Henia

Sunday

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yup it is 1:04am everyone... offically Sunday... I am year older.... thank God another year without any grey hairs or wrinkles.

Waited on the hubby but seems he is not coming. Thanks for all the lauhs tonight ladies. :lol: and gupt, too...

Tomorrow going out to eat. Donnot where yet... my duaghter bought me a gift. I saw her wrap it is construction paper that she drew pictures on and made a bow out of too. She kept telling to not even think of trying to open it before tomorrow.

Not feeling like it is really a holiday...even the holiday I felt that way...no fun w/o the man :lol:

He told me Friday he did not forget which surprised me. Wow finally a man who can keep dates...

My girlfriend made me to cak, very nice of her... very fancy fodant covered cake. I hate to say it but it will just sit in my frig for a few weeks before I throw it out. Anyone want some cake? I rather get some tiramisu from Olive Garden or some Opera slices from Shatila....anywho happy Sunday to everyone... and enjoy that extra day! :dance::thumbs:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy happy birthday!!! :goofy::jest: I hope you enjoy the day and your daughter's present. :)

I'm wondering what they cycles are for all the women here. Would definitely be interesting to chart it. :lol:

Still missing my honey like crazy but he logged in from a cafe late this morning and even got on their very crappy webcam. I have to say, even seeing a bad cam image is better than none at all!!!

Will get to talk to him again tomorrow morning after I wake up. yay! :luv:

Hope everyone is staying safe with all the crazy weather out there!

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm wondering what they cycles are for all the women here. Would definitely be interesting to chart it. :lol:

started friday... crud!

happy bday henia!!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Hey Janine... I'm so *not* a football fan - but HOW 'BOUT DEM SAINTS??? :dance: :dance: :dance::thumbs:

Looks like the "Caints", err, um... I mean Saints cooked some Eagles :innocent::whistle::innocent:

edit for spelling mistake :rolleyes:

Edited by noura

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

started friday... crud!

happy bday henia!!

OMG, noura, we're synched up! Must be the internet pheremones!!! :lol:

Happy Birthday, Henia!!!!

Wadi left for work at 7 and I couldn't get back to sleep! :crying: Oh well, I guess I got enough sleep, since we fell asleep around 11 watching "Pirates of the Caribbean 2". Well, I fell asleep around 11, I don't know if Wadi even made it through the opening credits! :lol:

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

More happy birthday wishes for Henia.

:dance::dance::dance:

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

It's beautiful and sunny here today, though it's only 29 degrees out at the moment.

I'm going to have some breakfast and relax til my honey comes online in a couple hours.

Happy Sunday everyone.

:)

** I was just looking at the package of the cinnamon raisin bread I'm having and I see that the bread is distributed by Bimbo Bakeries. :lol:

Edited by melly

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Timeline
** I was just looking at the package of the cinnamon raisin bread I'm having and I see that the bread is distributed by Bimbo Bakeries. :lol:

Bimbo Bakeries (from Mexico right?) bought one of the biggest bakeries in the Dallas area awhile back. I always wondered about the name "Bimbo" . . . lol.

But then I also wondered why some cars have the names that they do . . . Honda Prelude??? ok, a prelude is the name of a condom in case you don't know . . . so I laughed about that one alot when a male friend of mine bought a Prelude, hehe, he never did get the joke because I guess he didn't buy condoms (stupid after he got divorced).

I noticed a Chevrolet Cobalt that is red and wonder why. hehe, my brother reminded me that they could have been referring to steel and not a shade of blue!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Happy Birthday Henia!!! Hope you have a great day - hopefully the next birthday you celebrate will be with your husband!

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Hi everyone! I have a day off finally, but not really doing anything fun since Maj has to work. I'm going to attempt to bring some order to my house, which has become a disaster area. But I'm also reading the paper and this new book I got by Diana Abu-Jaber called Crescent. It's really good, I wonder if the Lebanese ladies here have read it?

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Bimbo Bakeries (from Mexico right?) bought one of the biggest bakeries in the Dallas area awhile back. I always wondered about the name "Bimbo" . . . lol.

But then I also wondered why some cars have the names that they do . . . Honda Prelude??? ok, a prelude is the name of a condom in case you don't know . . . so I laughed about that one alot when a male friend of mine bought a Prelude, hehe, he never did get the joke because I guess he didn't buy condoms (stupid after he got divorced).

I noticed a Chevrolet Cobalt that is red and wonder why. hehe, my brother reminded me that they could have been referring to steel and not a shade of blue!

Hahahahaaa it's funny to us in English !! But in Spanish, the word "Bimbo" never really had any meaning -- it's just a word the company made up.

Remember the Chevy "Nova" ?? It never sold well in Spanish-speaking countries. Finally they figured out why.... because "No Va" means "DOESN'T GO" lol: :bonk:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Hey y'all... it's hot here again :blink: but we're going to a luncheon given for us by a couple of my clients today. It's going to be really nice and they are the sweetest people. Some other clients are having a dinner for us another time soon also - I really have the nicest clients.

We had a fun little scooter ride yesterday and planted/replanted some mint - hope it manages to survive b/c we sure do go thru a lot of it. It's too dang expensive at the store for a little container. Hopes are that the pot of 4 plants will root well enough and then we'll move it to a raised bed to take over, inch'allah! Then there should be plenty of mint.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone! I have a day off finally, but not really doing anything fun since Maj has to work. I'm going to attempt to bring some order to my house, which has become a disaster area. But I'm also reading the paper and this new book I got by Diana Abu-Jaber called Crescent. It's really good, I wonder if the Lebanese ladies here have read it?

Sharon

Sharon!! I'm so excited to see you post! How is NY treating you guys? Enjoy your day off - you work too hard!!!! :dance:

Sharon

Not a Lebanese lady but I read it two years ago, and read her "Language of Baklava" more recently.

Glad so see you around Sharon. Hope everything is going well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.