.... the issue is that the NVC will review in the order they get them! so you will have to wait i am afraid...

However, I was told that instead of a 3rd checklist i would get a CC and have to bring my new document to the interview, so, you may get a CC then they may review your other packet and you will be A.OK!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does anybody know why my DS-261 is showing as incomplete all of a sudden?

I-130 for Dad

19 Feb 2014-paperwork sent to Chicago

24 Feb 2014- NOA1 ( sent to NSC)

14 March 2014- expedite request

30 March 2014- case approved NOA2

4 Apr 2014-case sent to NVC

21 Apr 2014- case received by NVC

10 May 2014- expedite request

19 May 2014-case# and IIN received

21 May 2014- DS-261 filled out

22 MAY 2014- AOS ready

23 May 2014-AOS PAID, AOS paperwork sent out. Expedite request approved

30 May 2014- DS-261 checklist, DS-261 resubmitted

31 May 2014-AOS checklist response sent

5 June 2014-AOS accepted

23 June 2014-IV invoice

24 June 2014-IV paid, paperwork sent

30 June 2014-DS 260

2 July 2014- Case complete

21 July 2014-INTERVIEW

I-130 for Mom

3 March 2014- paperwork sent to Chicago

10 March 2014 NOA1 (sent to NSC)

14 March 2014-expedite request

28 March 2014- case approved NOA2

4 Apr 2014 -case sent to NVC

16 Apr 2014- case received by NVC

19 May 2014-case# and IIN received/wrong embassy

20 May 2014-embassy changed, DS-261 filled out, AOS ready

22 May 2014-AOS paid

23 May 2014-AOS PAID, AOS paperwork sent. Expedite approved

30 May 2014-DS-261 Checklist, DS-261 resubmitted

31 May 2014-AOS checklist sent

5 June 2014-AOS accepted

23 June 2014-IV fee invoice

24 June 2014-IV fee paid, paperwork sent

30 June 2014-DS 260

2 July 2014-Case complete

21 July 2014-INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.