J+H

Sign the petition - balance the load between TSC and CSC

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

It's always worth a try. Might I suggest joining other visa forums and posting it so it reaches more than just the VJ crowd?

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

My petition was at CSC in 2012/13 and it took 9 months to NOA2. Vermont was the quick one then. Texas wasn't even doing them. Just the way it goes, unfortunately.

Yeah, I remember when people were cursing CSC when there was practically no movement at all. Vermont put out barely any NOA2s each month but there was at least some minimal movement. I remember calculating at the rate they were doing, our NOA2 would have taken 9-10 months. Then 4 months in, we get transferred to TSC which hadn't done I-129Fs in years and had no one trained to do it; then after a month, they began blasting out NOA2s. Processing times constantly fluctuate in this process and it's just something you have to deal with and try to prepare yourself for. Before we applied, CSC was the fast one and we were so disheartened when we found out we were at VSC. Then CSC came to a halt. Nothing for months. I also think that they should prioritize I-130s at the moment.

Times vary between service centers, field offices etc. It's part of the process. I remember how down and upset I was being separated from my fiance for months on end, but just know that your NOA2 will come.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

@barron555 - Actually, only people stuck at TSC have gone through this. The forums are full of West-Coast people who are receiving NOA2s 6-8 weeks from CSC after their NOA1s. The balance may have been different in the past, but that doesn't make it ok. Load balancing is not rocket science, nor is it unreasonable.

Everyone else - Apparently whitehouse.gov doesn't expose the petition to searches until it has at least 150 signatures! Please share the link so we can get over that threshold.

Thanks.

No offence but you are wrong not only have TSC people gone through this long wait as you are all calling it people at VSC went through it last year and I am speaking from experience because our denied petition from Dec 2013 was a VSC one and we had filed June 2012 people were being transferred to TSC while we stayed stuck. And Barron555 is right in what they said, its been 35 days since our NOA1 i'm not panicking its under initial review the person looking at it will make a decision when they have all their facts

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi.

I've read thread after thread about how far behind TSC is processing I-129fs and I am just so frustrated by the unfairness. Should I move across the country for 6 months just to get the USCIS to process our application 4-5 months sooner? It's just ridiculous.

I am going to email my senators and congressperson about this absurd imbalance. I am also trying to bring it the attention of the White House. Please sign the petition here: http://wh.gov/loVaS Ask your friends and family to sign. Email your representatives with a link to the petition so that they can see how many of us are affected. If we get 100,000 signatures by June 28 (a stretch, I know, but let's try!), the White House will review the petition directly!

Thanks.

Heather.

I signed it and i think it's a great idea! For those of you who say STOP! Seriously have some issues! You guys have been approved and no it's not around 9-10 months....Even TSC mentioned it..it's 5 months avg...and it's ridiculous how April and May Filers are getting approved before Nov. and Dec filers!!!If you don't like this post then don't read and reply!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know that for me, it is and it isn't about my own file. YES, I want my file to move quicker through the bureaucracy, but I also want the system to be reformed. It shouldn't be this kind of ebb and flow, one center is slow, then the other, back and forth nonsense. They need to have a consistent and reliable system that is fair to EVERYBODY, no matter what service center their petitions have been sent to. To think that we should just sit back and do nothing because, "it's always been this way" or "that's just how it goes" or "I've been waiting way longer than you" is ridiculous. It is a guarantee that nothing ever will change if we all sit back and do absolutely nothing. Are we wasting our time? Maybe. The government is notoriously lazy and difficult to make any noticeable changes. BUT, I'd rather be doing something than just being a floater at the mercy of the waves in this sea of bureaucracy.

This is FAR from the first petition of this type that's been attempted.

True. And far from the last likely. Hard to imagine people actually believe that with everything else going on in the world, the whitehouse gives a fiddlers that you have to wait for the privilege of bringing a foreigner here. And would leap into action, and get your petition approved quick smart, simply because you signed a petition and asked them to.

And back when we went through the process, CSC was blasting them out, and at our center, VSC, nothing. Four months later, it was the other way around. We waited, like everybody else did then, and will now. While it's difficult to accept that this is not within your control, it is not. Tilting at government windmills will get you absolutely nowhere.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Notice how the people who are saying "no" and "waste of time" are people who have already gone through this and have their loved ones by their side. *tsk tsk*

We have experience :)

I went through CSC in about five months but back then there was a back up for NVC (I was an I130 when NOA2s had equal waits for both K1 and I130) ..

There was a guy at that time from Arizona (his wife from the Philippines) doing a K-1 that was railing against the system and I think was able to get an expedite because of a flood in her village. He made some serious vows of changing the system when he was all through - even had a speech he was going to read to congress. Not sure whatever happened to him - his wife got pregnant soon after (and I think a second time) he never did make those changes he promised.

Anyway I'm babbling - point being "I feel your pain" and realize you have to do what you have to do.. But I also know a year from now what your view will be.

Good luck!

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Tsk tsk. lol. You make it sound like those of us who have already traveled down this road were mere sheep, patiently waiting. Delighted to wait, happy to be stuck in AP at NVC, unable to plan the rest of our lives. Your lack of respect for people who have been through the mill, understand the system, and it's limitations, is embarrassing. For you.

Said exactly what I was thinking. We've been through it, we've waited. I waited 5 months for my NOA2 and it took from January to September for me to get my visa, and that's a lot quicker than what some others have had to wait. Did I like it? No. Did I get angry about it? Yes. Did I learn to accept it? Yes. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, parting from my husband and being alone for 6 months without seeing him; but it's something all of us have to go through and the process we have to deal with. I've been waiting 3 1/2 months for my green card at the minute and the field office processing time is October last year, so I may be a waiver case and waiting almost a year for that.

Seen so many petitions come and go. You have to learn to accept what it is because it isn't going to change anytime soon.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.