Captain Ewok

Waves of immigrant minors present crisis for Obama, Congress

39 posts in this topic

That would be awesome. California would be bankrupt in a week.

I love the Open border theories. The whole country would be mexico in a month. About 90 million new food stamp recipients right away. I wonder if people really think this thru all the way ?

Ok we can try that, but how about all those that believe it take the doors off their house for 4 months first and open them to all as an experiment ?

Ok

Not all of them. But it would no doubt be a massive migration. What would be silly, well catastrophic actually, is dropping the average wage and GDP for California by at least 50%.

well if there is no border, they could just stay there and apply for Medicaid and food stamps. Every Factory in the US would hire people for 59 cents an hour. That is just insane

No no one would flood north, because they have no intreast in coming here LOL

Fine the employers and enforce the policy, enough that employing illegal immigrants carries the likelihood of an onerous liability.

The employers will therefore need to turn to legally employable citizens and legal immigrants. To do so will entrain paying wages sufficient to attract sufficient labour to meet the requirements of the vacant positions.

What is needed is the will in Washington to enforce such a policy, rather than pander to the illegal alien community, the cheapskate business interests, or both.

I think most resonable people agree with you that this is the way to go. Cut off the blood supply to the tumor.

I am ok with some form of dream act, but first I want it stopped or we will be right back in the same boat in 15 more years. Reagan gave them amnesty first then the govt promised to act, nothing happened

Act first, Dream act second

Filed: Timeline

No. Residents of the occupied territories would not be eligible. Nor would there be a minimum wage there, nor any OSHA standards. Americans with money would be free to set up shop there, run any business they want, and get the protection of the American military.

Americans would make crazy money, Mexico would transform into Texas (of 100 years ago) and the migrant problem would go away.

In a few decades, they can apply for admission to the Union and become the 52nd star.

I love Mexicans. I eat at Taco Bell at least twice a week.

I use to eat Mexican regularly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate thread from the "Current Events and Hot Social Topic" Forum has been merged with the existing thread in the "Immigration News and Discussion forum". Forum poll created as part of the merging thread has been removed as a violation of the Terms of Service. Several posts responding to the poll have also been removed and one post edited to remove a response to the poll:

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

Publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or offer to disseminate any inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful/illegal material, information or content.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's... not actually my point.

These are employers who have literally built their fortunes on paying slave wages. Wages far below minimum wage. I'm having trouble seeing what their motivation would be to start paying proper wages and not just hire people on contracts that end up paying them well below minimum wage, or hire USC under the table below minimum wage.

Because if he hires me and I am illegal I can pick up the phone and he will have to give me a quarter million dollars.. How many illegals will call to collect the money as opposed to working for a buck an hour? Somewhere around 100%.. How many times will said farmer/company do this before figuring out that hiring illegals is a bad idea? Some zero.. some once.. A few idiots twice..

If they want to hire a USC under the table for next to nothing they are free to try. That is not the problem we are trying to solve.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Send them home: Get their consulates involved, charge parnts with child abuse & endangerments

God knows how many of these kids are molested already on this trek. its irresponsible & their

countries must help...send them all home with a care package ASAP

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Send them home: Get their consulates involved, charge parents with child abuse & endangerment

God knows how many of these kids are molested already on this trek. its irresponsible & their

countries must help...send them all home with a care package ASAP

I think I'll leave your message up and just sit back and let it's warmth and joy wash over me.

...maybe we could rename them GTFO packages

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.